Are GPU brackets ever needed?

Jedicake

I just got a Galaxy 780 HoF with a waterblock on it and man it seems super heavy compared to my 660ti. I haven't put the 780 in my system yet, but curious how bad it is for a GPU to do the "bending" thing in a system setup? Where it's real heavy and sort of bends down with the weight, obviously the one screw (or might be two) in the expansion slots will help on one end but...

Enthoo Primo - ASUS Maximus Formula VII - 4790k 4.8ghz 1.28v - EK Supremacy Evo Clean - 16GB Crucial Ballistix Tactical - 1000w EVGA Supernova Gold - 2x Alphacool Monsta Rads in push/pull - 2x Galaxy 780 HoF with EK waterblock

Build Log http://imgur.com/a/UV6Wh Just want to warn everyone, my build log is pretty mediocre.

I use the thumb screws that hold the blanking plates to screw into the blackplate of the GPU if you put them in tight enough while forcing the GPU up to its normal position it will hold the GPU at the correct angle.

Intel I9-9900k (5Ghz) Asus ROG Maximus XI Formula | Corsair Vengeance 16GB DDR4-4133mhz | ASUS ROG Strix 2080Ti | EVGA Supernova G2 1050w 80+Gold | Samsung 950 Pro M.2 (512GB) + (1TB) | Full EK custom water loop |IN-WIN S-Frame (No. 263/500)

I've had GPU sag on my card forever. It still works, somehow.

Specs are on my profile page

Teach a man to fish and he ends up sticking a screw driver in a turned on power supply seeing if it still works.        #KilledMyWifeWithABomb            Resolution is just a number

Saw a kind of ghetto gpu holder on reddit a week ago I'd have to find the post, but if anything you can just do that.

CPU: i7 4770k CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i Mobo: Gigabyte z87 ud3h Memory: 16GB Corsair Veng. 1866MHz  GPU: EVGA SC 780 PSU: Corsair ax850 Case: Define R4 BlackOut Edition SSD: Samsung 840 EVO HDD: Two WD Black 7200RPM 1TB

is it a full cover water block? If so, don't worry. Water blocks are heavy, but also stiff and prevent the card from bending. 

Sweet. Yea, it's full cover. Thanks.

Enthoo Primo - ASUS Maximus Formula VII - 4790k 4.8ghz 1.28v - EK Supremacy Evo Clean - 16GB Crucial Ballistix Tactical - 1000w EVGA Supernova Gold - 2x Alphacool Monsta Rads in push/pull - 2x Galaxy 780 HoF with EK waterblock

Build Log http://imgur.com/a/UV6Wh Just want to warn everyone, my build log is pretty mediocre.

I just got a Galaxy 780 HoF with a waterblock on it and man it seems super heavy compared to my 660ti. I haven't put the 780 in my system yet, but curious how bad it is for a GPU to do the "bending" thing in a system setup? Where it's real heavy and sort of bends down with the weight, obviously the one screw (or might be two) in the expansion slots will help on one end but...

All you will ever really need is the thumb screws included with your case that attaches the GPU to the case.