PS2 Emulator

Nickolas47

lately i wanted to play some ps2 games my my smart tv doesnt support scart, so i wonder is there any good ps2 emulator?

CPU: Intel core i7-4770 --- CPU Cooler: Corsair H105 --- GPU: Asus Geforce GTX 970 Strix --- MB: Asus Maximus VI Hero --- RAM: Corsair Vengeance Pro 16GB

Case: Corsair Obsidian 750D --- PSU: Corsair AX860i --- SSD: Seagate 120GB --- HDD: Seagate 2TB + Toshiba 1TB --- ODD: Asus External DVD-R

Keyboard: Razer Blackwidow 2013 Ultimate --- Mouse: Logitech G602 --- Mousepad: Corsair Vengeance MM600 --- Monitor: LG 29UM65

That's illegal but just search on google for one and you'll probably find one if there is any

CPU: i7 8700k Motherboard: MSI Z370 Krait Gaming RAM: 4x 8GB Corsair Vengeance Pro (2 white, 2 black) GPU: MSI RTX 2070 Armor Case: Corsair Crystal 570x White HDD: 2x 2TB Seagate Barracuda 7200rpm Sata 3 SSD: 240GB Corsair Force 3 + 500GB Samsung 970 Evo Cooling: Corsair Hydro Series™ H150i PSU: Corsair RM750i OS: Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit

Mouse: Logitech G600 Keyboard: Corsair K95 RGB Cherry MX Brown Monitor: Samsung S24C570L 1080p 23.6" + AOC AGON 240Hz 1080p Sound: HyperX Cloud Headset Black/Red + Logitech Z213 Speakers 2.1

Go to www.emulator-zone.com to find emulators for things. Look under PS2.

It's not intrinsically illegal. You just have to own the console for it to be legal. 

† Christian Member †

For my pertinent links to guides, reviews, and anything similar, go here, and look under the spoiler labeled such. A brief history of Unix and it's relation to OS X by Builder.

i used PCSX2

is it good?

CPU: Intel core i7-4770 --- CPU Cooler: Corsair H105 --- GPU: Asus Geforce GTX 970 Strix --- MB: Asus Maximus VI Hero --- RAM: Corsair Vengeance Pro 16GB

Case: Corsair Obsidian 750D --- PSU: Corsair AX860i --- SSD: Seagate 120GB --- HDD: Seagate 2TB + Toshiba 1TB --- ODD: Asus External DVD-R

Keyboard: Razer Blackwidow 2013 Ultimate --- Mouse: Logitech G602 --- Mousepad: Corsair Vengeance MM600 --- Monitor: LG 29UM65

That's illegal but just search on google for one and you'll probably find one if there is any

No it isn't, providing you own the consoles/games you are emulating.

OP go to http://www.coolrom.com and the best emulator for each console is there, as are many many safe ROMs, I use this site personally and it's safe.

You'll also see they have nearly 300K likes on Facebook, that doesn't come for free I can assure you.

It's the best.

thank you very much 

is it good?

My experiences with it have been pretty good since i got it to work. Follow their tutorial or you will be left with your mouth open wondering how to get it to work. Also you can use your actual ps2 discs in your dvd drive amusing you have one.

If you own a ps2 then the emulator is legal(with current laws), the illegal part comes with you download games, pcsx2 is great because it can read ps2 discs from your odd drive which currently is also legal.

cpu: intel i5 4670k @ 4.5ghz Ram: G skill ares 2x4gb 2166mhz cl10 Gpu: GTX 680 liquid cooled cpu cooler: Raijintek ereboss Mobo: gigabyte z87x ud5h psu: cm gx650 bronze Case: Zalman Z9 plus

Listen if you care.

Cpu: intel i7 4770k @ 4.2ghz Ram: G skill  ripjaws 2x4gb Gpu: nvidia gtx 970 cpu cooler: akasa venom voodoo Mobo: G1.Sniper Z6 Psu: XFX proseries 650w Case: Zalman H1

Go to www.emulator-zone.com to find emulators for things. Look under PS2.

It's not intrinsically illegal. You just have to own the console for it to be legal.

This is correct. I believe the emulator in itself is not actually illegal. The illegal part is the BIOS, which you can obtain or extract from a working PS2. A BIOS from your own hardware is not illegal, I think.

Obviously ISO's as well, but I guess those can be ripped as well? Not sure about that part.

Note I am not a lawyer, especially not an international one.

It's the best.

It's the only, so yes I think it is indeed the best.

Error: 410

ok ill find my ps2 bios and i will try it

The illegal part is the BIOS, which you can obtain or extract from a working PS2. A BIOS from your own hardware is not illegal, I think.

Correct, the BIOS files are not normally found hosted with the emulator, however fortunately provided you use the correct BIOS file for the console you own, it is not possible to discern the source as it's a perfect duplicate.

This is correct. I believe the emulator in itself is not actually illegal. The illegal part is the BIOS, which you can obtain or extract from a working PS2. A BIOS from your own hardware is not illegal, I think.

Obviously ISO's as well, but I guess those can be ripped as well? Not sure about that part.

Note I am not a lawyer, especially not an international one.

It's the only, so yes I think it is indeed the best.

Basically, yeah. The BIOS is the important bit that makes them illegal. The software for the emulator isn't, but a BIOS that isn't from a machine you own is illegal.

You can. I've ripped many of my PS2 games (Kingdom Hearts 1 & 2 for example) using imgburn and played them on my PC. 

