Get Updates for XP till 2019 free

I found this forum post on sebijk.com where they explain that you can copy a text from their website and then save it as a .reg file. When you open it, the registry will import the needed settings for XP to get updates till 2019.

DO THIS AT YOUR OWN RISK! THE UPDATES AREN'T TESTED ON NORMAL XP MACHINES ANYMORE SO BE CAREFUL! (I haven't tested this, so I cannot say if this works or not.)

I just thought I'd share this with all of you if anyone wanted to try it or have a virtual machine just to see if it works. But again, it may seriously damage your computer so be careful. Also, Microsoft may patch this soon. Maybe they already have, I don't know. This was posted about four days ago. I don't think they are that quick though.

http://www.sebijk.com/community/board15-other/board73-tutorials/2985-getting-xp-updates/

This is mainly for 32bit systems. There is a 64bit tutorial as well but that is more complicated.

A lot of us probably mainly use newer systems or Linux but I thought I'd share it anyway if someone wanted to try it! :)

Spoiler

System:

i5 3570k @ 4.4 GHz, MSI Z77A-G43, Dominator Platinum 1600MHz 16GB (2x8GB), EVGA GTX 980ti 6GB, CM HAF XM, Samsung 850 Pro 256GB + Some WD Red HDD, Corsair RM850 80+ Gold, Asus Xonar Essence STX, Windows 10 Pro 64bit

PCPP:

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/znZqcf

Seems legit....

What is a 'normal' XP machine?

Are these the updates intended for the agencies/companies who purchased extended support for their XP systems from Microsoft? What benefit will they provide to regular users?

Another way to get updates would be to use an OS that is not 13 Years old :)

Main PC: CPU: i7-4770k RAM: 16GB Kingston HyperX Blu SSD: Samsung 850 Pro 256GB HDD: 1TB WD Blue GPU: ASUS GeForce GTX 770 2GB PSU: Corsair CX600M Case: Bitfenix Shinobi OS: Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit

Laptop: ASUS N56VJ

yeeeeaaahh, I dont think many of us are using XP anymore.   But even then, I wouldn't download anything or follow anything for xp if it were me because even just visting a website could exploit your computer with a 1 year old exploit that hackers have had tons of practice on that WILL NEVER GET FIXED 

I guess this gives windows XP embedded updates to normal XP, but wouldn't changing the locale to the UK also give updates? I mean, this would be just for a year though since the UK gov paid MS to extend support, but it's less hassle.

Aragorn (WS): 250D | 6800k | 840 Pro 512GB | Intel 530 480GB  | Asus X99-M WS | 64GB DDR4 | Corsair HX720i | GTX 1070 | Corsair H115i | Philips BDM4350UC 43" 3840x2160 IPS

Gimli (server):  Node 304 | G4560 | ADATA XPG SX8000 128GB | 2x 5TB WD Red | ASROCK H270M-ITX/AC  | 8GB DDR4 | Seasonic 400FL

Omega (server):                 Fractal Arc Mini R2 | i3 4130 | 500GB Maxtor | 2TB WD Red : Raid 1 | 3TB Seagate Barracuda | 16GB RAM | Seasonic G-450w
Alpha (WS): 900D | 4770k | GTX 780  | 840 Pro 512GB  | GA-Z87X-OC | Corsair RM 850 | 24GB 2400mhz | Samsung S27B970D 2560x1440

||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||

Seems legit....

What is a 'normal' XP machine?

Are these the updates intended for the agencies/companies who purchased extended support for their XP systems from Microsoft? What benefit will they provide to regular users?

As I said, I haven't tested it so I don't know if it's true or not. But I read about it in a Swedish IT newspaper and they normally don't post things that aren't true. (Swedish though: http://pcforalla.idg.se/2.1054/1.562976/registerhack-ger-xp-uppdateringar-till-2019)

What's meant by a normal/regular XP machine is this if you would have looked at the top of the source I gave: "POSReady 2009 is based on the Windows XP kernel and get updates until 2019. I want to know, if i can apply that on normal XP, but i get a error of version mismatch." So basically some XP based OS that is basically XP. I recommend you reading at least the first part about the 32bit installation process if you want to find out what I meant by that in the source I gave you.

I guess it is the updates for the agencies/companies who bought the extended support yes. But what is so bad with that? The benefit for regular users (if it works and doesn't brick your computer of course) is that you get virus protection and well all of the reasons we normally have for updating a computer.Of course, a newer version of windows or linux would most likely be better since they are actually being updated but some people for different reasons still need XP. This might be an option. Though, again, they have to watch out for bad updates that isn't good for normal XP machines that can brick the computer. 

Spoiler

System:

i5 3570k @ 4.4 GHz, MSI Z77A-G43, Dominator Platinum 1600MHz 16GB (2x8GB), EVGA GTX 980ti 6GB, CM HAF XM, Samsung 850 Pro 256GB + Some WD Red HDD, Corsair RM850 80+ Gold, Asus Xonar Essence STX, Windows 10 Pro 64bit

PCPP:

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/znZqcf