What should I go with?

Go to solution Solved by Jodomcfrodo,

I'd say keep the 4770k at stock speeds until you can go custom. Or buy the h220 and you can expand that later. AIO's don't impress me at all anymore. 

When I first bought the parts for my computer, I thought that the Corsair H60 would be a good option due to its low price and the fact that it is a watercooler. Over the next few months after I got it, I realized that it was not the best choice and was kinda loud, but I kept my i7 4770k at stock clocks and the temps stayed below 75 degrees when at full load generally. Recently I overclocked it to 4.2 GHz and had F@H running as I normally do while doing general web browsing. A few days ago, I got a notification from CAM (the NZXT monitoring utility) that my CPU had hit 96 degrees and that it should not be running that hot. Shocked, I went to check the temps from the past hour and it regularly went over 90 degrees. This made me realize that I need a better cooler. I have always wanted to make my own custom loop and plan to do it with the iMac thing that I'm in the process of designing. However, I don't have the funds atm to properly watercool the components in my pc (GPU, CPU) with the loop that I had planned out for it ( 420mm radiator modded into the front of my case, 360 up top, acryllic tubing, EK CSQ water blocks etc.).

I only have ~$100 to spend and NCIX is selling the Swiftech H220 for that much. Should I get the H220 and then when I have enough money saved up, take out the H220 (to be used somewhere else) and install a full custom loop or just try not to do anything strenuous with my i7 until I have the funds for the full loop, which will be at least 6 months from now? 

Edit: Rephrased question.

I'd say keep the 4770k at stock speeds until you can go custom. Or buy the h220 and you can expand that later. AIO's don't impress me at all anymore. 

PC: 4770K @ 4.0 GHz --- Maximus VI Hero --- 8 GB 2133 MHz Corsair Vengeance Pro --- EVGA 780 TI Classified @ 1300 MHz --- Samsung Evo 250 GB --- Corsair RM 750 --- Corsair Carbide Air 540 --- CM Storm Rapid-I (MX Blues with PMK Evergreen Keycaps) --- Windows XP --- Razer Naga --- Custom Loop Parts: 380I, EKWB 780 Classy Waterblock and Backplate, 240mm and 360mm XT45, Swiftech MCP655, EKWB multi option reservoir, Mayhems Pastel Red, Primochill Primoflex Advanced Clear Tubing, 5 SP 120 Quiet Editions --- Mobile: Surface Pro 3 (i5 128gb) with JD40 (MX Clears) and Microsoft Sculpt Mouse --- Galaxy S6

That doesn't really answer my question...

Then I don't understand the question. My bad.

PC: 4770K @ 4.0 GHz --- Maximus VI Hero --- 8 GB 2133 MHz Corsair Vengeance Pro --- EVGA 780 TI Classified @ 1300 MHz --- Samsung Evo 250 GB --- Corsair RM 750 --- Corsair Carbide Air 540 --- CM Storm Rapid-I (MX Blues with PMK Evergreen Keycaps) --- Windows XP --- Razer Naga --- Custom Loop Parts: 380I, EKWB 780 Classy Waterblock and Backplate, 240mm and 360mm XT45, Swiftech MCP655, EKWB multi option reservoir, Mayhems Pastel Red, Primochill Primoflex Advanced Clear Tubing, 5 SP 120 Quiet Editions --- Mobile: Surface Pro 3 (i5 128gb) with JD40 (MX Clears) and Microsoft Sculpt Mouse --- Galaxy S6

It doesn't..?

Mind rephrasing your question? --it looks like it does answer your question..

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

It doesn't..?

Mind rephrasing your question? --it looks like it does answer your question..

Should I get the H220 and then when I have enough money saved up, take out the H220 (to be used somewhere else) and install a full custom loop or just try not to do anything strenuous with my i7 until I have the funds for the full loop, which will be at least 6 months from now? 

Should I get the H220 and then when I have enough money saved up, take out the H220 (to be used somewhere else) and install a full custom loop or just try not to do anything strenuous with my i7 until I have the funds for the full loop, which will be at least 6 months from now? 

Reread what he posted. @Jodomcfrodo said to save up for a custom loop.

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.