Fallout 4 may be Xbox One exclusive

Go to solution Solved by Misanthrope,

Hardly.

Right, enjoy your now useless $100 kinect that will soon be forgotten and dumped from all future game support. 

You really are a cunt. Read the whole post please and stop trying to have an argument with everyone.

Please, get out of the house

I don't quite think that was needed.

I don't quite think that was needed.

It really was, he derailed the topic and is a closed minded prick. Why people can't just listen and maybe atleast try to get on with someone goes straight past me...

Intel i7 4770k @4.5ghz, Asus Maximus VI Formula, Asus Geforce GTX 780, Corsair h100i, Corsair Neutron GTX 240gb, WD Black 1tb, Corsair 750D, Corsair AX860i w/ Sleeved Cables.

I rarely leave the build logs section.

Realize that someone from Bethesda said that Fallout 4 wouldn't be coming out for a long time, and therefore this game can't be released as a "first year exclusive". Also, the article was written before the consoles even came out. I'm pretty sure this isn't going to happen.

Lol.  Simmer down son.  You and your buddy must truly be the type of people who don't get out and socialize much.  Anyone with an ounce of social skills would know the difference.  You know, from having a social life and dealing with lots of people.  Hating is something that involves jealousy and envy.  Talking shit is talking shit.  It's antagonistic, that's it.  What the fuck could I possibly be hating on PS4 about when the Xbox One is the clear winner in this situation.

It's actually shocking how you continue to fail to grasp how you not owning an Xbox One would make your experiences different from someone who did and took part in many community gatherings discussing a system with people that had like-minded intentions and opinions while trying to enjoy the pre and post release.  I mean tell me, were you online talking with people who were just as excited as you to get an Xbox One only to have it ruined by fanboys?  It's funny because by your estimation the person who wasn't at a party but hears about a bunch of thugs coming in and ruining it is the same as the person who was actually at the party and witnessed it/experienced it.  The experiences aren't the same.  Both are the same thing to you though.  Refer to the first paragraph.  Get out more.

Angry because of a ruined experience, yeah.  Affected by their opinions?  I have a fucking Xbox One don't I? 

Get out.  You and Misanthrope clearly have a little romance going on.  Go get dinner or something and actually socialize.  It will do you some good. 

How old are you again? There's a awful lot of insults in those non hating words there.........Son.

I love that your insult level basically comes down to : Na na na...nobody likes you, you have no friends....This quickly turned into kindergarden for you didn't it...

The Mistress: Case: Corsair 760t   CPU:  Intel Core i7-4790K 4GHz(stock speed at the moment) - GPU: MSI 970 - MOBO: MSI Z97 Gaming 5 - RAM: Crucial Ballistic Sport 1600MHZ CL9 - PSU: Corsair AX760  - STORAGE: 128Gb Samsung EVO SSD/ 1TB WD Blue/Several older WD blacks.

I have Fallout 3 and Fallout: NV on both PC and Xbox 360 and sadly, both games run better on the 360. Sure the graphics are waaaaaay better on PC but there's no crashes, no bugs and the gameplay is smoother on the Xbox. 

I would consider getting an Xbone just for Fallout and the new Borderlands just because they won't have any hiccups on console.

"Energy drinks don't make my mouth taste like yak buttholes like coffee does, so I'll stick with them." - Yoinkerman

Everyone loves bethesda for giving us the possebility to mod the f*ck out of their games like skyrim, fallout 3 etc. so this is just really strange.

i5 4670k - MSI GTX 770 gaming - Fractal design define R4 (windowed) - MSI Z87-G45 gaming - be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 2 - Corsair vengeance 8 gb (lp) - WB black 1tb - 256GB SSD - Corsair TX 750M - Ducky Shine 3

It's so stupid, why doesn't microsoft make it an exclusive to microsoft, not just xbox. Same goes with Halo, they should be for XB1 + PC as an exclusive vs Sony

The fact that this is a poor move aside, why does the gaming community tolerate console exclusives, seriously?

Look at it this way, there is absolutely no benefit to a game for being exclusive, aside from developers getting money from the console companies and the console potentially getting a larger install base because if you put a game people want on a console they don't have, they'll go and potentially buy it, right? Guaranteed increase in sales of your console so in all honesty, it wouldn't surprise me to see Microsoft throwing money in devs faces so that people will more or less be forced to buy an Xbone if they want to play a certain game.

