Should I get a gaming mouse

Halbo

Should I get a gaming mouse?

If so which one, I looked a steel series rival and the razer deathadder. They look pretty good, what do you think?

Thanks

Rival over deathadder imo. Or g400s or g502 or any orther optical sensor gaming mouse.

Location: Kaunas, Lithuania, Europe, Earth, Solar System, Local Interstellar Cloud, Local Bubble, Gould Belt, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Milky Way subgroup, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Laniakea, Pisces–Cetus Supercluster Complex, Observable universe, Universe.

Spoiler

12700, B660M Mortar DDR4, 32GB 3200C16 Viper Steel, 2TB SN570, EVGA Supernova G6 850W, be quiet! 500FX, EVGA 3070Ti FTW3 Ultra.

Do you need a gaming mouse? Do you need more than 3 buttons and scroll wheel?

They are solid choices. I always go with logitech mice though, the g400s and g502 and both fantastic.

Logitech G502 or Corsair M65 have my vote.

Bert & Ernie before squirting spermie. 

g400s

I don't always have time to study, but when I do, I don't.

Do you need a gaming mouse? Do you need more than 3 buttons and scroll wheel?

Ergonomics is what defines a gaming mouse more than extra buttons.

i really like my g500, and my gaming has improved a lot since i got it

Intel 3570k 3,4@4,5 1,12v Scythe Mugen 3 gigabyte 770     MSi z77a GD55    corsair vengeance 8 gb  corsair CX600M Bitfenix Outlaw 4 casefans

I love my Logicool G502. Would recommend it to anyone.

I should be studying.

I have an M65, the two extra buttons help a lot and so does the DPI, my vote buy one. At the very least buy one and send it back.

It would be wrong to assume that OP does not have an ergonomic mouse :)

yes you should

Grammar nazis are people too!
Treat your local grammar nazi nicely and he might teach you a thing or two. (Note that I'm Belgian and not a native English speaker.)
Chivalry isn't dead!

The War Mouse says otherwise

(ttyping from my phone so I can't link a picture)

Depends on the game. Someone above saying warmouse, they are hideous but practical. 

The Naos 7000 looks pretty promising

CASE: FRACTAL DESIGN DEFINE R4  |  MOBO: MSI MPOWER Z77  |  CPU: Intel i5 3570k @ 4.4 GHz  |  CPU COOLER: NOCTUA NH-D15  |  GPU: EVGA GTX 770 SC |

PSU: CORSAIR AX860 W/ RED BRAIDED CABLES | SSD: SAMSUNG 840 EVO 250 GB | HDD: WD BLACK 1 TB | FANS: 3x NOCTUA NF-A14 | MONITOR: HP W2371D

KEYBOARD: CM STORM QFR MX BLUES W/  PBT KEYCAPS  |  MOUSE: LOGITECH G502 | MIC: AUDIO TECHNICA AT2020 | HEADPHONES: SENNHEISER HD 558

Just get a mouse that is comfortable. Sensors and CPI are pretty much the same for the most part since almost all mice use Avago sensors and not many people actually need a 8200 CPI sensor tbh. Although a forward and back button on a mouse is great, but you don't need a 'gaming' mouse to get it. 

The important questions you should ask yourself are. How do you like to hold your mouse? Do you have large or small hands? Do you prefer large or small mice? Do you want a heavy or light mouse? How buttons do you realistically need and are going to use, (if you don't know I just recommend going for a 5 button mouse; left click, right click, scroll wheel, forward and back buttons)? What is my budget?

Also having a decent mousepad does enhance the experience of a mouse. Also if you're using a 1080p screen I would personally recommend going for a mouse with 1600 CPI or higher, but this also depends on your grip style and how you prefer to move your mouse. Personally I use 8200 CPI, but 99% of people think that is uncontrollable. 

EDIT: Answer those questions and we can give you some decent recommendations. 

For MMO's you can get away with a mouse like the Razer Naga (12 side buttons) which features a laser sensor, or equivalent...

For FPS games I do recommend an Optical mouse - purely because they pick up movements more consistently than Laser sensor enabled mice which are prone to skip and lock up frequently if not coupled with a decent mouse pad. That being said, most Laser mice do allow for calibration which can help, but not always.

Zeal made some good points so overall you just need to pick a mouse which you're comfortable with - it's all about the ergonomics these days because let's face it, we play games for hours on end! If you're able to roll into a PC store and try some out before you buy, then even better!

Up until 3 months ago I was still using the MS IntelliMouse Explorer 3.0 which served as a great and ergonomic mouse!

Good luck ;-)