Anyone else notice that Watch Dogs uses up EVERY resource you have?

Donimater2

When i check MSI Afterburner after playing the game i notice how bad the game is on a technical level,

My specs:

CPU:  Intel Core i5-4670K 3.4GHz Quad-Core Processor  (£155.99 @ Aria PC) 
CPU Cooler:  Scythe Ashura 97.2 CFM CPU Cooler  (£34.99 @ Amazon UK) 
Motherboard:  MSI Z87-G43 Gaming ATX LGA1150 Motherboard  (£79.99 @ Aria PC) 
Storage:  Samsung 840 EVO 120GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  (£54.99 @ Amazon UK) 
Storage:  Seagate Barracuda 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  (£35.94 @ Aria PC) 
Video Card:  MSI Radeon R9 280X 3GB TWIN FROZR Video Card  (£204.34 @ Scan.co.uk) 
Case:  NZXT H440 (Red/Black) ATX Mid Tower Case  (£89.99 @ CCL Computers) 
Power Supply:  Corsair CX 600W 80+ Bronze Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply  (£49.93 @ CCL Computers) 
Operating System:  Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate SP1 (OEM) (64-bit)  (£133.13 @ CCL Computers) 
Total: £899.20
(Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available.)
(Generated by PCPartPicker 2014-06-07 14:27 BST+0100)

I was playing the game and i went to MSI afterburner after a 2 hour session and i saw that the game seems to use up 100% of your RAM, GPU and CPU.
This surely must be dangerous for your PC? My temps stayed low luckily but who knows what would of happened to people running the Intel stock cooler.

When i check MSI Afterburner after playing the game i notice how bad the game is on a technical level,

My specs:

CPU:  Intel Core i5-4670K 3.4GHz Quad-Core Processor  (£155.99 @ Aria PC) 
CPU Cooler:  Scythe Ashura 97.2 CFM CPU Cooler  (£34.99 @ Amazon UK) 
Motherboard:  MSI Z87-G43 Gaming ATX LGA1150 Motherboard  (£79.99 @ Aria PC) 
Storage:  Samsung 840 EVO 120GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  (£54.99 @ Amazon UK) 
Storage:  Seagate Barracuda 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  (£35.94 @ Aria PC) 
Video Card:  MSI Radeon R9 280X 3GB TWIN FROZR Video Card  (£204.34 @ Scan.co.uk) 
Case:  NZXT H440 (Red/Black) ATX Mid Tower Case  (£89.99 @ CCL Computers) 
Power Supply:  Corsair CX 600W 80+ Bronze Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply  (£49.93 @ CCL Computers) 
Operating System:  Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate SP1 (OEM) (64-bit)  (£133.13 @ CCL Computers) 
Total: £899.20
(Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available.)
(Generated by PCPartPicker 2014-06-07 14:27 BST+0100)

I was playing the game and i went to MSI afterburner after a 2 hour session and i saw that the game seems to use up 100% of your RAM, GPU and CPU.
This surely must be dangerous for your PC? My temps stayed low luckily but who knows what would of happened to people running the Intel stock cooler.

Did u pirate, im sorry I have to ask cause the pirates had a bitcoin (or other) miner hidden inside watch dogs

Did u pirate, im sorry I have to ask cause the pirates had a bitcoin (or other) miner hidden inside watch dogs

Yeah i did, do you reckon thats why? How can i check for it?

Yeah i did, do you reckon thats why? How can i check for it?

I have no idea what so ever i would suggest go to process's in task manager look what is taking up alot of resources end process and dont run watchdogs again otherwise it would start again or better yet delete watch dogs 

I have no idea what so ever i would suggest go to process's in task manager look what is taking up alot of resources end process and dont run watchdogs again otherwise it would start again or better yet delete watch dogs 

Yes, that's most probably exactly why. Uninstall it and get rid of all malware etc.

Top lol, shot yourself in the foot there dude :P

I use avast free anti virus, why did it not pick it up?

You really shouldn't pirate stuff man. not cool

I wanted to try the game before buying it,

you just got rekt dude :D

Gaming HTPC:

R5 5600X - Cryorig C7 - Asus ROG B350-i - EVGA RTX2060KO - 16gb G.Skill Ripjaws V 3333mhz - Corsair SF450 - 500gb 960 EVO - LianLi TU100B

Desktop PC:
R9 3900X - Peerless Assassin 120 SE - Asus Prime X570 Pro - Powercolor 7900XT - 32gb LPX 3200mhz - Corsair SF750 Platinum - 1TB WD SN850X - CoolerMaster NR200 White - Gigabyte M27Q-SA - Corsair K70 Rapidfire - Logitech MX518 Legendary - HyperXCloud Alpha wireless

