Android 4.4.3 rolling out to Nexus devices

CyberneticTitan

Original Article: http://www.androidcentral.com/google-releases-android-44-factory-image-nexus-5

aYzzObe.png

In an effort to create a balance in the force, Google has dropped the Android 4.4.3 image for the Nexus 5, Nexus 7 2013 (excluding the LTE version at present), Nexus 7 2012, Nexus 4 and Nexus 10 on their downloads page. It's a 440-465MB download, and you'll need fastboot set up to install it. We've not yet seen any OTA updates, but we imagine they are coming if you'd rather wait. More details and download links after the break.

So far the only major change we're seeing is a visual refresh to the Phone app, bringing a card-based view for "Speed Dial" contacts along with a new accent color. The update is also expected to fix bugs relating to CPU usage and the Nexus 5 camera that were acknowledged by Google a couple months back.

Download the factory images here: https://developers.google.com/android/nexus/images

It feels good to own a Nexus device :)

What was the point of this much wait for a 0.0.1 update?

The stone cannot know why the chisel cleaves it; the iron cannot know why the fire scorches it. When thy life is cleft and scorched, when death and despair leap at thee, beat not thy breast and curse thy evil fate, but thank the Builder for the trials that shape thee.

Nexus 5 FTW!!!

Motherboard - Gigabyte P67A-UD5 Processor - Intel Core i7-2600K RAM - G.Skill Ripjaws @1600 8GB Graphics Cards  - MSI and EVGA GeForce GTX 580 SLI PSU - Cooler Master Silent Pro 1,000w SSD - OCZ Vertex 3 120GB x2 HDD - WD Caviar Black 1TB Case - Corsair Obsidian 600D Audio - Asus Xonar DG

Hail Sithis!

camera fix, battery life fix, Wi-Fi and Bluetooth fix... The list goes on.

Motherboard - Gigabyte P67A-UD5 Processor - Intel Core i7-2600K RAM - G.Skill Ripjaws @1600 8GB Graphics Cards  - MSI and EVGA GeForce GTX 580 SLI PSU - Cooler Master Silent Pro 1,000w SSD - OCZ Vertex 3 120GB x2 HDD - WD Caviar Black 1TB Case - Corsair Obsidian 600D Audio - Asus Xonar DG

Hail Sithis!

Are there any pictures of the Re-vamped phone app? I'd like to see what it looks like.

camera fix, battery life fix, Wi-Fi and Bluetooth fix... The list goes on.

What was so broken about them. I've never had issues. Was it broken only on Nexus 5?

The stone cannot know why the chisel cleaves it; the iron cannot know why the fire scorches it. When thy life is cleft and scorched, when death and despair leap at thee, beat not thy breast and curse thy evil fate, but thank the Builder for the trials that shape thee.

whats the point of IOS 8 ???

Seriously? iOS 8 brought up a truckload of changes, more than what KitKat brought for Android. Sure in the end it was what iOS 7 should have been but it is still significant for iOS.

What was so broken about them. I've never had issues. Was it broken only on Nexus 5?

mostly in nexus 5. Minus the camera bug. It causes really high CPU usage on rare occasion on multiple phones running KitKat. I don't know the exact details of the change log but I know the camera big was addressed.

Hail Sithis!

Seriously? iOS 8 brought up a truckload of changes, more than what KitKat brought for Android. Sure in the end it was what iOS 7 should have been but it is still significant for iOS.

iOS had to play catch up with Google. So it's not a fair comparison.

Hail Sithis!

I'd buy a Nexus 5, but it costs money. 

"When in doubt, don't take your wallet out." - Dad

† TTCF Member †

It feels good to own a Nexus device :)

so_good.png

#OhCrap #KilledMyWife

:( just as i got used to my CM11 on my N4... i wish there was a way to save a "profile" for things like alarms home screens and other junk so i dont have to keep messing with them.

Primary:

Intel i5 4670K (3.8 GHz) | ASRock Extreme 4 Z87 | 16GB Crucial Ballistix Tactical LP 2x8GB | Gigabyte GTX980ti | Mushkin Enhanced Chronos 240GB | Corsair RM 850W | Nanoxia Deep Silence 1| Ducky Shine 3 | Corsair m95 | 2x Monoprice 1440p IPS Displays | Altec Lansing VS2321 | Sennheiser HD558 | Antlion ModMic

HTPC:

Intel NUC i5 D54250WYK | 4GB Kingston 1600MHz DDR3L | 256GB Crucial M4 mSATA SSD | Logitech K400

NAS:

Thecus n4800 | WD White Label 8tb x4 in raid 5

Phones:

Oneplux 6t (Mint), Nexus 5x 8.1.0 (wifi only), Nexus 4 (wifi only)

Unlike most companies a 0.0.1 update means an awful lot of changes with Google. <3

[spoiler = "My Computer Stuff"]

My ITX:

240 Air ; Z87I-Deluxe ; 4770K ; H100i ; G1 GTX 980TI ; Vengeance Pro 2400MHz (2x8GB) ; 3x 840 EVO (250GB) ; 2x WD Red Pro (4TB) ; RM650 ; 3x Dell U2414H ; G710+ ; G700s ; O2 + ODAC + Q701 ; Yamaha HTR-3066 + 5.1 Pioneer.

Things I Need To Get Off My Shelf:

250D ; 380T ; 800D ; C70 ; i7 920 ; i5 4670K ; Maximus Hero VI ; G.Skill 2133MHz (4x4GB) ; Crucial 2133MHz (2x4GB) ; Patriot 1600MHz (4x4GB) ; HX750 ; CX650M ; 2x WD Red (3TB) ; 5x 840 EVO (250GB) ; H60H100iH100i ; H100i ; VS247H-P ; K70 Reds ; K70 Blues ; K70 RGB Browns ; HD650.