Laggy host

Tadas

Hey guys!

So, when i play MW2 when I'm host the game laggs and I know that is not FPS drop or something like that, becouse my pc runs MW2 on ~80 FPS. How i can solve this problem? And i don't know if it's important, but when I play FFA game isn't laggy at all, and when i play for example Ground war it laggs a bit.

P.S. Sorry if I have done a few grammar mistakes, English isn't my native language.

It's most likely the internet connection. I'm not familiar at all with CoD and its hosting but I'm guessing your internet connection can't suffice running a server, especially if it's on WiFi.

I think that my internet connection isn't that bad, but no im not running on Wi-Fi I got internet cable to my router, and from router i got another cable to my PC. So my internet is wired.

I'm not to familiar with the hosting system on PC but if its like the consoles then it should only pick hosts with good connections maybe try not be host? What I do is download a file while searching so I'm not host but when the game starts I stop the download. As I said this might not apply for pc

It's the internet connection, I've had that problem before. There's nothing much you can do about it, when you become the host, Tab and check everyone's ping, if everyone is in yellow-red, have the courtesy and leave and join a new game.

Come and join the awesome Official LTT Star Citizen Org at LTT Conglomerat,  GTA 5 LTT Crew at LTT Conglomarate

PC Specs - 4770k - OC 4.5GHz  - GTX 780 SC - 16GB HyperX - NZXT H440 White - Corsair H100i - Corsair AX750 - Samsung Evo 250GB - 2 x PA238Q - ATH-M50 - 

I want to get host in games, but i dont want it to be laggy. Strange, but even if the game twitches every once in a while, hit detection is perfect.

I want to get host in games, but i dont want it to be laggy. Strange, but even if the game twitches every once in a while, hit detection is perfect.

Why do you want to be a host? there's nothing special about it.

Come and join the awesome Official LTT Star Citizen Org at LTT Conglomerat,  GTA 5 LTT Crew at LTT Conglomarate

PC Specs - 4770k - OC 4.5GHz  - GTX 780 SC - 16GB HyperX - NZXT H440 White - Corsair H100i - Corsair AX750 - Samsung Evo 250GB - 2 x PA238Q - ATH-M50 - 

I have checked the bars and when I'm host i have a full green bar ( not 4 bar, becouse I accidentaly joined hacked lobby :D) so when I have full (10 bar) others have from 6 to 9 bars and it still glows green, and no one says that game is laggy :/

Becouse hit detection is perfect.

Wait wait, so does the game only lag for you when you host it? What about if you're not hosting the game, does it still lag for you?

When I'm not hosting the game it does not lag. But when I do it twitches a bit.

Hmm, what CPU are you running?

My CPU is really old :D it's AMD Athlon 64 X2 3800+, but I'm running game on 1024x720 and play on lowest texture quality possible.

I'm not sure what the problem is, but maybe your computer can just handle the game, but not handle it well enough to host it? I'm not sure, I used to run a Core 2 Duo, and it would be choppy sometimes.

I'm not sure what the problem is, but maybe your computer can just handle the game, but not handle it well enough to host it? I'm not sure, I used to run a Core 2 Duo, and it would be choppy sometimes.
Or maybe it's just that you're running it over the Wifi, try running an ethernet cable.

It may be the problem. Now I'm saving for my new system, but my savings grow really slowly :D

Forward ports:

TCP 27014-27050

UDP 1500, 3005, 3101, 3478-4380, 27000-27030, 28960

No, internet cable goes right to my PC, it's not wireless.

Forward ports:

TCP 27014-27050

Lol I don't even know what that means :D

Forward ports:

TCP 27014-27050

Then you're not going to get far hosting-wise. You NEED to port forward, otherwise your router will block incoming connections.

I used to get lag in any multiplayer lobbies until i forwarded the above ports.

Look up a tutorial for your specific router, since it varies depending on which one you have.

Forward ports:

TCP 27014-27050

I'll look it up

Unfortunately this sounds like your internet connection is the problem here. You should run some basic tests to figure out your upload speeds and ping times to nearby cities to confirm this.

As an explanation for this: MW2 and other Call of Duty games use P2P hosting system more commonly seen in console titles and such gives an unfair advantage to the host as they can play with no latency. This is of course amplified if the host has poor connectivity to the other players increasing their ping to the server. The only way to reduce the effect is for the host to have a beastly connection just as a "normal" dedicated game server would have (in the range of 10/10 and upwards + low pings to the other players)..

Or you could just play a PC game with dedicated server support instead of a half-assed console port, but that is besides the point and won't really help you with the problem. :rolleyes: