I know this sounds silly but how do you start Arena Commander?

LessThanSatisfactory

I know you somehow start it in game but when I get into my aurora, no HUD comes up...

Does Arena Commander only work on hornets?

Edit: I know about the helmet thing

Build: Fx-8120@4.1ghz,  Gtx770@1.0ghz,  16gb Patriot memory,  Cheap case from thermaltake

You have to get your helmet and step into an AC compatible ship (Aurora ES, 300i, Hornet) that will be standing in your hangar.

New to Star Citizen? Look no further!

I know you somehow start it in game but when I get into my aurora, no HUD comes up...

Does Arena Commander only work on hornets?

Read the patch notes....It states there that you have to pick up your helmet from the pedestal on the left side of the hangar.  

CPU: 5930K @ 4.5GHz | GPU: Zotac GTX 980Ti AMP! Extreme edition @ 1503MHz/7400MHz | RAM: 16GB Corsair Dom Plat @ 2667MHz CAS 13 | Motherboard: Asus X99 Sabertooth | Boot Drive: 400GB Intel 750 Series NVMe SSD | PSU: Corsair HX1000i | Monitor: Dell U2713HM 1440p monitor

It was really easy to miss, I don't blame ya :P

Case: Meatbag, humanoid - APU: Human Brain version 1.53 (stock clock) - Storage: 100TB SND (Squishy Neuron Drive) - PSU: a combined 500W of Mitochondrial cells - Optical Drives: 2 Oculi, with corrective lenses.

If you own the Auora LN, you need to use the other Auora ES that's in the hanger with you.

Ryzen 9 5950x | NH-D15 | ROG STRIX X570-F | G.Skill 32GB DDR4 | MSI Ventus RTX 3080 | WD Black SN850 1TB PCIe 4 | Samsung 850 EVO + 860 EVO 1TB | Corsair 5000D Airflow

Dell S3422DWG | Dell S2721DGF | Corsair K70 RGB Keyboard | Logitech G502 Lightspeed | ATH-R70x