Asrock z87 extreme9/ World's First Thunderbolt-certified Motherboard

Asrock is killin it lately. You can't find a better overclocking board than the z77 extreme3 or extreme4 for as cheap as they are.

Nice, but honestly... Meh, it's thunderbolt. IF devices/cables/everything were cheaper, it would be nice. As of now, with a cable costing on average around $50 USD, a 500GB Thunderbolt portable hard drive at $158.99 USD, A Monitor (Apple controls monitors)  at $949.99 USD ... yeah, not huge of an issue for MOST people. And not something to jump up and down on, imho.

• 3 weeks later...

I'm gonna get either the extreme6 or the extreme9 for my Haswell upgrade. The only differences between them is thunderbolt and one of the PCIe ports being a PCI instead, but the extreme 9 is probably going to cost like £100 more. I'd probably pay that if someone would make a mini-ITX board with thunderbolt though, cos that would mean I could get 10Gb/s transfer between my main desktop and my server for way less than 10Gb/s ethernet would cost. Gigabit is more than enough for streaming stuff around the house, but I send a lot of big files from my desktop to the server and vice versa.

Anyone heard anything on Mini-ITX with thunderbolt?