Good wifi cards?

Armieramortalis

Hello peoples of the internet I need a good network card and was wondering in any of you guys could give me some suggestions. as i am really busy with finals and don't have to time to go digging. All i need is something that is relatively on the cheaper side a internal pci-e one would be good. Thanks!

P.S: I'm switching to WiFi because my router is upstairs and "Power-line" sucks, a lot i'm only getting like 8 Mbps instead of the 120 i pay for.

Armi does not discriminate he hates everyone equally.

Hello peoples of the internet I need a good network card and was wondering in any of you guys could give me some suggestions. as i am really busy with finals and don't have to time to go digging. All i need is something that is relatively on the cheaper side a internal pci-e one would be good. Thanks!

P.S: I'm switching to WiFi because my router is upstairs and "Power-line" sucks, a lot i'm only getting like 8 Mbps instead of the 120 i pay for.

See, me too, but the i'm wired. Cable goes through vent to my parents room upstairs, through their room, into their closet, through a hole in closet, into my vent, out into my room, across my room to my computer

n0ah1897, on 05 Mar 2014 - 2:08 PM, said:  "Computers are like girls. It's whats in the inside that matters.  I don't know about you, but I like my girls like I like my cases. Just as beautiful on the inside as the outside."

Don't cheap out on it. You will regret it so much, i spent $15 on my adapter and it take hours to download anything and yet all the other pc in my house are fine.

I run my own indie game company called Color Dragon Studios where we are currently making a 2d platformer game called Small Earth.

Don't cheap out on it. You will regret it so much, i spent $15 on my adapter and it take hours to download anything and yet all the other pc in my house are fine.

I dont want to cheap out on it I just want something thats on the cheaper side like 50ish dollars

Armi does not discriminate he hates everyone equally.

You could also get an USB adapter, i'm using a TP-Link and my only complain is that i can't change the MAC Adress, but it's atheros chipset is great.

Don't get mad, get even...

Then get an extender. I have a cheapass card, but it downloads fine.

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

More of the "premium" side: http://pcpartpicker.com/part/tp-link-wireless-network-card-tlwdn4800

It's what I use now, and I get the same speeds as if I was connect via physical wire. No drops or latency either.

CPU Intel Core i7-4790K Motherboard ASUS Saberthooth Z97 Mark1 RAM Corsair Dominator Platinum 16GB @ 2133MHZ GPU 2 X MSI GeForce GTX GTX 980TI GAMING 6G SLI Case Phantex Enthoo Evolv ATX Storage Samsung 840 Pro Series 256GB / Western Digital Caviar Black 2TB PSU Corsair RM1000i Display Asus 4K PB287Q Cooling Noctua NF-A14 FLX & NF-F12 PWM /Thermaltake Water 3.0 Ultimate 360mm Keyboard Corsair K70 Mouse ROCCAT Kone XTD Sound Card Asus Xonar STX

The PCE-AC68 is a godsend if you're in an area with lots of signals. It's the only one that working in my apartment complex flawlessly. It is $100 but you will regret NOTHING.

http://www.amazon.com/Dual-Band-Wireless-AC1900-PCI-E-Adapter-PCE-AC68/dp/B00F42V83C

[spoiler = "My Computer Stuff"]

My ITX:

240 Air ; Z87I-Deluxe ; 4770K ; H100i ; G1 GTX 980TI ; Vengeance Pro 2400MHz (2x8GB) ; 3x 840 EVO (250GB) ; 2x WD Red Pro (4TB) ; RM650 ; 3x Dell U2414H ; G710+ ; G700s ; O2 + ODAC + Q701 ; Yamaha HTR-3066 + 5.1 Pioneer.

Things I Need To Get Off My Shelf:

250D ; 380T ; 800D ; C70 ; i7 920 ; i5 4670K ; Maximus Hero VI ; G.Skill 2133MHz (4x4GB) ; Crucial 2133MHz (2x4GB) ; Patriot 1600MHz (4x4GB) ; HX750 ; CX650M ; 2x WD Red (3TB) ; 5x 840 EVO (250GB) ; H60H100iH100i ; H100i ; VS247H-P ; K70 Reds ; K70 Blues ; K70 RGB Browns ; HD650.

I recommend to pick up the Alfa awus036nha from either Amazon or Ebay.com. It is the best USB wifi adapter. Sells for about 30USD and can be used for almost everything. You can even setup your own AP or monitor other networks, should you wish so.

“The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it.” 

― Neil deGrasse Tyson