4GB or 8GB Of vram

I plan to play in 4K with 2 R9 290X's (found to be better in other threads)

I'm unsure whether there will be a large difference from 4GB of vram in say the Sapphire Radeon R9 290X Vapor-X OC 4GB ( http://www.overclockers.co.uk/showproduct.php?prodid=GX-351-SP&groupid=701&catid=56&subcat=1752

or having 8GB of vram in say the Sapphire Radeon R9 290X Vapor-X OC 8GB ( http://www.overclockers.co.uk/showproduct.php?prodid=GX-353-SP&tool=3 )

Will there be much of diffence when it comes to playing in 4K? 

In most current games, 4GB is enough. But if you want to drop the cash on the 8GB go ahead. I wouldn't recommend it though because there will be new cards coming in a few quarters that are engineered for gaming in 4K.

[AMD Athlon 64 Mobile 4000+ Socket 754 | Gigabyte GA-K8NS Pro nForce3 | OCZ 2GB DDR PC3200 | Sapphire HD 3850 512MB AGP | 850 Evo | Seasonic 430W | Win XP/10]

I plan to play in 4K with 2 R9 290X's (found to be better in other threads)

I'm unsure whether there will be a large difference from 4GB of vram in say the Sapphire Radeon R9 290X Vapor-X OC 4GB ( http://www.overclockers.co.uk/showproduct.php?prodid=GX-351-SP&groupid=701&catid=56&subcat=1752

or having 8GB of vram in say the Sapphire Radeon R9 290X Vapor-X OC 8GB ( http://www.overclockers.co.uk/showproduct.php?prodid=GX-353-SP&tool=3 )

Will there be much of diffence when it comes to playing in 4K? 

So there wouldnt be a need for the extra 4Gb of vram?

The 8GB version will be a little better but slightly useless as there's not enough bandwidth to refresh the full 8GB fast enough but anything using 8GB is going to run at 5 FPS anyway so it doesn't matter just something to be aware of so you might as well save some money and get the 4GB.

Mein Führer... I CAN WALK !!

So there wouldnt be a need for the extra 4Gb of vram?

In some titles it make a big difference. Like a heavyly modded Skyrim or Watchdogs (If you have less than 6gb of Vram the game will just freeze if you cranck the settings to ultra,4k and 16AA. 

In some titles it make a big difference. Like a heavyly modded Skyrim or Watchdogs (If you have less than 6gb of Vram the game will just freeze if you cranck the settings to ultra,4k and 16AA. 

Then again, is it the fault of your hardware or the game being programmed shittily? ;)

who cares...

Oh okay then, so it would be wroth the extra £100 then? so would one be enough for 4K or would 2 be needed?

Oh okay then, so it would be wroth the extra £100 then? so would one be enough for 4K or would 2 be needed?

For 100 pounds I'd do it for the E-pen. 

For 100 pounds I'd do it for the E-pen. 

For the E-pen? Would one of these be enough?

Ahhh makes sense, okay so by the look of those benchmarks one of these would be enough for 4K gaming

for now but there is no game out that actually has 4k textures which i suspect is going to smash everything in its path hence why theres been no games with 4k textures.

When you are spending so much an extra £100 is worth it IMO

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

When you are spending so much an extra £100 is worth it IMO

Okay yeah thats fine, was thinking that