There's not even any benefit to the game, it's not like being on the Xbone grants it any benefits, there's nothing extra because it's on the Xbox, it's just the same game, only not coming out on the other console. If Microsoft were like, "Hey, there's this game that could potentially really work with Kinect, why don't we pay these guys to make it exclusive and get them to integrate our exclusive and interesting technology to make the game more interesting and enjoyable for the playerbase?"
It's still not perfect in my opinion but at least it's understandable and we in the end get a better product.

Suppose I'm just an old wanker these days, the years are getting to me..

if this were to be true even if it is a bad decision, I could see Bethesda doing one of the following: M$ exclusive like they did with Titanfall, timed exclusive, or they are just talking about exclusive dlc.

CPU amd phenom ii x4 965 @ 3.4Ghz | Motherboard msi 970a-g46 | RAM 2x 4GB Team Elite | GPU XFX Radeon HD 7870 DD | Case NZXT Gamma Classic | HDD 750 GB Hitachi | PSU ocz modxstream pro 600w

If this happens.. then what, exactly is life?

// Gigabyte 990FXA-UD3 // AMD FX-8320 CPU @ 4.3 Ghz (7-21.5 Multiplier) 200.90mhz FSB CPU-Z Validated // Kraken X40 AIO - 2x140mm Push-Pull // 4GB Corsair Vengeance LP - 8GB Avexir Core Series Red 1760Mhz // Sapphire R9 Fury Nitro 1130mhz/4GB 1025mhz (Effective) GPU-Z Validation // Corsair SP2500 2.1 & Microlab Solo 9C Speakers // Corsair K90 Silver - Cherry MX Red & Blue LEDs // EVGA SuperNova 850w G2

The fact that this is a poor move aside, why does the gaming community tolerate console exclusives, seriously?

Look at it this way, there is absolutely no benefit to a game for being exclusive, aside from developers getting money from the console companies and the console potentially getting a larger install base because if you put a game people want on a console they don't have, they'll go and potentially buy it, right? Guaranteed increase in sales of your console so in all honesty, it wouldn't surprise me to see Microsoft throwing money in devs faces so that people will more or less be forced to buy an Xbone if they want to play a certain game.

Because in the end, as a whole, people would rather give in than not play the game they really want. If MS and Sony didn't get exclusives the argument for consoles over PC or picking between consoles just collapses even more than it already has. If I was a dev I'd want my games available to the largest audience, but MS and Sony pay handsomely so that isn't the case.

No way on gods green Earth. Bethesda know that the modding community accounts for millions of sales. They're not going to put Fallout 4 on a locked platform without it coming to PC as well

This is the correct answer.

AMD Ryzen 5900x, Nvidia RTX 3080 (MSI Gaming X-trio), ASrock X570 Extreme4, 32GB Corsair Vengeance RGB @ 3200mhz CL16, Corsair MP600 1TB, Intel 660P 1TB, Corsair HX1000, Corsair 680x, Corsair H100i Platinum

is this thing still going on?  the artical is a year old for one and for 2 could MS justify paying the money needed to get this? and more over would they pay to not have it on PC? its shitting on your own users....im calling bullshit on this

"if nothing is impossible, try slamming a revolving door....." - unknown

my new rig bob https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/b/sGRG3C#cx710255

Kumaresh - "Judging whether something is alive by it's capability to live is one of the most idiotic arguments I've ever seen." - jan 2017

more over would they pay to not have it on PC? its shitting on your own users....im calling bullshit on this

Microsoft loves shitting on their own users. They are already doing it with all the Xbone exclusives.

Interview of Todd Howard (Bethesda game designer of Fallout and Elder Scrolls) June 2014

Could someone close this topic ? Please ?

youtube.com/watch?v=V0MpuiYJkuI

The TLDR version : all Bethesda games will be on PC.

wow, scary topic. The one time it's acceptable going full retard is when consoles surfaces into the real world demanding some attention. Lets settle for less shall we; and stay oblivious about everything hardware  :angry:

I don't know...I feel like Bethesda is smarter than this. I understand that Rockstar has a history of screwing over PC gamers so GTAV isn't that shocking, but XB1 exclusive Fallout 4? I have a hard time believing this. Bethesda has taken an almost entirely supportive stance on modding, hell they even gave us G.E.C.K to give modders a helping hand, Why would they go console exclusive and shoot themselves in the foot?

The same bethesda who makes terrible PC ports but allows modders to come in and fix all the holes left in their games?

Intel i5-3570K/ Gigabyte GTX 1080/ Asus PA248Q/ Sony MDR-7506/MSI Z77A-G45/ NHD-14/Samsung 840 EVO 256GB+ Seagate Barracuda 3TB/ 16GB HyperX Blue 1600MHZ/  750w PSU/ Corsiar Carbide 500R