Is this safe? New build help

I recently purchased the D5 vario pump from ek and 1/2 by 3/8 pipe. After I received it I noticed that Ek D5 pumps have 1/2" ID. So I heated the end of the pipe a bit. And was able to install the 3/8" ID pipe into a 1/2" ID port. And I secured it with 2 zip ties. Please check the picture. Is this safe? Or?

post-69629-0-78503100-1402291110_thumb.j

I recently purchased the D5 vario pump from ek and 1/2 by 3/8 pipe. After I received it I noticed that Ek D5 pumps have 1/2" ID. So I heated the end of the pipe a bit. And was able to install the 3/8" ID pipe into a 1/2" ID port. And I secured it with 2 zip ties. Please check the picture. Is this safe? Or?

You didn't link a picture yet, but since you have a zip tie, it should be fine, but you should check on it once in a while.

I like the color scheme of Noctua fans. Deal with it. Forget about the bad memories of the past.

"wunder you really are as straight as a rainbow" - Lanoi "can I fisterino your nose" - WunderWuffle

Forget about the bad memories of the past, take the good ones along with you through the present, and look forwards to the good things that will come in the future.

I would have used worm drive clamps instead of zip ties, but you should be ok.

3/8 barbs shouldn't be very expensive.

Error: 410

You didn't link a picture yet, but since you have a zip tie, it should be fine, but you should check on it once in a while.

Sorry. Just posted. Was on mobile. What do u think?

I would have used worm drive clamps instead of zip ties, but you should be ok.

3/8 barbs shouldn't be very expensive.

I have got extra fittings with me but the ek d5 pump doesnt come with g1/4" threading.

Sorry. Just posted. Was on mobile. What do u think?

I would try to move the tube closer to the pump itself but you're fine right now. Just make sure you do check it out every so often to know if you need to adjust the zip ties.

I like the color scheme of Noctua fans. Deal with it. Forget about the bad memories of the past.

"wunder you really are as straight as a rainbow" - Lanoi "can I fisterino your nose" - WunderWuffle

Forget about the bad memories of the past, take the good ones along with you through the present, and look forwards to the good things that will come in the future.

I've heard a lot of people like to do what you did with fitting 3/8 onto 1/2, and I thought that doing that would make it tighter, and more difficult to pull off. But I would probably agree with everyone else, and say that you will probably be fine. If you are really worried, you could try looking for better clamps at your local hardware store. I've found that you need to tie zip ties very tightly in order for them to stay on the barbs.