Plex is Amazing

Probably the best media streaming app I have used I am streaming 1080 content to my pi. no issues :D worked well with my phone too :D

easy to set-up 

It's even better when you have friends that also use plex and have configured it for sharing. I share my plex library with 4 or 5 others in my family; all you need is for them to create a myplex login. After that just share your library with that username through the plex.tv website. I also bought each of my family members a chromecast; now all of them have access to my library at their homes. Best $30 I ever spent

If you're using a raspberry pi, I'd recommend giving plexbmc a go. I prefer using it over RasPlex, it's a tad bit snappier. Though, if I'm on my network locally, I prefer to use XBMC. I've got a centralized db to keep everything in-sync between the 5-6 frontends I have around my house. If I'm out and about, I'll use plex.

I just recently discovered trakt.tv which allows you to synchronize XBMC and Plex so that they will all have the same content marked as watched.

Yeah it's pretty great.

Gotta admit though, even though I run a Plex server 24/7 I still use XBMC 99% of the time.

Unless I absolutely need the transcoding, XBMC just seems to have the edge imo. Also YATSE is simply an amazing remote, far superior to the Plex app.

@MrBucket101 trakt is awesome it's comes into it's own when you fresh install XBMC it remembers all the films / TV series you've watched and marks them as seen.

@MrBucket101 trakt is awesome it's comes into it's own when you fresh install XBMC it remembers all the films / TV series you've watched and marks them as seen.

That's why I use a central mysql db

fresh install of xbmc, copy over my sources.xml and advancedsettings.xml and it has all of my media watched states and resume times. really handy.

I can start a movie upstairs, stop it, go downstairs and resume in the same spot.

That's why I use a central mysql db

fresh install of xbmc, copy over my sources.xml and advancedsettings.xml and it has all of my media watched states and resume times. really handy.

I can start a movie upstairs, stop it, go downstairs and resume in the same spot.

Yeah, that's pretty cool. I'd never considered that, I've always just had mine setup independently. With trakt keeping tabs on what I watch between devices.

Yeah, that's pretty cool. I'd never considered that, I've always just had mine setup independently. With trakt keeping tabs on what I watch between devices.

lol we're both accomplishing the same goal, using different methods

I use trakt to keep my xbmc/plex watch states in sync. If I watch something on plex, it gets pushed to XBMC, and vice versa. When xbmc marks something as watched, it gets pushed to my db, which all of my other devices will pick up on. The same goes for plex

this way I only need one xbmc front-end to have trakt integration.