Independent X / Y sensitivity, help please?

TeamTactical

So I installed and booted up Metro 2033 to replay, this time in Nvidia Surround.

Unfortunately the game does not quite work properly at such a wide resolution, with the horisontal sensitivity being three times higher than vertical sensitivity. As I own a Microsoft Sidewinder X5, I am unable to alter my X and Y sensitivity independently in drivers. Have any of you come across any ways to be able to do this?

Thanks!

Sometimes they include this in the config file. In most games this is a "user.ini" or "user.cfg" file. Start looking for that (should be able to open in notepad) and then do a search for sensitivity (this part might take a while).

However, while looking for it myself, I found that there are multiple config files that you will have to edit. This is due to cloud saving and the such.

This forum post here should help with that: http://steamcommunity.com/app/43110/discussions/0/846958223060476459/

PC Noise Hater Level = Linus

Sometimes they include this in the config file. In most games this is a "user.ini" or "user.cfg" file. Start looking for that (should be able to open in notepad) and then do a search for sensitivity (this part might take a while).

However, while looking for it myself, I found that there are multiple config files that you will have to edit. This is due to cloud saving and the such.

This forum post here should help with that: http://steamcommunity.com/app/43110/discussions/0/846958223060476459/

Thanks, I looked it up and found where the sensitivity option is. It seems there is no separate options for x and y sensitivity though, so I won't be able to play unless I buy a new mouse :(

Oh well, thanks for the help anyway.