How Well Do You Eat?

Hey guys! Just thought I'd post a survey, so we can see the state of the average geek's eating habits :P

Personally, I eat a lot of organic food, and about 2-3 meals a day. Feel free to ask questions; I can go on for hours about how the American food system is f*cked ;)

I eat anything if its edible, and i eat anytime i want and only if i am hungry.

When 2 things meet each other, Quantum stuff happens.

When I was living with a friend, bought all of my own food (and some of his), and was completely healthy and budget-minded. Now I'm living with my grandparents, which my grandma gets offended if I buy food and goes on a whole, dragged-out schpeel, but pretty much only buys from Costco. Been here for a bit under two months, I feel disgusting and want to go back to buying my own food ._.

I really wish that we'd just make organic hardware already, that grows and adapts to the demands it needs to meet. That way, grannies' computers can be floppy sacks of organicness and the 12 year old Minecrafters will look like the guys that only do bicep curls, and the nerdy programmers will finally have justice, with their body-builder rigs that skipped leg day.

CPU: i7-4770k 4.8GHz | Motherboard: Asus Maximus Hero | RAM: 16gigs 2133MHz | GPU: SLI Gigabyte OC 2gb 770's | Case: INWIN GRone | Storage: 1tb Blue, 60gb SSD | PSU: Silencer MK II 950w | Cooling: Modded H100i

I eat well, my mornings are normally weetabix+banana or porridge, lunch will be chicken/fish and salad/wrap with avocado and stuff, and main meal will be a massive plate of various vegetables and either oven cooked fish like salmon or chicken breast.

Snacks throughout the day are nuts and fruits mainly but I'm not going to lie and say I don't eat the occasional cookie ;)

I drink litres of water a day, don't drink alcohol or smoke.

I used to eat complete shit, smoke, drink and generally be a regular self destructive bachelor but I cut all that shit out 3 years ago and started exercising a lot and it's done good.

I eat anything if its edible, and i eat anytime i want and only if i am hungry.

I'm kind like that too, except for the eat anything part :P Lately, I've just stopped eating meals, and started eating small stuff whenever I'm hungry. I've actually lost a little weight, without consciously changing my diet at all :D

I eat well, my mornings are normally weetabix+banana or porridge, lunch will be chicken/fish and salad/wrap with avocado and stuff, and main meal will be a massive plate of various vegetables and either fish like salmon or chicken breast.

Snacks throughout the day are nuts and fruits mainly but I'm not going to lie and say I don't eat the occasional cookie ;)

I drink litres of water a day, don't drink alcohol or smoke.

I used to eat complete shit, smoke, drink and generally be a regular self destructive bachelor but I cut all that shit out 3 years ago and started exercising a lot and it's done good.

Yes! I feel disgusting when I eat a bunch of crappy food. Every morning, I make a green smoothie, which I alternate between kale, chard, and other leafy vegetables with. It's really filling, and has so much more nutrition than even a huge bowl of salad; it's condensed!

ples add 4 meals a day because that's basically me lol

Done. Vote in confidence ;)

I am celiac and finally normal weight and above average strength( 6'3", 195lbs, I bench 350 lbs)! I eat three meals or more a day and pretty much all organic veggies and lean meat (lots of elk and turkey!)

I eat well, my mornings are normally weetabix+banana or porridge, lunch will be chicken/fish and salad/wrap with avocado and stuff, and main meal will be a massive plate of various vegetables and either oven cooked fish like salmon or chicken breast.

Give me your diet please  :unsure:

I really wish that we'd just make organic hardware already, that grows and adapts to the demands it needs to meet. That way, grannies' computers can be floppy sacks of organicness and the 12 year old Minecrafters will look like the guys that only do bicep curls, and the nerdy programmers will finally have justice, with their body-builder rigs that skipped leg day.

CPU: i7-4770k 4.8GHz | Motherboard: Asus Maximus Hero | RAM: 16gigs 2133MHz | GPU: SLI Gigabyte OC 2gb 770's | Case: INWIN GRone | Storage: 1tb Blue, 60gb SSD | PSU: Silencer MK II 950w | Cooling: Modded H100i

I'm 13, my body doesn't demand much. For now, at least. My breakfast consists of Cereal/Hot Pockets without a drink, and my lunch consists of a bag of chips and a banana with a pint of water. On weekends I don't even eat breakfast. Most likely why I have no energy on the weekends. Probably at least 1 meal a day. You can probably tell my stomach got smaller over the years and all of this also adds up to not weighing much and being bony/scrawny. But somehow not anorexic. I weigh 110 LBS.

Yes! I feel disgusting when I eat a bunch of crappy food. Every morning, I make a green smoothie, which I alternate between kale, chard, and other leafy vegetables with. It's really filling, and has so much more nutrition than even a huge bowl of salad; it's condensed!

Smoothie stuff is the one thing I haven't really done, can you drop an ingredients list on me? :)

I like shit food, I swear sometimes when I get the urge to eat a huge sweaty cheeseburger I nearly get a fucking erection over how delicious it's going to be and I'll go eat the filth, then afterward I feel thirsty all day from the damn salt and there is this overly 'dirty' feeling in your gut until it is voided out unto the waters of cleansing. :D

Luckily I like good food more.

I am celiac and finally normal weight and above average strength! I eat three meals or more a day and pretty much all organic veggies and lean meat (lots of elk and turkey!)

