I need help choosing a cpu fan

rtizzer

Here's a link to all my choices so far: http://www.amazon.com/gp/registry/wishlist/3CPL2U3CV9BJ2/ref=topnav_lists_3

I've been looking around for awhile and these are the best I can find, my priorities are these:

1) temps

2) noise

3) aesthetics

So if you guys have any other suggestions please by all means link me or tell me what they are, otherwise help me choose between these. My case is the rosewill thor v2, if any of those don't fit please let me know because I'm not the most experienced with building, but I have built a few rigs before so ease of installation is not an issue. Thanks in advance for your replies! :) Also I'm kind of scared to go liquid cooling because of horror stories about leaks and I really don't want that to happen.

Basically, H100 will give best temps but Hyper 212+ will still give good performance for a much cheaper price. As a general rule: if your case has a 120mm rear fan it will fit a heatsink with a 120mm fan.

"An Excellent Signature"

Here's a link to all my choices so far: http://www.amazon.com/gp/registry/wishlist/3CPL2U3CV9BJ2/ref=topnav_lists_3

I've been looking around for awhile and these are the best I can find, my priorities are these:

1) temps

2) noise

3) aesthetics

So if you guys have any other suggestions please by all means link me or tell me what they are, otherwise help me choose between these. My case is the rosewill thor v2, if any of those don't fit please let me know because I'm not the most experienced with building, but I have built a few rigs before so ease of installation is not an issue. Thanks in advance for your replies! :) Also I'm kind of scared to go liquid cooling because of horror stories about leaks and I really don't want that to happen.

This is probably the best choice for you since the H100/H100i have noisy stock fans and costs considerably more to make it quieter.

http://ncix.com/products/?sku=47090&vpn=NH-D14&manufacture=Noctua

CPU: AMD FX-6100 Black Edition @3.9GHz GPU: XFX 7970 DD (1062/1520 MHz) MOBO: ASUS Sabertooth 990FXA(1st Revision) RAM: Corsair Vengeance 16GB @ 1333MHz Storage: Corsair Force 3 120GB(Boot) + WD Green 1TB(storage) PSU: FSP AURUM 600W(80+ Gold) CPU Cooler: Cryorig M9a  Case: NZXT Tempst 410 Elite(Mid-Tower) Mouse: Logitech G602(Manufacturer Refurbished) Keyboard: Noppoo Choc Mini(Cherry MX Blue) AUDIO:Sennheiser HD 598+ASUS Xonar DGX Monitor: LG M2280DF 21.5" 1080p(TN-75Hz)

If you don't mind the bigness, from your selection the Noctua NH-D14 is the best option, but beware, that thing is heavy (~1.2 kg if i'm correct)

Codename: HighFlyer, specs:  CPU: i5 2500k cooled by a H70ish(2 rad)   Mobo: MSI MPower Z77   GPUs: Gigabyte GTX 660 OC 1150 MHZ core, 3150 memory both   RAM: Corsair Vengeance 16G @1600mhz   SSD: ADATA Premier Pro sx900 / HDD Seagate Barracuda 1TB/Samsung 1TB   Power supply: Corsair RM650 80+ Gold   Case Corsair Carbide 500R   5.4 ghz achieved on the good old 2500k, may it rest in peace. Current daily OC is 4.8 @1.41 v

I would actually recommend the h80i instead of the h100i. The performance difference is at most, 2 degrees and the h80i is a little cheaper. It provides the best bang for buck solution for AIO coolers.

Here is the cheapest price for a Corsair H80i that I've found:

http://www.amazon.com/Corsair-Series-Extreme-Performance-Liquid/dp/B009ZN03AA/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1368470731

Ad Removed

—Glenwing

Phanteks TC-14Pe, is Quiet, and handles heat extremely well, something like an H100 can cool better than it, but at the cost of noise form its stock fans... a lot of noise, if both were measured at a set DBA ceiling the Phanteks would Outcool the H100, its also cheaper, and comes in a bunch of different colours aswell.

Intel Core I5 3570K @ 4.2Ghz w/ Hyper 212 EVO Gigabyte Z77X-UD3H 8GB Patriot Viper 3 1600Mhz CL9 Gigabyte Windforce 3X 7950 @ 1100/1550 Samsung 830 128GB Seagate Barracuda 1TB Fractal Design ​Define R4 Seasonic M12II 750Watt

H80i or an equivalent competitors product would likely be the best for temps and ease of installation, but won't be as quiet as one of the big air coolers at a given level of thermal dissipation.  If that makes any sense to you.

Phanteks TC-14Pe, is Quiet, and handles heat extremely well, something like an H100 can cool better than it, but at the cost of noise form its stock fans... a lot of noise, if both were measured at a set DBA ceiling the Phanteks would Outcool the H100, its also cheaper, and comes in a bunch of different colours aswell.

Yeah if you are looking at a D14 but do not like the looks the phanteks are a great solution.  OC3d had it near neck and neck with the noctua performance wise and it looks like 10000x better

This is it in black but it comes in other colors too

PHTC14PE_installed1_small.jpg