PSU HELP gpu not spinning

Matriox

I have the Sapphire R9 290x(Tri-x) OCed edition and I bought a 900w PSU thinking i needed that much but I wired it 10 different ways and found out only my motherboard is giving my gpu power AND NOTHING ELSE so I figured my PSU was rated bad so I went ahead and bought a thermal take TR2 RX(80+ Bronze), I tried all setups and still NOTHING...So My question is it my gpu? or my power supply? If my power supply what PSU should I get?Thanks

CPU¤Core i5 5675c ¤Cooler¤Ghetto water loop(Cheap tubing & block from amazon)¤GPU1¤Sapphire R9 290x Tri-x¤MOBO¤Asrock H97m Anniversary ¤RAM¤8GB DDR3 1866Mhz¤Storage¤2Tb SSHD & 320Gb HDD¤Case¤Cougar Spike Mini ITX case¤PowerSupply¤500w EVGA 80 plus¤

Maybe the GPU connector on the GPU itself is faulty?

Computer Specifications:

AMD Ryzen 5 3600  Gigabyte B550M Aorus Elite | ADATA XPG SPECTRIX D50 32 GB 3600 MHz | Asus RTX 3060 KO Edition CoolerMaster Silencio S400 Klevv Cras C700 M.2 SSD 256GB 

1TB Crucial MX500 | 1 TB SanDisk SSD Corsair RM650W

Camera Equipment:

Camera Bodies: 

Olympus Pen-F Panasonic GH3 (Retired)

Lenses:

Sigma 30mm F1.4 | Sigma 16mm F1.4 | Sigma 19mm F2.8 | Laowa 17mm F1.8 | Olympus 45mm F1.8

750W would run this card, so i doubt its a PSU issue, have you reseated the GPU? if so check other connections on your mother board such as RAM. if in doubt reseat your RAM as well. i had a similar issue once only to find id installed a RAM  stick not supported by my mobo, changed this out and everything started up fine.

Like i said check everything is seated correctly, if it is the GPU may be a bad.

Sounds like a bad gpu to me.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 3900x  GPU: ASUS Strix rtx 2080 Super RAM: Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 8gb x4 PSU: Corsair HX850i Motherboard: ASUS Strix x570-E Storage: Samsung 840 pro, Samsung 970 evo 1tb nvme, segate 2tb Case: NZXT H510I Cooling: Corsair h100i

It's the GPU not the PSU OR the GPU Connectors. 

Case: Thermaltake Core V71 CPU: AMD RYZEN 7 1700X (overclocked to 4.1Ghz) Cooling: Corsair H110i GT(Push-Pull config) Motherboard: Gigabyte's Aorus AX370 AM4 K7 RAM: G.SKILL 2800Mhz 32GB GPU:  GEFORCE GTX 1080 (SLI) from Gigabyte Storage: Kingston 3K 240GB (main boot drive) Crucial M500 SSD, WD 2TB Green, 100GB HD(As backup) PSU: Sseasonic X Series 850W Gold

750W would run this card, so i doubt its a PSU issue, have you reseated the GPU? if so check other connections on your mother board such as RAM. if in doubt reseat your RAM as well. i had a similar issue once only to find id installed a RAM  stick not supported by my mobo, changed this out and everything started up fine.

Like i said check everything is seated correctly, if it is the GPU may be a bad.

actually, 550W will run it just fine.

I have the Sapphire R9 290x(Tri-x) OCed edition and I bought a 900w PSU thinking i needed that much but I wired it 10 different ways and found out only my motherboard is giving my gpu power AND NOTHING ELSE so I figured my PSU was rated bad so I went ahead and bought a thermal take TR2 RX(80+ Bronze), I tried all setups and still NOTHING...So My question is it my gpu? or my power supply? If my power supply what PSU should I get?Thanks

Most likely the issue is not your PSU. Also, how did you wire it 10 different ways? It should be simple, install the card in the PCI-E slot, plug in the 6-pin and 8-pin power connectors and that should be it. What exactly did you do?

I was just going off sapphire "Requirements"

What exactly did you do?

^ This, i am worried about this as well

I was just going off sapphire "Requirements"

yeah, those are always super-exaggerated. I think they do that so that people who buy cheap chinese PSUs that say 750W but in reality only have 400W can still run it :lol:

Most likely the issue is not your PSU. Also, how did you wire it 10 different ways? It should be simple, install the card in the PCI-E slot, plug in the 6-pin and 8-pin power connectors and that should be it. What exactly did you do?

10 was exaggerating but i had other adapter cords so about 6 or 8  

CPU¤Core i5 5675c ¤Cooler¤Ghetto water loop(Cheap tubing & block from amazon)¤GPU1¤Sapphire R9 290x Tri-x¤MOBO¤Asrock H97m Anniversary ¤RAM¤8GB DDR3 1866Mhz¤Storage¤2Tb SSHD & 320Gb HDD¤Case¤Cougar Spike Mini ITX case¤PowerSupply¤500w EVGA 80 plus¤

How high of a wattage is the new PSU?

750w

10 was exaggerating but i had other adapter cords so about 6 or 8  

In that case you might as well prepare to RMA the card.

In that case you might as well prepare to RMA the card.

Yeah I figured that

Yeah goodbye Graphics card, two PSU failing so highly unlikely, i would RMA that card

Yeah goodbye Graphics card, two PSU failing so highly unlikely, i would RMA that card

If you can, try using it in a different system first. Or use a different GPU with your motherboard. I say this because I've seen motherboards with broken PCI slots, very unlikely, but it does happen.

If you can, try using it in a different system first. Or use a different GPU with your motherboard. I say this because I've seen motherboards with broken PCI slots, very unlikely, but it does happen.

I have a R7 260x coming in soon i'll try that and get back to you if it works. thanks

I'm trying to RMA it hopefully they will take it back or $650 down the drain  :unsure:

i've managed to break a PCI slot when building, got a bit heavy handed reseating parts when it wouldnt post.

I'm trying to RMA it hopefully they will take it back or $650 down the drain  :unsure:

Just be honest with them if they ask why, you've tried all the normal trouble shooting methods so i can't see why they would deny the RMA

Yeah, like most others have said, do the RMA on the card.

Also, I feel the need to point out that if you were swapping modular cables between different PSUs, that's not a good idea. They are not all wired the same so not all of the modular cables are compatible with all modular PSU's, even if they fit. Unless you were talking about using molex to PCIe power adapters, then that's fine.