cant run game and movie on dual screen.

Juan Visagie
Go to solution Solved by Goodmane,

Ok I've just tried it and I can confirm that it works.
Credit goes to corruptleef in Guru3d forums for pointing out the Windows 8 update.
Here is the Link. Be sure to select correct operating system, Windows 8 or 8 64bit (x64).
Tbh I'll never auto update my windows because of my internet speed and my unscheduled game play times. But it shouldn't even have these problems when it released.

okay guys this is baffling me must be sum thing to do whit win8.  Ran win7 on a 440gt, Up graded to a Samsung evo 840 120gb ss, 8 gb more ram and a 760gtx. then I installed win8. then this started.  So I swaped out for a 770 and its still doing this. any ideas.

Try running your game in windowed mode, Borderless window if you have. I think it's a known issue but Microsoft just doesn't care at this point.
Windows 8 has a power saving feature that lowers the FPS of any background application. Some people say that they managed to close it, but i never could so i'm playing games in windowed mode if I want to watch a stream or movie in second monitor.

@Juan Visagie Welcome to the LTT Forums, enjoy browsing around, chatting with other members and making friends.

You could try put the game in borderless mode then drag it to either monitor 1 or 2 then if you're using Windows media player or whatever player for watching movies just drag it to a different monitor that isn't being used. If I didn't get this quite correct please quote me or mention me @ my username.

Please become a member of the Linus Tech Tips forum, keep writing smug remarks & let us love you. Peace out.

<| Project M13 & Silverstream. Other DIY projects |>

I've just found a microsoft update patch I'm going to install it and will give you the result if it works i'll notify you.

Ok I've just tried it and I can confirm that it works.
Credit goes to corruptleef in Guru3d forums for pointing out the Windows 8 update.
Here is the Link. Be sure to select correct operating system, Windows 8 or 8 64bit (x64).
Tbh I'll never auto update my windows because of my internet speed and my unscheduled game play times. But it shouldn't even have these problems when it released.

Oh when it asks you which ones you want to download, just download all 4 of the updates, and install them all 1 by 1. You don't need to restart your computer after 1 of them is installed btw but make sure to restart after installing all 4,