Talklinked. Is lik Apple like even like Apple like and like frustrating language, like…

Distinctly Average

Let me start by saying it is great to see Horst back and that he is recovering well. It must have been a really challenging time.

Back on topic. One of my pet hates is the excessive and out of place use of the word “like”. This video was particularly bad, so much so that I gave up at 20 minutes it. It is one of those words that once it is heard I just cannot stop hearing every miss-use of it. Yes, partly that is my problem. When it is being used ironically that is fine but that was mainly not the case here. Both hosts were jay over the top with the incessant likes. 

Please team, train yourselves to be better. I know it can be hard in a free flowing chat to not pause, and the word can be used as a filler. Some use it to keep the conversation on their side while they gather their thoughts. It is not needed.

But, like, what else are they supposed to, like, say when they, like, pause to think but, like, want to keep, like, talking so they don't, like, get, like, interrupted? 

uuuuuuuugh.

I went to college in the mid-2000s, when val-speak came back around again. I feel your pain.

(I haven't watched the whole video yet, but if this is crash-related I apologize. Incessant "like"s are just a pet peeve verbal tic.)

I sold my soul for ProSupport.

6 hours ago, Distinctly Average said:

One of my pet hates is the excessive and out of place use of the word “like”. This video was particularly bad, so much so that I gave up at 20 minutes it. It is one of those words that once it is heard I just cannot stop hearing every miss-use of it.

"Like", "You know", "Umm".  Then there's always the "Could care less" that drives me up the wall.

It's not just you.

36 minutes ago, Erioch said:

"Umm".

The "umm", I think that's okay. It is meant to be used as a filler sound, rather than the others which are meaningful words that people shove into their sentences too often.

On 4/5/2024 at 10:13 PM, LAwLz said:

I am getting pretty fucking sick and tired of the "watch something else" responses. It's such a cop out answer because you could say that about basically anything, and it doesn't address the actual complaints. People use it as some kind of card they pull when they can't actually respond to the criticism raised but they still feel like they need to defend some company/person. If you don't like this thread then stop reading it. See how stupid it is? It's basically like telling someone "shut the fuck up". It's not a clever responsive, it doesn't address anything said, and it is rude. 

^

-----

MKBHD is but an Apple propagandist and fanboy. Take his videos with a grain of salt, especially about anything Apple. In his video titled "I Visited Apple's Secret iPhone Testing Labs!", he has shown that he makes no effort to fact check Apple's claims, and takes it at face value. I do not believe he can be trusted as an Reviewer/Influencer.

-----

bruh switch to dark mode its at the bottom of this page

VPN Server Guide

I'm sure it can't be as bad as Linus and Luke talking about visit to some factory in Taiwan where everything was described as "cool", "super cool" and "super super cool". Or Luke saying "really" at CES or Computex one year.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

3 hours ago, LogicalDrm said:

I'm sure it can't be as bad as Linus and Luke talking about visit to some factory in Taiwan where everything was described as "cool", "super cool" and "super super cool". Or Luke saying "really" at CES or Computex one year.

I find it really annoying that Linus constantly says "It doesn't matter" when he can't rememeber something.  If it doesn't matter, why'd you bring it up?

2 hours ago, Erioch said:

I find it really annoying that Linus constantly says "It doesn't matter" when he can't rememeber something.  If it doesn't matter, why'd you bring it up?

lol he really does like to bring up things that doesn't matter. It's the main reason WAN show discussion always go off tangent. 

I actually say like so much that I will type out like in sentences, because I generally type like, how I speak, pauses and all.

if you don’t like it (rimshot), sucks to be you, some people are just like that (yet another rimshot)

57 minutes ago, 8tg said:

I actually say like so much that I will type out like in sentences, because I generally type like, how I speak, pauses and all.

if you don’t like it (rimshot), sucks to be you, some people are just like that (yet another rimshot)

I know, right??