Right ship for me?

Fellow fans,

I'm a bit confused on which ship would be best for what i plan on doing in Star Citizen. I want to be a sort of mercenary and doing anything for money. Nothing is out of the question, bounty hunting, information running etc. Right now i have a 300i so both the weapons payload and cargo capacity leave something to be desired I think, maybe I'm wrong. Any advice on a ship that would better suit my goals whether an upgrade to my current ship or a new ship altogether. Also how do you completely switch ships? Can i refund my ship for another or do I need to purchase outright again? Thanks!

Fellow fans,

I'm a bit confused on which ship would be best for what i plan on doing in Star Citizen. I want to be a sort of mercenary and doing anything for money. Nothing is out of the question, bounty hunting, information running etc. Right now i have a 300i so both the weapons payload and cargo capacity leave something to be desired I think, maybe I'm wrong. Any advice on a ship that would better suit my goals whether an upgrade to my current ship or a new ship altogether. Also how do you completely switch ships? Can i refund my ship for another or do I need to purchase outright again? Thanks!

a cutlass might be the thing you are wishing for, but in the end, if you want everything, nothing will be perfect :)

and yeha you can melt your ship now and pay with the money from that, plus add what needs to be added with your money

"Unofficially Official" Leading Scientific Research and Development Officer of the Official Star Citizen LTT Conglomerate | Reaper Squad, Idris Captain | 1x Aurora LN

Game developer, AI researcher, Developing the UOLTT mobile apps

G SIX [My Mac Pro G5 CaseMod Thread]

a cutlass might be the thing you are wishing for, but in the end, if you want everything, nothing will be perfect :)

and yeha you can melt your ship now and pay with the money from that, plus add what needs to be added with your money

I wholeheartedly second this. For your desires the Cutlass might be the best ship for you. It has decent cargo space and is popular under the mercenaries and pirates.

About the weapons I don't know very much, but it has a baller tractor beam under the nose.

New to Star Citizen? Look no further!

I wholeheartedly second this. For your desires the Cutlass might be the best ship for you. It has decent cargo space and is popular under the mercenaries and pirates.

About the weapons I don't know very much, but it has a baller tractor beam under the nose.

it has loads of mounts so it should be fine, weapons wise

"Unofficially Official" Leading Scientific Research and Development Officer of the Official Star Citizen LTT Conglomerate | Reaper Squad, Idris Captain | 1x Aurora LN

So the Cutlass is more geared towards fighting that say the Freelancer? They are roughly the same size and money and hold the same amount of cargo. Just not sure on the difference of these two ships.

So the Cutlass is more geared towards fighting that say the Freelancer? They are roughly the same size and money and hold the same amount of cargo. Just not sure on the difference of these two ships.

The cutlass is more geared toward outlaw activities and pirating than the freelancer. 

| 5820k+EK supremacy nickel+acetal white 4.5Ghz | X99 Deluxe | Enthoo Luxe | 2x gtx780+komod NV full cover block | Corsair AX1200i | WD blue 500gb |

Kingston V300 120gb | Samsung 840 Evo 500gb| Bitspower D5 vario+Res combo | primochill advanced LRT tubing (Solid White) |

| Alphacool Nexxos MONSTA dual 120mm Black Ice nemesis GTX360 triple 120mm | Noctua NF-F12 X4 | Bitspower true silver 1/2ID 3/4 OD compressions (various angles) |

I would avoid selling your current ship and buying a new one if you bought it while alpha access was still available, if you do you'll have to buy passes for each different modulethat you want to play in alpha.

Feel free to buy a new ship but try and keep your old one to maintain alpha access.

CPU: i7 5820K 4.0GHz @1.15V | MOBO: Asus X99 Sabertooth | GPU: Gigabyte Windforce GTX 980Ti, LTT Orange | CASE: NZXT H440 Black 2015 | COOLER: Noctua NH-D15S w/ LTT Fans | RAM: 32GB Patriot 3000MHz | STORAGE: 512GB Samsung 950 Pro, 960GB Sandisk Ultra II 3 x 8TB Seagate HDD's | PSU: 750W Seasonic X series, black / orange cablemod cables| Monitors: 3x Asus VX24AH's | AUDIO OUT: Microlab SOLO 8C, Sennheiser HD 650's, Audio engine D1 Amp / DAC | AUDIO IN: Blue Snowball | Keyboard: CM Storm QuickFire TK MX Green | Mouse: Logitech G900 Proteus Spectrum + RSI Extended Mouse Pad | PCPP Linkhttp://nz.pcpartpicker.com/list/hPjFd6

I would avoid selling your current ship and buying a new one if you bought it while alpha access was still available, if you do you'll have to buy passes for each different modulethat you want to play in alpha.

Feel free to buy a new ship but try and keep your old one to maintain alpha access.

I just have access to the dog fighting module currently which i bought separately so would i lose that?

I just have access to the dog fighting module currently which i bought separately so would i lose that?

Ahh, don't worry then.

