What kind of material for custom MoBo shield? where to buy?

Unclescar

I have a 900D and an Asus Rampage IV Extreme Black.

I couldn't find a motherboard shield for it, so I'm going to make my own! It doesn't have to be cooling oriented.
I'm going to have a custom waterloop that includes the CPU and mobo (one solid block from EK) and multiple GPUs, so I need it to keep its structural integrity with holes cut out of it for those, as well as a few holes for cables and tubing, and screw holes for the reservoir that will be mounted to it as well.

I'll likely make a few extra custom pieces that I can clip in and out to hide the bottom compartment, the storage devices and drive bays as well.

It doesn't have to be a metal, but it does have to be sturdy, and I'd like it to appear as if it was there all a long as part of the case.

Acrylic and them some spray paint if you want decals and or a particular style.

But may i ask how are you going to attach it to thr motherboard. Acrylic is nonconductive so you could just put tape over a spot with no components, but not really a great solution

It won't be attached to the mobo. It will be clipped to the case itsself in multiple locations, to in a sense float over the mobo, essentially hiding everything aside from my waterloop and the components cooled by it.

Acrylic. :P

System 1: Thermaltake Element Q - Thermaltake 220W SFX - Asus AT5IONT-I mini-ITX - Intel® Atom™ D525 onboard 1.8GHz Dual-Core HT - Integrated NVIDIA® ION™ - 2x 2GB Kingston DDR3 - Samsung 120GB 840 Series - Scythe Kama Rack 3.5 - Asus DVD-RW

System 2: Thermaltake Element Q - Thermaltake 220W SFX - Asus E2KM1I-DELUXE mini-ITX - AMD E2-2000 onboard 1.75GHz Dual-Core - Integrated AMD® Radeon HD 7340 - 2x 4GB Kingston DDR3 - Samsung 120GB 840 Series - Scythe Kama Rack 3.5 - Asus DVD-RW

Building: Bitfenix Prodigy Black - Corsair AX860i - Asus Maximus VII Impact - Corsair Hydro Series H100i - Intel® Core™ i7 4790K - Asus Matrix Platinum GTX 980 4GB - Corsair 16GB Dominator Platinum 2x 8GB DDR3 2400MHz CL10 - Samsung 1TB EVO 840 Series

I have a 900D and an Asus Rampage IV Extreme Black.

I couldn't find a motherboard shield for it, so I'm going to make my own! It doesn't have to be cooling oriented.

I'm going to have a custom waterloop that includes the CPU and mobo (one solid block from EK) and multiple GPUs, so I need it to keep its structural integrity with holes cut out of it for those, as well as a few holes for cables and tubing, and screw holes for the reservoir that will be mounted to it as well.

I'll likely make a few extra custom pieces that I can clip in and out to hide the bottom compartment, the storage devices and drive bays as well.

It doesn't have to be a metal, but it does have to be sturdy, and I'd like it to appear as if it was there all a long as part of the case.

Coloured acrylic from amazon or local plastic shop if you have one nearby, cheap strong and easy to cut, you could get motherboard stand off's and essentially bolt it in front of the motherboard, thorough the original ATX mounting point. 

Put up some pictures if you do this. Sounds sweet. (Also, I might steal the idea.)

Case: Lian Li PC011-D - CPU: 3900x - GPU: 2080ti Reference - Mobo: Gigabyte - Ram: Corsair 4x16gb 3200MHz - SSD: 2TB Samsung Evo NVME

You and me both! :D

Just need to figure out how to cut the plexy... :D 

Case: Lian Li PC011-D - CPU: 3900x - GPU: 2080ti Reference - Mobo: Gigabyte - Ram: Corsair 4x16gb 3200MHz - SSD: 2TB Samsung Evo NVME

:)

Just trying to figure out how to get the saw into the middle of the piece of plexy :P

I guess I'll play with a drill.

Just trying to figure out how to get the saw into the middle of the piece of plexy :P

I guess I'll play with a drill.

Scroll saw, or a jigsaw with fine blade or ones made for plastics will work really well. 

Scroll saw, or a jigsaw with fine blade or ones made for plastics will work really well. 

By middle, I mean't how to start the cut in the middle (without coming from the edge)

By middle, I mean't how to start the cut in the middle (without coming from the edge)

Oh well yeah you would drill a starting hole but band saws like in the video have to start from the edge since it's impossible to thread the blade through the material.