Zalman Z3 Plus vs Zalman Z5 Plus vs Cooler Master Elite 431 Plus

RyuuKu

So at first I was going to go with the Z3 Plus but after searching for a bit I found out that the fans included on this case are horrible (the one who made the review used this exact adjective and said that he kept the front panel off to get a little bit more air inside) so I started looking at other cases and in my ideal for the price I wanted (50€ or less) these were the ones that got my attention.
I do know the Cooler Master one only has a fan on the front but I'm okay with buying it and in the next month or so add an extra fan to the back.
Zalman Z3 Plus (49,90€)
Zalman Z5 Plus (51,90€)
Cooler Master Elite 431 Plus (47,10€)
so what do you say, which one is the best?

Basically computer stores in my country, the best ones in my city, but they're not international so you probably won't know them but if you wanna take a look at what they have there it's pcdiga.pt, globaldata.pt and chiptec.net. it's portuguese so if you need to translate it you can go on google translate x) @nsyedhasan

Basically computer stores in my country, the best ones in my city, but they're not international so you probably won't know them but if you wanna take a look at what they have there it's pcdiga.pt, globaldata.pt and chiptec.net. it's portuguese so if you need to translate it you can go on google translate x) @nsyedhasan

I would either get a Source 210 but that is out of stock so I would get a Corsair 200R or the Corsair Spec cases.

Edited by nsyedhasan

Quote me to get a reply!

I would never purchase a Zalman case. I've not heard many good things about them. Most of the time, there is at least one better case in a similar pricepoint.

PC: CPU: Intel i7-4790 MB: Gigabyte B85N RAM: Adata 4GB + Kingston 8GB SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 500GB GPU: XFX GTR RX 480 8GB Case: Advantech IPC-510 PSU: Corsair RM1000i KB: Idobao x YMDK ID75 with Outemu Silent Grey Mouse: Logitech G305 Mousepad: LTT Deskpad Headphones: AKG K240 Sextett
Phone: Sony Xperia 5 II

Well then how about telling me a better case at a similar pricepoint? I'm already at the limit of my budget with the 50€

Well I changed my mind and decided to remove the ssd I added to the build I was planning on buying just because it isn't all that necessary and I can add one later. so right now I have about 110€ but I plan on spending 75€ max so what are good options (at this pricepoint there are probably quite a few) you can recommend? Just keep in my I'd like a window and I don't particularly like red x)

Thanks a lot and sorry for changing all of a sudden

I've built several PC with that CM 431 Plus. Cable management was really a pita.

This looks like a good case with plenty of cooling capabilities and decent space behind the motherboard tray for cable management.

http://www.globaldata.pt/pt-PT/pr/ZZ3PLUSW/Caixa-ATX-Zalman-Z3-Plus-Branca.htm#.U4Y0J3mKA08

Both of these are also not bad. They are one of the newer Cooler Master cases.

http://www.globaldata.pt/pt-PT/pr/NSE-300-KKN1/Caixa-ATX-Cooler-Master-N300-N2-USB-30.htm#.U4Y0GnmKA08

http://www.chiptec.net/componentes-para-computadores/caixas-para-computadores/caixas-atx/cooler-master-n400-usb-3-0.html

I prefer the N400 for it's 2 usb 3.0 but for overall cooling potential and the best cable management,I'd choose the Zalman Z3

Edit:

RyuuKu, on 29 May 2014 - 03:21 AM, said:

Well I changed my mind and decided to remove the ssd I added to the build I was planning on buying just because it isn't all that necessary and I can add one later. so right now I have about 110€ but I plan on spending 75€ max so what are good options (at this pricepoint there are probably quite a few) you can recommend? Just keep in my I'd like a window and I don't particularly like red x)

Thanks a lot and sorry for changing all of a sudden

I would honestly keep the ssd.It'll make a world differences for your computing experience. you don't have to spend too much on a case.

I've built several PC with that CM 431 Plus. Cable management was really a pita.

This looks like a good case with plenty of cooling capabilities and decent space behind the motherboard tray for cable management.

http://www.globaldata.pt/pt-PT/pr/ZZ3PLUSW/Caixa-ATX-Zalman-Z3-Plus-Branca.htm#.U4Y0J3mKA08

Both of these are also not bad. They are one of the newer Cooler Master cases.

http://www.globaldata.pt/pt-PT/pr/NSE-300-KKN1/Caixa-ATX-Cooler-Master-N300-N2-USB-30.htm#.U4Y0GnmKA08

http://www.chiptec.net/componentes-para-computadores/caixas-para-computadores/caixas-atx/cooler-master-n400-usb-3-0.html

I prefer the N400 for it's 2 usb 3.0 but for overall cooling potential and the best cable management,I'd choose the Zalman Z3

Edit:

I would honestly keep the ssd.It'll make a world differences for your computing experience. you don't have to spend too much on a case.

I heard the Z3 has really bad fans and that's why I changed my mind about it. Also I didn't discard the SSD, I just said I'd add it a bit later :) I do know the advantages of having an ssd.

The N400 is really beautiful (imo) but I saw Hardware Canucks video review and they didn't really talked all that great about the case.

So I've been looking closely to my budget and what I could do with it. At first I was going with the 120GB Evo but now I'm going with the Crucial M500 120GB. I know it isn't as good as the samsung but it's what my money can buy and I chose the Corsair 200R Window as my case, I really like it and it's not all that expensive :)

Thanks for all the replies :D

RyuuKu, on 29 May 2014 - 04:43 AM, said:

I heard the Z3 has really bad fans and that's why I changed my mind about it. Also I didn't discard the SSD, I just said I'd add it a bit later :) I do know the advantages of having an ssd.

The N400 is really beautiful (imo) but I saw Hardware Canucks video review and they didn't really talked all that great about the case.

Most of the stock fans for any case around this price point kinda sucks one way or another. That is why most of them only provide 1 or 2 in the case because most would change them for something better.

Since you have the extra budget, I would recommend this; Cooler Master N500 http://www.globaldata.pt/pt-PT/pr/NSE-500-KWN2/Caixa-ATX-Cooler-Master-N500-N2-USB-30-com-Janela.htm#.U4Zc-HmKA08 .

Most of the stock fans for any case around this price point kinda sucks one way or another. That is why most of them only provide 1 or 2 in the case because most would change them for something better.

Since you have the extra budget, I would recommend this; Cooler Master N500 http://www.globaldata.pt/pt-PT/pr/NSE-500-KWN2/Caixa-ATX-Cooler-Master-N500-N2-USB-30-com-Janela.htm#.U4Zc-HmKA08 .

Any reason why? Although I do like the design I prefer the 200R but if you tell me the reason why it is better I might change it :) Thanks btw

RyuuKu, on 29 May 2014 - 06:21 AM, said:

Any reason why? Although I do like the design I prefer the 200R but if you tell me the reason why it is better I might change it :) Thanks btw

I prefer the design too but 200R is not a bad case either. I just don't like how restrictive the front intake is and there's no dust filter for the top vent but you can do some ghetto mod to cover it I guess.