Boss-NAS [Build Log]:
R5 2400G - Noctua NH-D14 - Asus Prime X370-Pro - 16gb G.Skill Aegis 3000mhz - Seasonic Focus Platinum 550W - Fractal Design R5 - 
250gb 970 Evo (OS) - 2x500gb 860 Evo (Raid0) - 6x4TB WD Red (RaidZ2)

Synology-NAS:
DS920+
2x4TB Ironwolf - 1x18TB Seagate Exos X20

Audio Gear:

Hifiman HE-400i - Kennerton Magister - Beyerdynamic DT880 250Ohm - AKG K7XX - Fostex TH-X00 - O2 Amp/DAC Combo - 
Klipsch RP280F - Klipsch RP160M - Klipsch RP440C - Yamaha RX-V479

Reviews and Stuff:

GTX 780 DCU2 // 8600GTS // Hifiman HE-400i // Kennerton Magister
Folding all the Proteins! // Boincerino

Useful Links:
Do you need an AMP/DAC? // Recommended Audio Gear // PSU Tier List 

Ive checked my task manager and the big process is Watch dogs, no others near even 2gb RAM

I use avast free anti virus, why did it not pick it up?

It's not classed as a virus.

If you want to play the game, restart your PC and then uninstall the pirated one and buy it.

Of course, if you pirate games, shit will happen, it's the way the cookie crumbles. People don't get something for nothing.

Compatible with Windows 95

It's not classed as a virus.

If you want to play the game, restart your PC and then uninstall the pirated one and buy it.

Of course, if you pirate games, shit will happen, it's the way the cookie crumbles. People don't get something for nothing.

What he said

That's why 'let's play (insert game title)' is a thing on YouTube. If you aren't sure about the game, watch a play through of a chapter or two or watch TotalBuiscuits review.

There's really no excuse to pirate a game. (I don't have anything against pirating any mainstream software, such as MS Office, Sony Vegas, Adobe CS6, etc that I would never be able to justify spending £100's on.)

CPU: 5930K @ 4.5GHz | GPU: Zotac GTX 980Ti AMP! Extreme edition @ 1503MHz/7400MHz | RAM: 16GB Corsair Dom Plat @ 2667MHz CAS 13 | Motherboard: Asus X99 Sabertooth | Boot Drive: 400GB Intel 750 Series NVMe SSD | PSU: Corsair HX1000i | Monitor: Dell U2713HM 1440p monitor

Double post, my bad...

CPU: 5930K @ 4.5GHz | GPU: Zotac GTX 980Ti AMP! Extreme edition @ 1503MHz/7400MHz | RAM: 16GB Corsair Dom Plat @ 2667MHz CAS 13 | Motherboard: Asus X99 Sabertooth | Boot Drive: 400GB Intel 750 Series NVMe SSD | PSU: Corsair HX1000i | Monitor: Dell U2713HM 1440p monitor

Way to admit that you pirated.LOL

You downloaded a pirated copy of the game, and then you complain that its bad at a technical level, without even realizing that it has a miner in it?

Good job mate.. Good job. 

Youtube reviews can come in handy.. Literally every game that I've ever seem on Steam has had at least one review on youtube, so there is absolutely no reason to either buy a bad game or download a pirated copy to "try it out".. 

i7 not perfectly stable at 4.4.. #firstworldproblems

Understandable, but you gotta remember the risks you take when pirating. I'm neutral about it, But 9 times out of 10, big programs and games usually come with... unwanted extras in pirated copies. I hope you learned a lesson (not as a slap on the wrist, but to be more careful). Needs before wants, my friend. Your computer NEEDS to stay safe and clean, before you WANT to try a game for free before buying. Keep that in mind. I hope your system is okay.

CPU: i5-3570k @4.6Ghz MOBO: Asus Sabertooth P67 GPU: EVGA Geforce GTX 980 Superclocked Reference @1.5Ghz Core, 8Ghz Memory

RAM: Crucial Ballistix tactical tracer 8GB  PSU: Cooler Master V700 Fully Modular CPU COOLER: Corsair H100i Water Cooler

CASE: Corsair Graphite 760T STORAGE: Two 240 GB Crucial M500 SSD RAID 0 + Seagate Barracuda 2TB 64MB cache 7200RPM 

If you were a sensible pirate this would never have happened, when you go on TPB if the ULer doesn't have a little 'Trusted' or 'VIP' skill don't download it.

Also don't trust ^^nosTEAM^^ (I bet it was one of the early ones of those you grabbed.)

Theres no bitcoin hack is their?

Yeah that's real, they've all been removed now but it was genuine that some of the early torrents for watch dogs came with a bitcoin mining app so send coins to the ULer.

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/gaming/news/a573318/watch-dogs-torrent-installing-bitcoin-miner-on-pcs.html#~oGvT4Z60OgNag0

Watch dogs is a poorly optimized mess in addition to this though, so maybe the ULer thought this would help disguise his software running lol