Disappointed in temperatures.

I have shaken and turned the case all over the place.

Right now the case is stood on its front with full speed on the pump.

As you see on the pic that causes the fittings on the radiator to be on the top

and you still see water bubbles? Can you put a few pictures so i can see please?

A water-cooled mid-tier gaming PC.

and you still see water bubbles? Can you put a few pictures so i can see please?

Its VERY hard to see in the pictures, but you can see the res is full of air, the pipes have air in them as well, if I turn the pump up and down several times I can see larger bubbles coming and hear the pump gurgling.

The first pic is rotated, so Right = down

2lmmm42.jpg1zebjbc.jpg

Its VERY hard to see in the pictures, but you can see the res is full of air, the pipes have air in them as well, if I turn the pump up and down several times I can see larger bubbles coming and hear the pump gurgling.

The first pic is rotated, so Right = down

Ok. i see and i think the air is coming from how you have the pump situated. That type of reservoir and pump is designed to be standing vertically not almost horizontally. The air seems to be generating in the pump and just being incorporated into your loop causing less than adequate cooling.

Another thing could be the tube you have on the memory. The angle could be causing a kink at the radiator also causing a problem.

Ok. i see and i think the air is coming from how you have the pump situated. That type of reservoir and pump is designed to be standing vertically not almost horizontally. The air seems to be generating in the pump and just being incorporated into your loop causing less than adequate cooling.

Another thing could be the tube you have on the memory. The angle could be causing a kink at the radiator also causing a problem.

I've read the manual on the pump and the TOP for the pump, it says that orientation is not a problem and should work. I have also checked the reservoir manual and made sure those 2 ports I'm using are compatible with each other.

Both the ports of the res are constantly under water. I know this pump is made for standing up, but was not possible to fit that in my case so I had to do it this way.

I can also confirm there are no kinks anywhere in the loop

Edit: When I have the case standing on its front, the reservoir is actually vertical, as intended. 

I've read the manual on the pump and the TOP for the pump, it says that orientation is not a problem and should work. I have also checked the reservoir manual and made sure those 2 ports I'm using are compatible with each other.

Both the ports of the res are constantly under water. I know this pump is made for standing up, but was not possible to fit that in my case so I had to do it this way.

I can also confirm there are no kinks anywhere in the loop

I understand what the manual saya as i have installed a D5 pump already but i am telling you the how you have it installed could be giving you the air.

Just as a test could you shut down your PC and move the tube that is on the memory and let it naturally hang and see if temperatures change for the better please?

I understand what the manual saya as i have installed a D5 pump already but i am telling you the how you have it installed could be giving you the air.

Just as a test could you shut down your PC and move the tube that is on the memory and let it naturally hang and see if temperatures change for the better please?

Ye okay I get that with the pump.

The tube is hanging naturally, if you check the top picture, its rotated so that right on the picture is actually down

Ye okay I get that with the pump.

The tube is hanging naturally, if you check the top picture, its rotated so that right on the picture is actually down

Well dude if you say it is hanging naturally...ok then but twice in two different builds i have had terrible temperatures from passing tubes on memory sticks or using zip ties to hold them to the case. Why this is so i can not say. Remember this could just be the nature of your build and components and I hope you get this sorted out.

Well dude if you say it is hanging naturally...ok then but twice in two different builds i have had terrible temperatures from passing tubes on memory sticks or using zip ties to hold them to the case. Why this is so i can not say. Remember this could just be the nature of your build and components and I hope you get this sorted out.

So do I, thanks for your help

I have also read in allot of places that 1-2 drops of dish soap can help clear our bubbles, anything you recommend? 

So do I, thanks for your help

I have also read in allot of places that 1-2 drops of dish soap can help clear our bubbles, anything you recommend? 

Yes that is true but make sure it is a small drop and i do not recommend leaving that coolant with the dish soap in for any lengthy period. I normally use the dish soap in the leak test then i clean and flush the loop and put in new coolant. 

Ok so it seems all the air is out of my system, from what I can see at least. All the tubes are empty and the reservoir is empty of air as well.

My temps are looking about the same as before I remounted the gpu and cpu waterblock.
Do I just not have enough rad space to cool my components? 

have you tried switching the fans so that the front is an intake and the top and back are all exhaust

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

have you tried switching the fans so that the front is an intake and the top and back are all exhaust

Once I stand the case in its correct position the radiator is in the top of the case blowing cold air in from the room.

there is no way for me to mount the 360mm rad anywhere else in the case

Once I stand the case in its correct position the radiator is in the top of the case blowing cold air in from the room.

there is no way for me to mount the 360mm rad anywhere else in the case

I meant mount the fans under the rad and blow air through My h100 keeps my 4770k at under 50 degrees under load

I have one front intake, one rear exhaust and 2 fans blowing through the rad and out the case

You are blowing cold are into the case yes, but once it passes through the rad you are blowing hot air over the top of your CPU block, I would have the rear either as an exhaust, or put a fan to intake cold air from the back and front and push our out the top of the case

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

I meant mount the fans under the rad and blow air through My h100 keeps my 4770k at under 50 degrees under load

I have one front intake, one rear exhaust and 2 fans blowing through the rad and out the case

You are blowing cold are into the case yes, but once it passes through the rad you are blowing hot air over the top of your CPU block, I would have the rear either as an exhaust, or put a fan to intake cold air from the back and front and push our out the top of the case

Cant mount the fans under the radiator, they will not fit due to the motherboard being to close to it

Can you check water temperature?

