Why can my DirecTV DVR connect to the internet?

terrytek

I have a DirecTV HR34 Genie DVR. It has the ability to connect to the internet for On Demand and other apps. I decided to go wireless. I decided to use the wireless adapter it shipped with the day of installation. I decided to follow the online guide to connect to the internet. I chose SWim Connected, but then after I saw a few steps, I realized that I may have an old adapter. But with the old method, I tried using that, still no avail. Do I need to call DirecTV to get a replacement adapter?

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

I have a DirecTV HR34 Genie DVR. It has the ability to connect to the internet for On Demand and other apps. I decided to go wireless. I decided to use the wireless adapter it shipped with the day of installation. I decided to follow the online guide to connect to the internet. I chose SWim Connected, but then after I saw a few steps, I realized that I may have an old adapter. But with the old method, I tried using that, still no avail. Do I need to call DirecTV to get a replacement adapter?

Hmm.. I thought the DirecTV internet capabilities for solely for firmware updates, and also for LAN connection for the technician?

::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

« Current PC ~ Phantom Beast »

.::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::.

Hmm.. I thought the DirecTV internet capabilities for solely for firmware updates, and also for LAN connection for the technician?

Nope. I got DirecTV last year, so that's when the Genie came out, and it came out with pretty nifty apps.

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

Nope. I got DirecTV last year, so that's when the Genie came out, and it came out with pretty nifty apps.

Oh, ok. I must be living 10 years in the past. :D

Then again, I use Comcast - but I use my Smart TV's app features if I need to, or my HTPC/Samsung Blu-Ray, XBOne, etc lol.

::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

« Current PC ~ Phantom Beast »

.::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::.

Oh, ok. I must be living 10 years in the past. :D

Then again, I use Comcast - but I use my Smart TV's app features if I need to, or my HTPC/Samsung Blu-Ray, XBOne, etc lol.

Well, I don't have a Smart TV or anything else other than a "dumb" Blu Ray player.

My toilet bowl can connect to the internet

My toilet bowl can connect to the internet

What do you got? A smart toilet?

What do you got? A smart toilet?

yep

yep

Haha.

Seriously, how the fuck do I fix this shit?

Haha.

Seriously, how the fuck do I fix this shit?

Try calling DirecTV maybe they will help you, if not replace your adapter

Try calling DirecTV maybe they will help you, if not replace your adapter

I called DTV soo many times. I even replaced my DVR, no go. Maybe next should be the adapter.