Stopping Static

Alright so my entire pc is in the mail and is supposed to be here today in about a hour and im super excited but i got the case yesterday and the entire inside is coated in paint. So how can i discharge myself before i start my build without destorying my pc. I understand its not a huge deal but seeing how much money i put into this beast i dont want to waste anymore just in case

ill be working on a coated wood table and on a woodfloor but ill be coming off carpet when i go to start. Also i have a boxer but shes pretty laid back so doubt she will be rubbing on me

so what can i use? should i take out my old old old old desktop from the dark ages and touch its back or is there a simpler method then me digging through junk lol

If you just occasionally touch the metal parts of the case while the power supply is installed and plugged into the wall, you should be just fine.

"M. Aronnax." replied the Canadian, "your arguments are rotten at the foundation. You speak in the future, 'We shall be there! we shall be here!' I speak in the present, 'We are here, and we must profit by it.'"

but the metal is all coated its not bare metal at all

Alright so my entire pc is in the mail and is supposed to be here today in about a hour and im super excited but i got the case yesterday and the entire inside is coated in paint. So how can i discharge myself before i start my build without destorying my pc. I understand its not a huge deal but seeing how much money i put into this beast i dont want to waste anymore just in case

ill be working on a coated wood table and on a woodfloor but ill be coming off carpet when i go to start. Also i have a boxer but shes pretty laid back so doubt she will be rubbing on me

so what can i use? should i take out my old old old old desktop from the dark ages and touch its back or is there a simpler method then me digging through junk lol

If you can get to one fast, an anti-static band around your ankle clipped to a PSU.

Bert & Ernie before squirting spermie. 

Go out and buy an anti static wrist band if you want to be certain you haven't got static, it doesnt matter if the panels are coated, it'll still relieve static.

ive heard a lot of people say it cant be coated metal. But just install and plug in my psu and touch the sides before grabing my parts then?

Yeah, that'll be fine, that's what I did with my build, I had no problems :)

well im not to worried about static ive heard from a lot of people its sorta a myth as long as u dont purposely build it up or have a lot of it when u touch the cpu and ect.

but the metal is all coated its not bare metal at all

Doesnt matter. The paint is thin enough that the charge passes through :)

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

I think it's a bit overrated. In all these years I have worked on computers, not a single component got destroyed because of static. I don't think I even know someone who ever had any component break down because of static.

Just as others have said, don't roll on a carpet or wear a woolen sweater or so  :D .

Personally, I just touch a radiator before I start working on a PC. Seems to work  :P .