PS2emu and NetrinoPS2 are both PS2 emulators. They suck in comparison, but they exist.

† Christian Member †

For my pertinent links to guides, reviews, and anything similar, go here, and look under the spoiler labeled such. A brief history of Unix and it's relation to OS X by Builder.

Make sure to use an NTSC (USA) BIOS ;)

why i have a european console

why i have a european console

There is a long and technical reason why PAL is not good for consoles that output analog video in multiple territories, but I won't bore you with that just trust me, use an NTSC USA BIOS, and use NTSC ROMs, almost all ROMs you will find online are NTSC-U (Americas) or NTSC-J (Japan).

This is unless of course you want to put your PS2 game discs in your PC and play them, in which case grab the EU/PAL BIOS.

(If anyone is interested in why I'm saying this, I will respond if you ask.)

There is a long and technical reason why PAL is not good for consoles that output analog video in multiple territories, but I won't bore you with that just trust me, use an NTSC USA BIOS, and use NTSC ROMs, almost all ROMs you will find online are NTSC-U (Americas) or NTSC-J (Japan).

This is unless of course you want to put your PS2 game discs in your PC and play them, in which case grab the EU/PAL BIOS.

i just want to play my games, thanks bro

OK then no problems, just go for your local BIOS and enjoy gaming. :)

(If anyone is interested in why I'm saying this, I will respond if you ask.)

I found a file ages ago with japan usa and europe's BIOS and you just select which one you want, i can't remember where i found it though

CPU: Intel 3570 GPUs: Nvidia GTX 660Ti Case: Fractal design Define R4  Storage: 1TB WD Caviar Black & 240GB Hyper X 3k SSD Sound: Custom One Pros Keyboard: Ducky Shine 4 Mouse: Logitech G500

OK then no problems, just go for your local BIOS and enjoy gaming. :)

As long as you're not using a jap BIOS I don't think it matters since PCSX2 ignores region.

Any BIOS should be able to load up any game.

Though as I recall there were certain BIOS' preferred since some had difficulties with emulations (i.e. mem card emulation) and some other various bugs, but that's from something I read ages ago and I'm not sure if that's outdated yet.

I should add that you'll want to tinker around with the settings for a fair bit to optimize it better.

Leaving the settings stock makes everything look like poop, so set your resolution to native and have it render 4x+ native with FXAA running parallel with MSAA. The combination makes old games look damn beautiful (arguably with some art styles, comparable to modern) 

Once you have it loaded up, you find the options in config> Video (GS) > Plugin settings 

Note that it may cause some slight texture artifacts, but that's normal and not your hardware. It's well worth the visual improvement. 

Error: 410

I like this website. It pretty much has everything and good download speeds. There is also help if you need it. http://www.emuparadise.me/ 

http://www.emuparadise.me/roms-isos-games.php is the direct link to the roms and iso's. You might want to find some tutorials on how to get some of the games to run because you will need to get the bios for the PS2 which doesn't come with PCSX2 because it would be illegal but it's really easy to find just Google it. Other then that I would get a controller because it's more fun to play emulation games with a controller.

I just can't wait to get a PS3 and XBox 360 emulator. Maybe in 5 years time we will get a functional one. We will probably get a PS4 and XBox One emulator first though. 

(\__/)

(='.'=)

(")_(")  GTX 1070 5820K 500GB Samsung EVO SSD 1TB WD Green 16GB of RAM Corsair 540 Air Black EVGA Supernova 750W Gold  Logitech G502 Fiio E10 Wharfedale Diamond 220 Yamaha A-S501 Lian Li Fan Controller NHD-15 KBTalking Keyboard

As long as you're not using a jap BIOS I don't think it matters since PCSX2 ignores region.

Any BIOS should be able to load up any game.

Though as I recall there were certain BIOS' preferred since some had difficulties with emulations (i.e. mem card emulation) and some other various bugs, but that's from something I read ages ago and I'm not sure if that's outdated yet.

I should add that you'll want to tinker around with the settings for a fair bit to optimize it better.

Leaving the settings stock makes everything look like poop, so set your resolution to native and have it render 4x+ native with FXAA running parallel with MSAA. The combination makes old games look damn beautiful (arguably with some art styles, comparable to modern) 

Once you have it loaded up, you find the options in config> Video (GS) > Plugin settings 

Note that it may cause some slight texture artifacts, but that's normal and not your hardware. It's well worth the visual improvement. 

Yes, the game compatibility for NTSC BIOS is the highest.

4X res and a few of the other toys can also cause some epic input lag depending on the title in question, but make what is old become like new when it's all going right.

Yes, the game compatibility for NTSC BIOS is the highest.

4X res and a few of the other toys can also cause some epic input lag depending on the title in question, but make what is old become like new when it's all going right.

I've gotta say, I love mods. Sooo much. Here is an example of FF7 modded (on a 10+ year old PC):

xp2OIoT.jpg

† Christian Member †

I've gotta say, I love mods. Sooo much. Here is an example of FF7 modded (on a 10+ year old PC):

Is that the PC version or the PSX version? If it's the emulated version I didn't even know there were mods for it.

The mod I've seen for FFVII (PC) that impressed me (to the point I've downloaded it but not actually tried yet) is Tifa's Bootleg, I have FFVII on Steam and I've been meaning to give that a go, looks like a lot of work has been put into it.

Speaking of FFVII on PC it did really bug me that the battles only run at 15fps, I kind of expected that would have been taken care of, apparently not.