CPU: i7 5820K 4.0GHz @1.15V | MOBO: Asus X99 Sabertooth | GPU: Gigabyte Windforce GTX 980Ti, LTT Orange | CASE: NZXT H440 Black 2015 | COOLER: Noctua NH-D15S w/ LTT Fans | RAM: 32GB Patriot 3000MHz | STORAGE: 512GB Samsung 950 Pro, 960GB Sandisk Ultra II 3 x 8TB Seagate HDD's | PSU: 750W Seasonic X series, black / orange cablemod cables| Monitors: 3x Asus VX24AH's | AUDIO OUT: Microlab SOLO 8C, Sennheiser HD 650's, Audio engine D1 Amp / DAC | AUDIO IN: Blue Snowball | Keyboard: CM Storm QuickFire TK MX Green | Mouse: Logitech G900 Proteus Spectrum + RSI Extended Mouse Pad | PCPP Linkhttp://nz.pcpartpicker.com/list/hPjFd6

it has loads of mounts so it should be fine, weapons wise

i hope the cutlass will get the automated missle loading system from the freelanser MIS

:ph34r:  :ph34r:  :ph34r:  :ph34r: They're more like guide lines than actual rules. :ph34r:  :ph34r:  :ph34r:  :ph34r:

i hope the cutlass will get the automated missle loading system from the freelanser MIS

yeah that would give the pilot much more FREEDOM to do other stuff ;)

yeah that would give the pilot much more FREEDOM to do other stuff ;)

HAHAHA def much more freedoming to be had

:ph34r:  :ph34r:  :ph34r:  :ph34r: They're more like guide lines than actual rules. :ph34r:  :ph34r:  :ph34r:  :ph34r:

The Cutlass' main claim compared tot he freelancer is it's manuverability and salvage configuration.

with 16 thrusters it will litterally be able to fly circles around other ships.

It comes base with a a tractor beam, which will allow you to salvage or search and rescue much easier than other ships.

I CAN GET RID OF MY AURORA LN? Holy crap this is fantastic news. 325A here I come...

[spoiler = "My Computer Stuff"]

My ITX:

240 Air ; Z87I-Deluxe ; 4770K ; H100i ; G1 GTX 980TI ; Vengeance Pro 2400MHz (2x8GB) ; 3x 840 EVO (250GB) ; 2x WD Red Pro (4TB) ; RM650 ; 3x Dell U2414H ; G710+ ; G700s ; O2 + ODAC + Q701 ; Yamaha HTR-3066 + 5.1 Pioneer.

Things I Need To Get Off My Shelf:

250D ; 380T ; 800D ; C70 ; i7 920 ; i5 4670K ; Maximus Hero VI ; G.Skill 2133MHz (4x4GB) ; Crucial 2133MHz (2x4GB) ; Patriot 1600MHz (4x4GB) ; HX750 ; CX650M ; 2x WD Red (3TB) ; 5x 840 EVO (250GB) ; H60H100iH100i ; H100i ; VS247H-P ; K70 Reds ; K70 Blues ; K70 RGB Browns ; HD650.

I CAN GET RID OF MY AURORA LN? Holy crap this is fantastic news. 325A here I come...

325a is great. You'll gonna love it.

325a is great. You'll gonna love it.

I dunno not gunna count the Aurora out till i can test my LN.  Its so small compared to the other ships.  All you would need to do is get some low electronic signature guns and you would be a tough target to take down.  Not to mention the upgraded engine and shields in the LN.

I dunno not gunna count the Aurora out till i can test my LN.  Its so small compared to the other ships.  All you would need to do is get some low electronic signature guns and you would be a tough target to take down.  Not to mention the upgraded engine and shields in the LN.

All true, but there's something about the 300 series that appeals to me a lot. Maybe because it's the first ship that I bought. I don't know...it's just beautiful.

All true, but there's something about the 300 series that appeals to me a lot. Maybe because it's the first ship that I bought. I don't know...it's just beautiful.

Dat posterior. Those triangles.

[spoiler = "My Computer Stuff"]

My ITX:

240 Air ; Z87I-Deluxe ; 4770K ; H100i ; G1 GTX 980TI ; Vengeance Pro 2400MHz (2x8GB) ; 3x 840 EVO (250GB) ; 2x WD Red Pro (4TB) ; RM650 ; 3x Dell U2414H ; G710+ ; G700s ; O2 + ODAC + Q701 ; Yamaha HTR-3066 + 5.1 Pioneer.

Things I Need To Get Off My Shelf:

250D ; 380T ; 800D ; C70 ; i7 920 ; i5 4670K ; Maximus Hero VI ; G.Skill 2133MHz (4x4GB) ; Crucial 2133MHz (2x4GB) ; Patriot 1600MHz (4x4GB) ; HX750 ; CX650M ; 2x WD Red (3TB) ; 5x 840 EVO (250GB) ; H60H100iH100i ; H100i ; VS247H-P ; K70 Reds ; K70 Blues ; K70 RGB Browns ; HD650.