My mom is also celiac, which seems like it would really suck. But to be honest, I don't really eat that much gluten to begin with. Mostly fruits/veggies. Most people just think gluten is in bread, but in actuality, it's in so much food, especially stuff that's processed. I'm getting tested soon, as the symptoms usually come after a while's worth of damage by eating gluten. I'm afraid that I have a good chance of being positive :o

My mom is also celiac, which seems like it would really suck. But to be honest, I don't really eat that much gluten to begin with. Mostly fruits/veggies. Most people just think gluten is in bread, but in actuality, it's in so much food, especially stuff that's processed. I'm getting tested soon, as the symptoms usually come after a while's worth of damage by eating gluten. I'm afraid that I have a good chance of being positive :o

If she is your biological mother then you have it as it is hereditary. I am very knowledgeable on the subject if you ever need help message me ( I assume not since your mom has it) warning be careful about toothpaste! 

Smoothie stuff is the one thing I haven't really done, can you drop an ingredients list on me? :)

I used to have one every morning. My rule of thumb was "plenty of fruit with some greens".

Banana's are almost ALWAYS a good addition in my book. 

I usually go with 1 cup yogurt (greek is great), then the rest of the 2/3 fruit. Wing it, try what you think would be good, it probably will be.

linusfoodtips

"When in doubt, don't take your wallet out." - Dad

† TTCF Member †

I eat fairly healthy. 

Sometimes I just eat when I'm hungry, or feel like eating. 

"When in doubt, don't take your wallet out." - Dad

† TTCF Member †

I like shit food, I swear sometimes when I get the urge to eat a huge sweaty cheeseburger I nearly get a fucking erection over how delicious it's going to be and I'll go eat the filth, then afterward I feel thirsty all day from the damn salt and there is this overly 'dirty' feeling in your gut until it is voided out unto the waters of cleansing. :D

Hahahaha, that's basically my same situation. Just tonight, I ate an entire pint of Ben & Jerry's (one of Vermont's two claims to fame :P), and now I feel like I need to run a marathon!

As for the smoothie, (this is for my family's 3 members, so cut down the portions a little if it's just for you)

A big handful of a leafy green- kale, chard, spinach (NOT LETTUCE; that's not nearly as beneficial as dark green vegetables!)

2 apples

2 oranges

2 pears

Maca powder (my mom insists; it's some type of Incan superfood)

A small handful of Chia seeds

A little water

That's about it. Be warned though; this needs a powerful blender. We bought a Vitamix last year ($450!!), which is basically a jet turbine hooked up to an indestrucable container. It's insane. But something like a magic bullet or whatever those things are should work. Using a weaker blender gives you chunky smoothie :( The Vitamix absolutely rapes everything into oblivion. IT BREAKS DOWN THE CHIA SEEDS INTO NOTHINGNESS.

Anyway, experiment! Smoothies should have a different green every day, or every time you have it.

I used to have one every morning. My rule of thumb was "plenty of fruit with some greens".

Banana's are almost ALWAYS a good addition in my book. 

I usually go with 1 cup yogurt (greek is great), then the rest of the 2/3 fruit. Wing it, try what you think would be good, it probably will be.

Green smoothies are a little different. Yours is a bit more of a fruit smoothie with some veggies. Green smoothies are 3/2 ratio of greens to fruit. No yogurt, only whole food. You get use to the taste :D

I don't have time for breakfast and sometimes don't eat lunch due to work. 

As for my diet I'm probably gonna be the minority here. I don't eat meat, no fish but eggs and dairy products are ok. 

Like watching Anime? Consider joining the unofficial LTT Anime Club Heaven Society~ ^.^

If she is your biological mother then you have it as it is hereditary. I am very knowledgeable on the subject if you ever need help message me ( I assume not since your mom has it) warning be careful about toothpaste! 

Yeah, I figured :(. Luckily again, though, I don't eat a lot of gluten to begin with. But once I get the test done, I'll be sure to ask for some advice if I end up positive :) She's an absolute natural freak, and so I pretty much have gone through a college course on different types of food, the danger of genetic engineering, and so on. Glad I'm not one of those people who don't realize that something like a wrap has gluten. 'I thought it was just bread!' :P

Green smoothies are a little different. Yours is a bit more of a fruit smoothie with some veggies. Green smoothies are 3/2 ratio of greens to fruit. No yogurt, only whole food. You get use to the taste :D

Mhm. I almost never had green smoothies. When I did, I wasn't a fan, but they weren't bad by any means. I usually put a bit of ice into my fruit smoothies as well.

One green smoothie I really liked had spinach, cilantro, banana, and lime. I don't remember the proportions I used, but I was late on groceries and had a bag of spinach I hadn't used, couple bananas on the counter, and a single lime. It came out really well. It had water added of course, otherwise it was really thick (I first made it without water, ate it with a spoon lol)

If I'm going to school or doing something (moderately intensive) for the day I usually eat 3 full meals with sometimes a small 4th. 

If I'm doing nothing all day (e.g. summer) I take multivitamins and watch calorie and junk intake. I either eat a heavy lunch (around 2 -3 PM) and light dinner (around 8-10 PM) or either heavy breakfast (around 10 AM) and light dinner (6-8 PM)

I find a lot of water, tea, fruits, oatmeal, and glucomannan helps suppress appetite really well. Cocaine works too, but I'm on a bit of a budget. I try to cut down to 1200~1600 calories if I'm not doing anything. 

Error: 410

Most of my calories for living come from drinks through out the day and I don't eat at all until dinner and even then it's pretty small and I sometimes skip that too. I'm fairly certain I live off of the glow of my computer screen...

"Her tsundere ratio is 8:2. So don't think you could see her dere side so easily."

Planing to make you debut here on the forums? Read Me First!

unofficial LTT Anime Club Heaven Society

I'm confused is this implying the best diet is all green foods and fruit? Humans work best as omnivores so a healthy balance of both is best...