Custom loop for the same price as AIO?? is it possible!

Go to solution Solved by SAV1OUR,

no. the average aios $100~ and the cheapest i have seen custom done was $300 anything below that and your skimping out likely going with the doggy chinese stuff

I was thinking about getting a nepton 280L or kraken x61, So my question as above, is it possible? If so I m in the uk so wter cooling gurus im at ur mercy!

no. the average aios $100~ and the cheapest i have seen custom done was $300 anything below that and your skimping out likely going with the doggy chinese stuff

Specs

CPU: i5 4670k i won the silicon lottery Cooler: Corsair H100i w/ 2x Corsair SP120 quiet editions Mobo: ASUS Z97 SABERTOOTH MARK 1 Ram: Corsair Platnums 16gb (4x4gb) Storage: Samsun 840 evo 256gb and random hard drives GPU: EVGA acx 2.0 gtx 980 PSU: Corsair RM 850w Case: Fractal Arc Midi R2 windowed 

No, it is not possible unless you have the skills and time to create it yourself.

Fair enough will go with a aio for now and save for a custom!

Would make more sense to go with a cheap air cooler if your planning to buy a custom loop

Possible: Yes, But it will probably fail miserably and kill your system. When you start skimping on parts it just isn't worth doing anymore.

what about an upgradable aio?

I heard the swiftech 220 has problems i know they are bringing out a 220x but dont know about other companies that have upgradeable aio, im a water noob!!

i would get the h220 or h320. i think coolermaster has some.

the Nepton 280L is a coolmaster, not sure weather its upgradable, but apparently does have a fill port on it and yeah a 320 would fit nicley inside a Phanteks Primo when i get it!

I've been trying to figure this one out myself. I dont see why someone couldn't just add a reservoir to an aio like the corsair hydro 110 or something. Then if the pump burns out I guess buy a pump and waterblock (or add a pump and keep the waterblock already on it? not sure if that would work). I will say that the price of something as relatively simple as a small water pump is ridiculously high.

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

if you want decent custom watercooling get something like EK L240 

otherwise just get a h100i 

I like the EK 360 kit on frozencpu for 259. I just cant figure out water cooling pumps. I go to the pump section and it seems like unless you spend 200 bucks your not getting the whole pump or something lol

I like the EK 360 kit on frozencpu for 259. I just cant figure out water cooling pumps. I go to the pump section and it seems like unless you spend 200 bucks your not getting the whole pump or something lol

after browsing on linus forums seems the best pumps are D5-Variables!

Pump for about 100$

http://www.frozencpu.com/products/16736/ex-pmp-202/Swiftech_MCP655-B_12v_Water_Pump_w_G14_Thread_Ports_Perfectly_Tapped.html

Network/Homelab build log Main PC: "Aqua Blue"  Server: 15TB+ "Blue Lightning"

3900x, 32GB RAM @3200mhz, RTX 3090, 2.5TB+ SSD Storage, 4x2560x1440 monitors

Samsung Galaxy Z Fold2 5G, +2x Note 9

I'd get an aircooler if I were you, they are cheaper, perform just as

AIO's and are half as quiet.

CPU: i7 3770k@ 4.6Ghz@ 1.23v - GPU: Palit GTX 660ti - MOBO: Asrock Extreme 4 - RAM: Corsair vengeance 8GB 1600Mhz - PSU: OCZ 650watt - STORAGE: 128Gb corsair force GT SSD/ 1TB seagate barracuda 7200rpm

COOLING: NH-U14s/ 3x Noiseblocker blacksilent pros/ Silverstone Air Penetrator/ 2 corsair AF120s

@MariusJS is that a molex connector? is it a good pump? is it variable speed?

Not sure if this is available where you are from, but it's closer to the price of an AIO but has pretty good performance and reliability over the Chinese kits.

(copied from @@Izaya Orihara from one of my previous topics)

Intel i5 4670K 3.4GHz | EVGA 780Ti Classified | ASUS Gryphon Z87 w/ Armor Kit | G.Skill Sniper 8GB @1866MHz

Samsung 840 Evo 500GB | Seagate Barracuda 3TB | Kingwin Lazer 850W Bronze PSU | Corsair 350D Window

Razer Blackwidow Ultimate BF3 Edition | Razer Naga Molten

Not sure if this is available where you are from, but it's closer to the price of an AIO but has pretty good performance and reliability over the Chinese kits.

(copied from @@Izaya Orihara from one of my previous topics)

Thanks and yeah have seen all those here in the uk, ill find them and add them up, but they wont add to the GBP equivelent of the $206.92 unforutunalty :(

Thanks and yeah have seen all those here in the uk, ill find them and add them up, but they wont add to the GBP equivelent of the $206.92 unforutunalty :(

ah gotcha, sorry I couldn't help more, not sure how the currency is there and how much things cost

Intel i5 4670K 3.4GHz | EVGA 780Ti Classified | ASUS Gryphon Z87 w/ Armor Kit | G.Skill Sniper 8GB @1866MHz

Samsung 840 Evo 500GB | Seagate Barracuda 3TB | Kingwin Lazer 850W Bronze PSU | Corsair 350D Window

Razer Blackwidow Ultimate BF3 Edition | Razer Naga Molten