H4X3R

Title.

Lel.

280Xs = 380

290X = 379

Spoiler

Samung Tab S 8.4

Single 290 and save up for a second. 

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

Single 290 and save up for a second. 

I am buying them 2nd hand and there are no aftermarket 290s so that is not an option otherwise i would've done that.

Spoiler

Samung Tab S 8.4

I am buying them 2nd hand and there are no aftermarket 290s so that is not an option otherwise i would've done that.

What do you mean no after market 290's?

What do you mean no after market 290's?

I thought you'd be clever enough to figure out (sry, i get into fits where i insult people).

R9 290s with AFTER MARKET COOLING SOLUTIONS (eg tri x, dc uii, windforce)

Spoiler

Samung Tab S 8.4

I thought you'd be clever enough to figure out (sry, i get into fits where i insult people).

R9 290s with AFTER MARKET COOLING SOLUTIONS (eg tri x, dc uii, windforce)

You're obviously mistaken

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814121842&cm_re=R9_290_asus-_-14-121-842-_-Product

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814202103&cm_re=R9_290-_-14-202-103-_-Product

and many other exist. 

I think you are misunderstanding the whole question. I took a screenshot bcuz this is too funny xD

I don't live in the US and i am buying them 2nd hand if you would just read the first 3 posts you'd know. (if you want the website, its willhaben.at)

R u trolling me?

Spoiler

Samung Tab S 8.4

Up to you in that case.

The 290x would provide more consistent performance but a 280x cf would smoke the 290x in games that can take advantage of cf well. http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/radeon-r9-290x-hawaii-review,3650-10.html

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

I think i'll go with the 290X then :)

Wise choice, it's a beast.

CPU: 5930K @ 4.5GHz | GPU: Zotac GTX 980Ti AMP! Extreme edition @ 1503MHz/7400MHz | RAM: 16GB Corsair Dom Plat @ 2667MHz CAS 13 | Motherboard: Asus X99 Sabertooth | Boot Drive: 400GB Intel 750 Series NVMe SSD | PSU: Corsair HX1000i | Monitor: Dell U2713HM 1440p monitor

Uhhh I'd sooner get two aftermarket cooled 280Xs over a single second hand 290X with a reference cooler.

That cooler is bad at the best of times, let alone one that you have no idea what it's been put through.

Uhhh I'd sooner get two aftermarket cooled 280Xs over a single second hand 290X with a reference cooler.

That cooler is bad at the best of times, let alone one that you have no idea what it's been put through.

Its the tri x version :)

Spoiler

Samung Tab S 8.4

Its the tri x version :)

Too bad they dont have PCS+

FANBOY OF: PowerColor, be quiet!, Transcend, G.Skill, Phanteks

FORMERLY FANBOY OF: A-Data, Corsair, Nvidia

DEVELOPING FANBOY OF: AMD (GPUS), Intel (CPUs), ASRock

Too bad they dont have PCS+

Oh you :3

Spoiler

Samung Tab S 8.4

Oh you :3

sell it once you get it and buy a PCS+ 

FANBOY OF: PowerColor, be quiet!, Transcend, G.Skill, Phanteks

FORMERLY FANBOY OF: A-Data, Corsair, Nvidia

DEVELOPING FANBOY OF: AMD (GPUS), Intel (CPUs), ASRock

I think i'll go with the 290X then :)

later on you could get another 290X as the memory stacks on crossfire so you will have up to 8GB of vram.

CPU: Intel Core i5 2500K 4,6GHZ OC MB: MSI Mpower z77  RAM: Kingston Genesis 1600Mhz CL9 16GB

GPU: ASUS R9 290 Direct CUII  PSU: Corsair AX 860

later on you could get another 290X as the memory stacks on crossfire so you will have up to 8GB of vram.

They don't stack...

They don't stack...

I thought so, that's why i didn't reply xD

It does stack man, ITS not Tahiti!

Hawaii Architecture makes it able to stack the memory.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oR7VL9LwO3c

CPU: Intel Core i5 2500K 4,6GHZ OC MB: MSI Mpower z77  RAM: Kingston Genesis 1600Mhz CL9 16GB

memory doesn't stack it would still only use 4gb

memory doesn't stack it would still only use 4gb

Are you deaf or just plain stupdi?

THIS is the Hawaii Architecture which is entirely different from how kepler,maxwell or tahiti works.

With the new Hawaii Architecture it makes it possible ot stack the memory since it no longer uses a crossfire bridge its like putting ram modules into your motherboard.

Again: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oR7VL9LwO3c

THIS is the Hawaii Architecture which is entirely different from how kepler,maxwell or tahiti works.

With the new Hawaii Architecture it makes it possible ot stack the memory since it no longer uses a crossfire bridge its like putting ram modules into your motherboard.

Cool.
Spoiler

Samung Tab S 8.4

Cool.

Yeah its pretty cool alright, we only gonna have to wait for Nvidia to be done with maxwell and after that we get memory stacking on Nvidia.

Even if VRAM stacks (but it doesn't), that means the usage stacks as well, so you'll end up with the same amount of memory. Also, the CFX bridge has nothing to do with VRAM. The GPUs communicate trough the PCI-E lanes without it. That's all.

Learn yo' stuff.

LOL you rude anus bum boy.

IT DOES NOT STACK.

Le Bastardo+ 

i7 4770k + OCUK Fathom HW labs Black Ice 240 rad + Mayhem's Gigachew orange + 16GB Avexir Core Orange 2133 + Gigachew GA-Z87X-OC + 2x Gigachew WF 780Ti SLi + SoundBlaster Z + 1TB Crucial M550 + 2TB Seagate Barracude 7200rpm + LG BDR/DVDR + Superflower Leadex 1KW Platinum + NZXT Switch 810 Gun Metal + Dell U2713H + Logitech G602 + Ducky DK-9008 Shine 3 MX Brown

Red Alert

FX 8320 AMD = Noctua NHU12P = 8GB Avexir Blitz 2000 = ASUS M5A99X EVO R2.0 = Sapphire Radeon R9 290 TRI-X = 1TB Hitachi Deskstar & 500GB Hitachi Deskstar = Samsung DVDR/CDR = SuperFlower Golden Green HX 550W 80 Plus Gold = Xigmatek Utguard = AOC 22" LED 1920x1080 = Logitech G110 = SteelSeries Sensei RAW