Dont have a thermometer here right now, but I could probably get one and check...

What C should it be?

everything below 40°c would be fine. But I asked because you can find out depending on Water temps what might be wrong

if the water is not warm at all it could be a problem with the heat transfer from the cpu or gpu to the water

if the water is very high temperature there might be a problem with the radiators

Touch your radiator to feel how hot it is. If it's uber hot, you need more radiators. If it's not, you have a problem elsewhere.

If the radiators not hot touch the tubing of the water. If the water is hot the problem is between the radiator and the water otherwise the problem is to do with the mounting. 

If you can be bothered to do this.. test your pump, it could be defective/not getting enough volts.

after looking at the pics the gpu looks like there isnt enough thermal paste. i have that gpu and that block and the best pattern is the star pattern that is shown on the installation guide. my temps are no where near your temps. even during the australian summer i never get over 55c

Spoiler

CPU: i5-6600k MOBO: ASUS Z170 Pro Gaming RAM: G.Skill 16GB 2800Mhz 15-15-15-35, GPU: Sapphire R9 290 SSD: Samsung 840 250GB HDD: Seagate Barracuda 2TB x2, Cooling: EK supremecy EVO ,EK-FC R9 290X with backplate, XSPC EX240 Crossflow & Alphacool UT60 240mm, XSPC D5 Bayres w/ Alphacool VPP655, 7/16-5/8 Compressions/Tubing, Noctua NF-F12 x4 PSU: Silverstone Strider Plus 850W Case: Nanoxia Deep Silence 1 http://valid.x86.fr/8g2m02

Touch your radiator to feel how hot it is. If it's uber hot, you need more radiators. If it's not, you have a problem elsewhere.

If the radiators not hot touch the tubing of the water. If the water is hot the problem is between the radiator and the water otherwise the problem is to do with the mounting. 

If you can be bothered to do this.. test your pump, it could be defective/not getting enough volts.

When I touch the radiator its hot, not so hot I cant keep my hand there but still hot. Touching the tube from radiator to res diffidently is cooler than the radiator itself. When I touch the reservoir its kinda warm actually, feels warmer than the tubes themselves.

Touching the tube before gpu block doesn't feel to hot actually.

after looking at the pics the gpu looks like there isnt enough thermal paste. i have that gpu and that block and the best pattern is the star pattern that is shown on the installation guide. my temps are no where near your temps. even during the australian summer i never get over 55c

After remounting my gpu block I saw the spread on the GPU was good from the old paste I cleaned off and I used the same method of applying paste both times so I'm not sure that is the problem.

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Actually since yesterday I have fitted another 4 fans in my case to help with the circulation as well as maxing out my pump and my load temps have actually dropped... Not to the point where I feel I'm happy but still a bit better than yesterday.

Load is now around 54-56c with a ambient temp of 27c.

Like I said, not what I was expecting but 100 times better than the 70c+ I was getting yesterday

Did you flush out the rad before using it?

If you didn't there might have been a fair amount of "gunk" in it, that have accumulated in the CPU/GPU block. If that is the case, you need to clean them and re install. 

Did you flush out the rad before using it?

If you didn't there might have been a fair amount of "gunk" in it, that have accumulated in the CPU/GPU block. If that is the case, you need to clean them and re install. 

I flush out the rad. Filled it about two thirds and shook it. Repeated this like 5 times with destilled water.

Did not see any real "gunk" come out any of the times I emptied it.

• 2 weeks later...

My 4770k and 290x get to about 70ish each under load. I'm running a D5 with 5x 120 hardware labs SR1s. Using Noise Blocker fans but I do run them at like 40% speed for noise. 

What speed are your fans spinning at? What fans do you have? How have you mounted the fans? Do you feel hot air come out from behind the radiators?

My cpu is at like 80c full load, 4.2 no voltage increase... Sorry if forgot to add what pump Im using, running with the alphacool D5 on speed setting 2. Fans are spinning for sure

That is way too high, you have definatly done something wrong, try re mounting everything and check the pump RPM.

However if I were you I would have got more rad space aswell, as you have an OCed 4770k and a 290 they kick out alot of heat. Also you would be able to run the fans at a lower rpm.

CPU: i7 3770k@ 4.6Ghz@ 1.23v - GPU: Palit GTX 660ti - MOBO: Asrock Extreme 4 - RAM: Corsair vengeance 8GB 1600Mhz - PSU: OCZ 650watt - STORAGE: 128Gb corsair force GT SSD/ 1TB seagate barracuda 7200rpm

COOLING: NH-U14s/ 3x Noiseblocker blacksilent pros/ Silverstone Air Penetrator/ 2 corsair AF120s