Having trouble saving! Tips please

Sir. Smudge

It's easy to say "just stop spending money", but we all know it's not that easy. I'm planning on a completely new build that will cost me around $1700. I make around $100 a week as an apprentice butcher and plan on making $300-400 selling some old gear. How do you guys save money? Give me some ideas please!!!

Put away a certain amount of money every month into a savings card, don't touch that card until it has $1700 in it

CPUIntel 4670k  Motherboard - Gigabyte GA-Z87X-D3H  RAMKingston HyperX 8GB  GPU - EVGA 780  Case - Fractal Design Define R4    Storage - 2TB WD Black, Samsung 840 Evo 128GB     PSU - Corsair RM650  Display -  Benq XL2430T and Acer S235HL  Cooling - CM Hyper 212 Evo  Keyboard - Corsair K95  Mouse - Razer Deathadder  Sound - Sennheiser HD 558                                 Mic - Blue Snowball  Phone- OnePlus One  Tablet - Nvidia Shield

By not spending money

hellooooooooo

put a amount aside each money make sure that you don't touch it till you reach your goal 

Specs

CPU: i5 4670k i won the silicon lottery Cooler: Corsair H100i w/ 2x Corsair SP120 quiet editions Mobo: ASUS Z97 SABERTOOTH MARK 1 Ram: Corsair Platnums 16gb (4x4gb) Storage: Samsun 840 evo 256gb and random hard drives GPU: EVGA acx 2.0 gtx 980 PSU: Corsair RM 850w Case: Fractal Arc Midi R2 windowed 

How do you guys save money? Give me some ideas please!!!

I just do...

CPU: i7-4770k (LM modded) - MB: GA-Z87X-UD3H - RAM: HyperX, 16GB 1866MHz - GPU: Palit GTX 980Ti Super - Storage: 1TB HDD + 500GB/120GB SSD (850 Evo/840) - Monitor: Predator XB271HU - PSU: 700W BeQuiet 80+ Gold

I don't know if you have the same issue, but I removed my card from PayPal. It makes spending money far to easy.

Do you have plans for the build already? maybe we could help you cut cost somehwere.

who cares...

I dont... i always spend it.

n0ah1897, on 05 Mar 2014 - 2:08 PM, said:  "Computers are like girls. It's whats in the inside that matters.  I don't know about you, but I like my girls like I like my cases. Just as beautiful on the inside as the outside."

if you live with your parents give them control over your money and tell them to hold it for you until a certain amount of time or when you reach your goal and tell them not to give it back to you no matter what you say. until you reach your goal

It's easy to say "just stop spending money", but we all know it's not that easy. I'm planning on a completely new build that will cost me around $1700. I make around $100 a week as an apprentice butcher and plan on making $300-400 selling some old gear. How do you guys save money? Give me some ideas please!!!

this is what I do don't put money onto debit card Or credit because I've done a shit ton of online buying because of specials but if u don't have money on the card can't buy anything also give ur money to a family member who isn't broke(so they won't steal it) and tell them to hold it for u for a number of months my niece had me hold her money for her everytime she got money she immediately gave it to me now she has 900 dollars and she's only 13 and she wanted a ipad and MacBook Air so I threw in the extra cash for her

System Specs~~~~~

Case-Corsair Air 540                                   CPU-i7 4770k                           Ram-Corsair Vengeance 16 Gbs    PSU-Corsair RM1000

Motherboard-Asus Maximus VI Formula    Graphics-Asus Gtx 780 Ti x2     CPU Cooler-Corsair H100i               SSDs-Corsair Force GS 128/360 Gb       

Give all your money to me and then I'll spend it. Problem solved. :P

JK, maybe open up a savings account?