Sudden ebay accound

JeroenB

Hello,

i dont know where to post this so il post it just here.

Yesterday i bound my bank accound to my newly created paypal accound. I havent bought anything with it yet. I live in the netherlands btw.. 

So anyway. Today i look on my mail and see that i created a ebay accound on 23:20. The name in the ebaymail was ' Hello: 123123123 123123123'

So yea what should i do now? Is it normal paypal creates a ebay accound? It doesnt sound that normal :S. I already asked to close that ebay accound. I clicked on forgot pasword on the link and came up with a new password in case.. 

Can anyone help me?

Hello,

Yesterday i bound my bank accound to my newly created paypal accound. I havent bought anything with it yet. I live in the netherlands btw.. 

So anyway. Today i look on my mail and see that i created a ebay accound on 23:20. The name in the ebaymail was ' Hello: 123123123 123123123'

So yea what should i do now? Is it normal paypal creates a ebay accound? It doesnt sound that normal :S. I already asked to close that ebay accound. I clicked on forgot pasword on the link and came up with a new password in case.. 

Can anyone help me?

No that's not normal.

Did you activate the Ebay account?

I don't think that is supposed to happen, maybe someone has access to your information.

(It's account with a t not a d btw).

Current rig: CPU: AMD FX-8120  Cooling: Corsair H100i  Mobo: ASRock 970 Extreme 3  RAM: 8GB 1333Mhz  GPU: MSI GTX 660Ti Power Edition  Case: Fractal Design Define R4  Storage: 2TB Seagate HDD + 128GB Crucial SSD  PSU: be quiet! 730W bronze

I would contact ebay

Intel 3570k 3,4@4,5 1,12v Scythe Mugen 3 gigabyte 770     MSi z77a GD55    corsair vengeance 8 gb  corsair CX600M Bitfenix Outlaw 4 casefans

I don't think that is supposed to happen, maybe someone has access to your information.

(It's account with a t not a d btw).

Srry about with spellingmistakes, im just typing this stressfull since i dont want to lose money or anything. What ive seen is that on the dutch version of ebay, many accound information has to be filled in whereas with the usa version you just need a name, email and a password. And this person used the name 123123123 and backname 123123123. My ebay accound is further completely empty, no paypal accound registerd, or telephone numbre. The shipping adress is in the usa btw.. 

Both ebay mails where englisch as well, whereas the accound closure mail was dutch. 

Btw, I dont think they can steal money from me unless i give them my paypal pasword or anything. I dont know if they are hoping for that or anything... 

Btw, I dont think they can steal money from me unless i give them my paypal pasword or anything. I dont know if they are hoping for that or anything... 

okay,change your paypal password immdeatly,and if you have an ebay account,that password aswell!

contact ebay NOW and tell them about your issue

okay,change your paypal password immdeatly,and if you have an ebay account,that password aswell!

contact ebay NOW and tell them about your issue

I have no ebay accound so thats why this email found my eye. I have sended them  a email. But idk its very weird. Its just a empty accound with my email. thats all basicly

It could be spam, so I would get it checked out and change you Paypal info as well as contacting paypal and getting it unconnected

Beneath this mask there is more than flesh. Beneath this mask there is an idea, Mr. Creedy, and ideas are bulletproof.

As I get older I get angrier more cynical, meaner. I feel some warning posts coming. I feel a ban coming. I was warned.

CPU-i5 2400 GPU-Sapphire Radeon HD 7970 OC Mobo-H67MA-D2H-B3 Ram-G.Skill Ripjaws 8gb 1333mhz Case-Fractal Define R4 PSU-Corsair CX750 Storage-Samsung EVO 250gb, 1tb WD Black,Hitachi 1tb Other stuff-Corsair K90, M90 Cooling-3x 140mm Fractal fans Sound-Sennheiser HD438 headphones

they can place bids in ur name

contact ebay and change your paswords on paypal and crap 

If you tell a big enough lie and tell it frequently enough it will be believed.

-Adolf Hitler 

they can place bids in ur name

Hmm didnt think about that. I requested a accound shutdown immeditately i logged in to the ebay accound, so they cant place bids anymore with it. 

It could be spam, so I would get it checked out and change you Paypal info as well as contacting paypal and getting it unconnected

I checked it for spam, however i could login to ebay en when i checked my inbox there i showed all the emails from ebay, so yea.. i dont think its spam then :S

contact ebay and change your paswords on paypal and crap 

I have emailed them.. not that they responded on it or gave me a confirmation that they recieved the email...

I have emailed them.. not that they responded on it or gave me a confirmation that they recieved the email...

can you log in to that ebay account? if you can go in and delete it

can you log in to that ebay account? if you can go in and delete it

Done that, takes a while though

Hello,

Can anyone help me?

That is not suppose to happen. I would advise that you go to your bank and put a hold on any payments on your credit card/bank accound(see what i did there i spelt account like you  :P)  also, contact paypal's support via phone, right away to rectify this error. Prepare for a long phone call to paypal.

A water-cooled mid-tier gaming PC.

Done that, takes a while though

good,and sa that guy said call paypal and your bank to hold on to payments

Ebay have had bad luck with being compromised recently, I would report this to Ebay and to Paypal.

Ebay have had bad luck with being compromised recently, I would report this to Ebay and to Paypal.

Compromsed? since i have never ever used ebay before. This guy just made a ebay accound on my email. He didnt even needed to activate it since the welcome mail didnt mention anything about it. 

Compromsed? since i have never ever used ebay before. This guy just made a ebay accound on my email. He didnt even needed to activate it since the welcome mail didnt mention anything about it. 

Sounds like a spam mail. Report it just incase. 

Sounds like a spam mail. Report it just incase. 

Well, idk if it is possible to log in with that accound on ebay. the real one. and see all the mails, the password change i made to get into the acc etc... in the in-ebay mailbox?

I dont think thats possible if it was spam..

just dont click on any links in the email they could be a phishing email. were they fake, that it is paypal or ebay so you click a fake link and enter your details. 

just dont click on any links in the email they could be a phishing email. were they fake, that it is paypal or ebay so you click a fake link and enter your details. 

I have already clicked on the link wich only directed me to ebay. I have clicked the forgot password option and made a random new password incase it was fake. I gone to the dutch version ebay.nl as well and tried logging in there. Wich worked... However i have not logged in on my paypal execept via google.

hey that happened to me too. a 123xxxxxxx username was created, i requested an account deletion.

Intel i7 4702MQ| Nvidia GTX 850M| Kingston 16GB DDR3 1600Mhz| Acer VA70_HW (mobo)| 1TB WD Blue| MATSHITA DVD-RAM UJ8E0|1600x900 display|Win 8.1

Intel i5 4690K @Stock| Sapphire 390 Nitro| Hyper X Fury 2x4GB| MSI SLI Krait z97| Noctua Nh-U12S | 850 EVO 256GB| 2TB WD Black | CM V 850w| Enthoo Luxe

If you want to tag me or any person with periods do: @[Member='Name]