Thoughts on Twitch.Tv

meritmaster

To me it seems like a very poorly made website.... so inconsistent, and never exactly works. 

I destroy my enemies when I make them my friends.

~Abraham Lincoln

In times when we are on the brink of destruction, war, and loosing ourselves, let's remember a basic fundamental element of love, forgiveness, and understanding; God bless!

well, we will see what Google does with it

Christian and Proud of it

Please read the CoC                                                                                                                                                                                                                              My Build Log 

it's probably one of the better streaming sites I've seen, especially compared to Ustream..

To me it seems like a very poorly made website.... so inconsistent, and never exactly works. 

Don't you mean YouTube.TV?

Err wait, is it TwitchTube.com?

::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

« Current PC ~ Phantom Beast »

.::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::.

Iv'e never had a problem with Twitch. It's probably your ISP...

"The internet is a series of tubes"

Never works? I think you're underestimating the logistics of streaming that much content to that many viewers around the world (include ISP annoyances as well). For what it is, twitch is the best option we have for game live streaming atm, and works surprisingly well.

Try a VPN if you're having issues.

CPU: i5 4670k • Cooler: Corsair H100i • Motherboard: MSI Z87 MPOWER • RAM: Crucial Ballistix Elite 2x 8GB • Storage: Samsung 840 250GB SSD, 2x WD Red 3TB • GPU: EVGA GTX 780 3GB • PSU: Corsair RM750W • Case: Corsair 750D • Mouse: Razer Naga 2012 (I actually use the thing for productivity/media buttons) • Keyboard: Ducky Shine 3 w/ Browns - Green LED • Monitor: Asus PB278Q 27" 2560 x 1440, ASUS PB238Q 23" 1920x1080 • Lighting: 2m NZXT Sleeved Blue LED Strip • pcpartpicker.com/p/3cHfZ

I don't like the UI too much. Needs to be more straight forward and not throwing you around as much. That's my only big issue with it. 

I don't care for it really. I just watch the WAN show and that's it. I don't have a need for it otherwise.

thats why I use HitboxTV (http://www.hitbox.tv/) mate. 

Iv'e never had a problem with Twitch. It's probably your ISP...

Really? You've never seen or witnessed the "Chat System Hates My Life" bug?

Sometimes, there's major problems with the chat such as: it crashes, skips random comments.. randomly - as in, you see that you posted something, but your message is actually invisible to everybody else. The only reason I know this is from some of my buddies; we each thought the other person was on crack-laced heroin cooked in a crystal meth pan which was sprinkled with anthrax.

::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

« Current PC ~ Phantom Beast »

.::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::.

I think it would be fine if I could actually stream in 720p... not that 600p limited bullshit they have going on.