Have I been Scammed?

Guest Arshi

So, I used a credit card to order form a ebay user called drhotdeals, a pair of headphones. Today I got a email saying, that I was entitled to a 25$ prepaid visa at www.confirmmyorder.com.

I do not trust the site at all. 

But could I have been scammed at all? I doubt it, sense I paid through paypal, and ebay, and than to the seller. The www.confirmmydeal.com which was linked in the email says says the sellers name, drhotdeal.

But I orderd two things, from separate sellers!

Any info is welcomed! 

Nope just a random spam email. If you used Paypal you will be under EBAY's payment protection. so you can recover payment.

Intel I9-9900k (5Ghz) Asus ROG Maximus XI Formula | Corsair Vengeance 16GB DDR4-4133mhz | ASUS ROG Strix 2080Ti | EVGA Supernova G2 1050w 80+Gold | Samsung 950 Pro M.2 (512GB) + (1TB) | Full EK custom water loop |IN-WIN S-Frame (No. 263/500)

Nope just a random spam email. If you used Paypal you will be under EBAY's payment protection. so you can recover payment.

Sense I used paypal and ebay, none of the payment information goes to the seller, does it. Ebay pays them, no? 

Sense I used paypal and ebay, none of the payment information goes to the seller, does it. Ebay pays them, no? 

Ebay and Paypal are owned by the same company. If you used your credit card through paypal to pay the person then the person would get paid as normal. Paypal is just a middleman securing everything. You are still covered.

Intel I9-9900k (5Ghz) Asus ROG Maximus XI Formula | Corsair Vengeance 16GB DDR4-4133mhz | ASUS ROG Strix 2080Ti | EVGA Supernova G2 1050w 80+Gold | Samsung 950 Pro M.2 (512GB) + (1TB) | Full EK custom water loop |IN-WIN S-Frame (No. 263/500)

Ebay and Paypal are owned by the same company. If you used your credit card through paypal to pay the person then the person would get paid as normal. Paypal is just a middleman securing everything. You are still covered.

I know they are the same. Thanks a lot for reassuring me man! 

You're fine, man. Just bad timing, that's all. :)

Main rig on profile

VAULT - File Server

Spoiler

Intel Core i5 11400 w/ Shadow Rock LP, 2x16GB SP GAMING 3200MHz CL16, ASUS PRIME Z590-A, 2x LSI 9211-8i, Fractal Define 7, 256GB Team MP33, 3x 6TB WD Red Pro (general storage), 3x 1TB Seagate Barracuda (dumping ground), 3x 8TB WD White-Label (Plex) (all 3 arrays in their respective Windows Parity storage spaces), Corsair RM750x, Windows 11 Education

Sleeper HP Pavilion A6137C

Spoiler

Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.4GHz, 4x8GB G.SKILL Ares 1800MHz CL10, ASUS Z170M-E D3, 128GB Team MP33, 1TB Seagate Barracuda, 320GB Samsung Spinpoint (for video capture), MSI GTX 970 100ME, EVGA 650G1, Windows 10 Pro

Mac Mini (Late 2020)

Spoiler

Apple M1, 8GB RAM, 256GB, macOS Sonoma

Consoles: Softmodded 1.4 Xbox w/ 500GB HDD, Xbox 360 Elite 120GB Falcon, XB1X w/2TB MX500, Xbox Series X, PS1 1001, PS2 Slim 70000 w/ FreeMcBoot, PS4 Pro 7015B 1TB (retired), PS5 Digital, Nintendo Switch OLED, Nintendo Wii RVL-001 (black)

@

your email is paired with your PayPal/eBay accounting. and is released on the

payment information between the two parties. possibility the info did come from

the seller is highly suspicious. as far as a scam on the auction, your paypal has

you covered on that.

do not express any interest in the pre-paid and you might want to reach out to

paypal security and involve them on this type of practice you have been alerted to.

@

your email is paired with your PayPal/eBay accounting. and is released on the

payment information between the two parties. possibility the info did come from

the seller is highly suspicious. as far as a scam on the auction, your paypal has

you covered on that.

do not express any interest in the pre-paid and you might want to reach out to

paypal security and involve them on this type of practice you have been alerted to.

Thanks for the for the reply man. So, the only info released to the seller is basic such as email and name, no doubt right?

I probably shouldn't even worry about this, but kinda a bit on guard this week!

@

no doubt, that's why the contact (kinda like a referral) for a reward, but we all

know those types of "gimmicks" usually aren't the best thing. nuttin' is for free.

i wouldn't be worried.

@

no doubt, that's why the contact (kinda like a referral) for a reward, but we all

know those types of "gimmicks" usually aren't the best thing. nuttin' is for free.

i wouldn't be worried.

I just got a email from ebay saying one of the items was shipped. And another email from "Fast Track Deal" which was from the seller auto email. That had a link to tacking info and the same $25 card promo.

I never trust these scams either.

I guess it is a better scenario then even I thought.

Thanks for your help sir.  ;)

I just got a email from ebay saying one of the items was shipped. And another email from "Fast Track Deal" which was from the seller auto email. That had a link to tacking info and the same $25 card promo.

I never trust these scams either.

I guess it is a better scenario then even I thought.

Thanks for your help sir.  ;)

Another quick question. What exact type of info does paypal/ebay give to the seller. Only email? Or What else? 

Something kinda funny: I bought a pair of ear buds form a guy that sells mostly sex toys on his account. Kinda ashamed of that. 

@

with contact email is included. you info to the seller is the same sans the

username and email addy.

Another quick question. What exact type of info does paypal/ebay give to the seller. Only email? Or What else? 

Something kinda funny: I bought a pair of ear buds form a guy that sells mostly sex toys on his account. Kinda ashamed of that. 

ur gonna need some bleach..

ur gonna need some bleach..

Lol  :lol:

@

with contact email is included. you info to the seller is the same sans the

username and email addy.

Alright, thanks for the help, man.