Juli@ XTE

Boxrocket

Does anyone use this soundcard for gaming? If so, can you elaborate on why you may or may not enjoy it? Possibly say if it is better than the ZXR by soundblaster? Thanks.

Can you please first explain the reason for which you want a soundcard?

Yikes, I knew this would be one of the first replies.  I didn't want to be rude and say please don't ask me why I may need a sound card in the first place.  I just want to hear from folks that already have this soundcard or know if they are satisfied with it or not.  

Yikes, I knew this would be one of the first replies.  I didn't want to be rude and say please don't ask me why I may need a sound card in the first place.  I just want to hear from folks that already have this soundcard or know if they are satisfied with it or not.  

Whatever. If you think you need to drop $200 on a soudcard go ahead.

SSL with all due respect, I know a sound card makes all the difference in the world between distinguishing sounds while playing games.  It can be the difference between a frag and a death.  I am able to hear people walking on metal catwalks, wooden planks, and around corners.  I DEFINITELY know the difference between the sounds because I have heard the difference in sound profiles with different soundcard/headphone combinations.  Try the PS 1000s by grado with the right headphone amp and sound card and put that up against some noob with onboard audio. See who wins and is accused of "seeing through walls".

I just want to know if anyone has the Juli@ XTE and if they like it or not.  Don't want to get into a battle with folks that don't have money to bump their performance up by 1%. I am that guy that spends money on the 1%. All those 1%'s add up to your death.

SSL with all due respect, I know a sound card makes all the difference in the world between distinguishing sounds while playing games.  It can be the difference between a frag and a death.  I am able to hear people walking on metal catwalks, wooden planks, and around corners.  I DEFINITELY know the difference between the sounds because I have heard the difference in sound profiles with different soundcard/headphone combinations.  Try the PS 1000s by grado with the right headphone amp and sound card and put that up against some noob with onboard audio. See who wins and is accused of "seeing through walls".

Then I suggest you mosey on over to head-fi for some real audiophile discussion. It sounds like you know what you want better than most people likely to be on this forum.

Then I suggest you mosey on over to head-fi for some real audiophile discussion. It sounds like you know what you want better than most people likely to be on this forum.

Whoaaaa I can't handle that much sarcasm man. :)

The angst is real. 

No sarcasm has ever stood up against a great sound setup.  Die = cry...

I found out there are just a bunch of folks in this forum that take the easy route and will never experience the next level of pwnage.

I found out there are just a bunch of folks in this forum that take the easy route and will never experience the next level of pwnage.

Orrr you're just falling for marketing and are too stubborn to be helped. 

k

Equipment

Headphones

Well it looks like my sacrcasm finally made some of you post some shit...Woot... Who said I wasn't willing to be helped? You guys just shoot me up because I ask about a sound card. I can take the heat, it is fun. I seriously could hear people walking up behind me better with the ZXR than I can with the XFI card... That is all I was saying... I am tired of the sound card crap marketing too. I know they cut corners on the cards... I just want the best Gaming Headphone setup.  If it is going to be a pci ex card or an external setup, I will keep looking.. I am doing all my research before I purchase anything. If it means coming on here and stirring up some shit than soo be it haha :P.  I have the O2 Headphone Amplifier by JDS Labs, the Beyerdynamic 880DT 250Ohmz Headphones, and a nice XFI sound card from soundblaster.  I really want to replace the soundcard with something else. Thanks.

Have you tried Razer Surround software?

Virtual Surround truly is a personal preference kind of thing because there's so much variance in the things that determine how someone hears things IRL. If you liked the ZXR so much, why did you get rid of it?

I got rid of the ZXR because they failed to keep the mic out hardware portion of their card decent.  They actually reduced the quality of the ZXR's mic out compared to my XFI card.  My XFI card mic out output blows away the ZXR.  So the fact that soundblaster would sell customers a product worse than what they came out with in 2011 (the XFI card) really is what jump started me to searching for new avenues in gaming surround sound.  No doubt I want the surround sound the ZXR offers, but was extremely bummed out with soundblaster cutting corners on the mic out portion.  I have an email from the technical team at Creative Soundblaster where they definitely agree that the mic out is not as strong as their older cards.  I am not an Electrical Engineer but I can tell the quality blows too.

I stand by Razer mice and keyboard products but thought that them getting into sound was kind of gimmicky.  I can give them a look though. Thanks.

I may go try the ZXR again and try to hook up this Yamaha MG06X Mixer up to it that I recently acquired to see if that helps.  

Thanks,

I have a bluebird mic and the recording you get using the XFI titanium fatal1ty soundcard (purchased in 2011) blows away Soundblaster's latest ZXR card. Anyhoo thanks,