Boots but no picture.

kwlkid85

Assembled a new PC, build log here: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/12530-hyper-10-steam-boxhtpc/

Pic:

post-2578-0-36615400-1368548709_thumb.jp

Specs:

Be Quiet SFX 300W
MSI FM2-A75IA-E53
AMD A10-5700
Noctua NH-L9a

Kingston anniversary series 8GB 1866mhz DDR3

However when I turn it on the fans spin up, so do the hard drives and it wakes my monitor up but the screens just blank.

So far I have tried both the VGA and HDMI out, cleared the cmos and tried 1333mhz ram.

Any ideas?

Have you checked if all the required cables are plugged in? (Including CPU power, ect...)

^ I forgot to plug the EPS and if I remeber correctly I had similar issues. I Hope that its nothing worse but it really shouldn't be

Stock coolers - The sound of bare minimum

Have you checked if all the required cables are plugged in? (Including CPU power, ect...)

^ I forgot to plug the EPS and if I remeber correctly I had similar issues. I Hope that its nothing worse but it really shouldn't be

I've checked all the cables. They are all firmly plugged in.

did motherboard short circuited ? because i killed an X4 955 after a motherboard short circuit i had the same problem

Edited by Levent

mY sYsTeM iS Not pErfoRmInG aS gOOd As I sAW oN yOuTuBe. WhA t IS a GoOd FaN CuRVe??!!? wHat aRe tEh GoOd OvERclok SeTTinGS FoR My CaRd??  HoW CaN I foRcE my GpU to uSe 1o0%? BuT WiLL i HaVE Bo0tllEnEcKs? RyZEN dOeS NoT peRfORm BetTer wItH HiGhER sPEED RaM!!dId i WiN teH SiLiCON LotTerrYyOu ShoUlD dEsHrOuD uR GPUmy SYstEm iS UNDerPerforMiNg iN WarzONEcan mY Pc Run WiNdOwS 11 ?woUld BaKInG MY GRaPHics card fIX it? MultimETeR TeSTiNG!! aMd'S GpU DrIvErS aRe as goOD aS NviDia's YOU SHoUlD oVERCloCk yOUR ramS To 5000C18

Are you sure you are using the proper plug/cable for the ATX 4-pin power connector?

Never mind - the power supply only has one 4-pin.

A sieve may not hold water, but it will hold another sieve.

i5-6600, 16Gigs, ITX Corsair 250D, R9 390, 120Gig M.2 boot, 500Gig SATA SSD, no HDD

have you tried your cpu in another motherboard if you didnt test your cpu first

mY sYsTeM iS Not pErfoRmInG aS gOOd As I sAW oN yOuTuBe. WhA t IS a GoOd FaN CuRVe??!!? wHat aRe tEh GoOd OvERclok SeTTinGS FoR My CaRd??  HoW CaN I foRcE my GpU to uSe 1o0%? BuT WiLL i HaVE Bo0tllEnEcKs? RyZEN dOeS NoT peRfORm BetTer wItH HiGhER sPEED RaM!!dId i WiN teH SiLiCON LotTerrYyOu ShoUlD dEsHrOuD uR GPUmy SYstEm iS UNDerPerforMiNg iN WarzONEcan mY Pc Run WiNdOwS 11 ?woUld BaKInG MY GRaPHics card fIX it? MultimETeR TeSTiNG!! aMd'S GpU DrIvErS aRe as goOD aS NviDia's YOU SHoUlD oVERCloCk yOUR ramS To 5000C18

Going to shoot in the dark here as I have done this... Do you have multiple monitors? If it's booting but no picture it may be displaying on the other monitor as to which you may not have plugged in/ turned on. Seriously done this numerous times. The other possibly other than a bricked board would be that it may need a BIOS update. I had a similar issue when I first upgraded from a old 775 p4 to my E8400.

Try to use a different Video output ( VGA etc) Maybe it's the connector

Interested in Business and Technology

Its possible the Bios version on your mobo isnt compatible with your processor which could cause the computer booting without a screen

have you tried your cpu in another motherboard if you didnt test your cpu first

I don't have another FM2 board so unfortunately I can't.

Going to shoot in the dark here as I have done this... Do you have multiple monitors? If it's booting but no picture it may be displaying on the other monitor as to which you may not have plugged in/ turned on. Seriously done this numerous times. The other possibly other than a bricked board would be that it may need a BIOS update. I had a similar issue when I first upgraded from a old 775 p4 to my E8400.

I wasn't using multiple monitors but I have tried VGA and HDMI separately.

Its possible the Bios version on your mobo isnt compatible with your processor which could cause the computer booting without a screen

But how would I update it without being able to see anything?

But how would I update it without being able to see anything?

Actually from what I have read this motherboard will boot of a usb stick with a bios on it, so I'm now setting that up.

Try a different monitor if you havn't done that yet. 

• 3 weeks later...

I have the same problem, ive tried starting the pc changeing everyhing but the APU (A6) and MB (same as u), everything powers up, screen detected but blanc, i have a feel its the MB that causes trouble?

I hate when this problem happens. That is why I like motherboards with debug LED display or sorts, so that you know exactly where the problem is, by looking the error code in the manual. It's a shame not more motherboards have this.

Anyway, I had this problem once, put 1 stick of RAM. If that doesn't work, try the other. Refer to the manual to know which slot to put your RAM stick if you only have 1. In my case, my RAM was not faulty, I just had to put 1 stick of teh RAM, boot, and it booted successfully, then turn off, and add the second RAM stick, and now boot, and now everything worked above and beyond, and still going strong after 8 years. (My father is using it) :)

I hate when this problem happens. That is why I like motherboards with debug LED display or sorts, so that you know exactly where the problem is, by looking the error code in the manual. It's a shame not more motherboards have this.

Anyway, I had this problem once, put 1 stick of RAM. If that doesn't work, try the other. Refer to the manual to know which slot to put your RAM stick if you only have 1. In my case, my RAM was not faulty, I just had to put 1 stick of teh RAM, boot, and it booted successfully, then turn off, and add the second RAM stick, and now boot, and now everything worked above and beyond, and still going strong after 8 years. (My father is using it) :)

I've sent it back now but I did try different ram.