GOG Galaxy Client!

mithusan55743

Sorry if you can not pronounce my name on the stream :D (Its pronounced Me-thu-san55743)

It looks like GOG is taking on Steam with their own OPTIONAL Client!

http://www.gog.com/galaxy

The video

http://youtu.be/nyYW9AOWh-8

Source: http://www.technobuffalo.com/2014/06/08/gog-unveils-drm-free-game-client-gog-galaxy/

Hardware: Intel I7 4790K 4Ghz | Asus Maximus VII Hero Z97 | Gigabyte 780 Windforce OC | Noctua NH-U12P SE2 | Sandisk Extreme Pro 480GB | Seagate 500Gb 7200Rpm | Phanteks Enthoo Luxe | EVGA Supernova G2 850W | Noctua NF12 | SupremeFX 2014 | Patriot Viper 3 16GB.

Gaming Gear: Cooler Master TK Stealth | Sennheiser PC350SE | Steelseries Rival | LG IPS23L-BN ' 5ms | Philips Brillians 144hz 

The site still doesn't work properly. Do they not know?

The stone cannot know why the chisel cleaves it; the iron cannot know why the fire scorches it. When thy life is cleft and scorched, when death and despair leap at thee, beat not thy breast and curse thy evil fate, but thank the Builder for the trials that shape thee.

Personal Build Project "Rained-On"

helped building up the CPU Overclocking Database and GPU Overclocking Database, check them out ;)

#KilledMyWife #MakeBombs #LinusIsNotFunny || Please, dont use non-default grey font colors. Think about the night-theme users! ;)

The site still doesn't work properly. Do they not know?

Works perfectly on my side on both IE11 and Firefox.

Works perfectly on my side on both IE11 and Firefox.

I tried both now and it still doesn't work. I found browser it does work and, funnily enough, it's the Steam's in-game browser. :)

The stone cannot know why the chisel cleaves it; the iron cannot know why the fire scorches it. When thy life is cleft and scorched, when death and despair leap at thee, beat not thy breast and curse thy evil fate, but thank the Builder for the trials that shape thee.

I tried both now and it still doesn't work. I found browser it does work and, funnily enough, it's the Steam's in-game browser. :)

Well what can I say. You have something blocking content, or your ISP has trouble

Well what can I say. You have something blocking content, or your ISP has trouble

I don't think it has to do with my ISP. It works with Steam's in-game browser for one thing and it also works with Firefox on my phone.

I found that the problem has to do with Flash. My IE has no Flash and while my Firefox does, I don't use the Flash player on Youtube. And Steam's in-game browser is basically a Chromium browser that comes with Flash. Video referral does not work without Flash.

Ok so, by "Do they know?" that their site is broken. What you really meant is: "I am missing plugins to enjoy the complete web experience. It is totally my fault."

Doesn't steam do most of this already..

Heaven's Society - Like Anime? Check us Out Here!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Doesn't steam do most of this already..

Steam has DRM, and you are stuck using it if you buy games from it. And if the game has DRM already, it still adds (requires devs to add it) Steam DRM system.

Steam has DRM, and you are stuck using it if you buy games from it. And if the game has DRM already, it still adds (requires devs to add it) Steam DRM system.

What exactly does DRM stand for

Heaven's Society - Like Anime? Check us Out Here!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

What exactly does DRM stand for

DRM stands for Digital Right Management.

A method of setting restrictions on how to user uses a product from a company, with as a goal, to fight piracy, or use the product in a way the manufacture doesn't want to.

Example, many home printers put counter chips on the ink cartridge , so that it can only print a specific amount of page. So if the printer ink cartridges says it will print 300 pages, even if you printed white pages and not a single drop of ink touched the paper, 300 times, the printer will say you are out of ink, and reduce to work until you buy new ink cartridges where the counter chip is cleared out. The idea of this system is block refill, so that the manufacture can sell you the ink cartridge at a high price, maximizing profits.

Windows activation system, is a form of DRM. It is considered one of the better DRM, but other companies can't do something similar, as it requires a costly infrastructure, and despite this, some people do get burned where despite being genuine everything, are required to buy a new license, as they slip into a crack in the system and their license got marked pirated, like those who re-install Windows a bunch of times within a month.

DRM in games are of different or a mix forms (usually a mix).

-> They can make sure that the game only runs if you have an internet connection, where the game has some level of identification, to make sure that only 1 person has the game.

-> Limit the number of installs (usually 3-4 times), where after that amount of installs, you need to buy the game again. The number of installs don't reset after a while

-> Always on connection. The game will automatically close itself without warning the moment you lose connection, or times out, to the company server. This is problematic if a lot of people play the game at the same time.

-> Encrypts save games files with a generated key. If you re-install the game (let's say you upgrade Windows, or got an SSD or new HDD), or want to transfer the game to another system, the saved games file can't decrypted. You are stock replaying the game.

-> Block backuping the game disk

-> and more.

The problem with most DRM system, is if the company stops existing, which happens, we have seen even fairly large studios that closed out recently. And when this happens, the games you bought, can't be played anymore. That's it. So imagine, if Valve has a surprised financial problem that was hidden as they are private and have no obligation to provide their financial statements public, is a and needs to close down... image all people that bough games from there, can no longer play them. You can say that it will never happen, but sure... like we said that "LOL more than 4GB of RAM... we will never need more than that, 8MB is plenty of a high-end gaming system", look at Blackberry going down, Sony is having big problems trying to stay afloat, Sierra (studio and game publishing), and many more of these big companies that thought once invisible, and just failed and disappeared or disappearing.

Nothing is for ever.

And beside that, what happens if you are on go, with no internet, or the server is busy... you can't play your games. Already if Steam server are busy, which does happens many times, you can't run it, to lunch your game. Running the game directly tries to run Steam, to allow the game to run, but servers are busy.

All this for what? The game is pirated MINUTES after it's been released. So pirates gets the better experience, and also increase game performance as you don't have all this B.S checks that occurs when you game, and the consumer that like thing genuine pay the price. And the genuine guys who downloaded the prirated copy to get a better experience after buying the game, gets found out and gets lawsuits... yea... screw this.

rekt his famousnes

Should I make a YouTube channel about repost? I bet a lot of people would like that.

Hardware: Intel I7 4790K 4Ghz | Asus Maximus VII Hero Z97 | Gigabyte 780 Windforce OC | Noctua NH-U12P SE2 | Sandisk Extreme Pro 480GB | Seagate 500Gb 7200Rpm | Phanteks Enthoo Luxe | EVGA Supernova G2 850W | Noctua NF12 | SupremeFX 2014 | Patriot Viper 3 16GB.

Gaming Gear: Cooler Master TK Stealth | Sennheiser PC350SE | Steelseries Rival | LG IPS23L-BN ' 5ms | Philips Brillians 144hz