R9 280x Sag

Go to solution Solved by Guest,

The only real thing you can do against a sagging GPU is getting a backplate, supporting it from below or trying to squeeze it up from the expansion slots. I think the easiest way would be to build a makeshift support thingy that will simply hold it up from below. As long as you don't move the PC a whole lot it should be fine.

I just bought my graphics card for my computer build, and the sag on this card is pretty heavy. I have some wooden dowels to use as a support on the plastic fan frame. The area around the fans are pretty solid, and I think they will support the card well. It would have a layer of foam between the card and the wood. The model is a MSI twin frozr 280x 6gb edition. The sag worries me, and would this also be an adequate response to it.

The only real thing you can do against a sagging GPU is getting a backplate, supporting it from below or trying to squeeze it up from the expansion slots. I think the easiest way would be to build a makeshift support thingy that will simply hold it up from below. As long as you don't move the PC a whole lot it should be fine.