Java and C++ Or Any Other C

piggykid1

The first language I ever learned was VB (mistake), but since I've been at college I've been using ALOT of Java and C++. They have very similar applications, and are similar languages in general. 

I would prob recommend Java, just because I think it is SLIGHTLY easier to learn for a noob programmer.

The first language I ever learned was VB (mistake), but since I've been at college I've been using ALOT of Java and C++. They have very similar applications, and are similar languages in general. 

I would prob recommend Java, just because I think it is SLIGHTLY easier to learn for a noob programmer.

thanks for the help :)

what are your thoughts on python?

And welcome to the forum

thank you very much that was helpful do you know of any free game engine instead of payed ones like unity and unreal engine

If your company makes less than 100,000 a year unity if free.

CPU: i7 4770k | GPU: Sapphire 290 Tri-X OC | RAM: Corsair Vengeance LP 2x8GB | MTB: GA-Z87X-UD5HCOOLER: Noctua NH-D14 | PSU: Corsair 760i | CASE: Corsair 550D | DISPLAY:  BenQ XL2420TE

Firestrike scores - Graphics: 10781 Physics: 9448 Combined: 4289

"Nvidia, Fuck you" - Linus Torvald

Hundred times i have replied for this questions, and just read the other part of my suggestion. You can go to codeacademy but i can guarantee that without books or very good explanation tutorials you can do nothing with codeacademy. Will it tech you how to configure libraries, write headers, or just multithreading, or printing graphics (actually dont know if it does or not) basically you can understand how propably it works. But if someone just have a codeacademy i can guarantee he cannot make a good proper program optimized. which for the time you would be stuck with codeacademy you would know when used a book.

However iam in work, and writing this just from my mouth without thinking, so i apologize if some of my thoughts are not legit or something.. I just did not have a usefull feeling from codeacademy

Codeacademy is not there to teach you every single detail about programing. Its more about teaching you basic principles and syntax.

Also apologies for using two posts. I am on my phone..

CPU: i7 4770k | GPU: Sapphire 290 Tri-X OC | RAM: Corsair Vengeance LP 2x8GB | MTB: GA-Z87X-UD5HCOOLER: Noctua NH-D14 | PSU: Corsair 760i | CASE: Corsair 550D | DISPLAY:  BenQ XL2420TE

Firestrike scores - Graphics: 10781 Physics: 9448 Combined: 4289

"Nvidia, Fuck you" - Linus Torvald

If your company makes less than 100,000 a year unity if free.

hm, Isnt it just that you cannot use profiler , dynamic batching and will have an splashscreen of unity logo on free version ? (of course and many other features will be blocked)

Codeacademy is not there to teach you every single detail about programing. Its more about teaching you basic principles and syntax.

Okay, but therefore it doesnt make sense.   Its like going to one school to learn something, and then move to another school (same grade, just different school) to resume learning.

So basically, its innefficient because when you start learning at codeacademy, you are used to that specific type of teaching , and then you switch to book or someting, it will not (100 percent sure but ) most likely be stuctured so you will easyily can continue learning.

So its better to start with book.

It's totally fine and thanks for explaining

• 5 years later...