Computer won't go to sleep

Jodomcfrodo

Hey LTT,

This problem started in the past few days and I have no idea how to fix it. When ever I used to go away from my computer, I would put the computer to sleep. Lately I've been trying to do that but the computer remains on while the monitor displays no signal like it usually would. The LED's and fans stay on aswell as the gpu. h100i, and the computer in general. When I move the mouse again it goes straight back into what I was doing before with no password prompt. So basically the monitor believes the computer is asleep (when I try to put the computer to sleep) but in reality the computer itself is still on and running. I haven't checked the temps to see if it's doing anything when I put it to sleep. The only possibility I see is that I recently started F@H. Does that run when I try to put my computer to sleep? Shutting down the computer works normally.

Thanks!

PC: 4770K @ 4.0 GHz --- Maximus VI Hero --- 8 GB 2133 MHz Corsair Vengeance Pro --- EVGA 780 TI Classified @ 1300 MHz --- Samsung Evo 250 GB --- Corsair RM 750 --- Corsair Carbide Air 540 --- CM Storm Rapid-I (MX Blues with PMK Evergreen Keycaps) --- Windows XP --- Razer Naga --- Custom Loop Parts: 380I, EKWB 780 Classy Waterblock and Backplate, 240mm and 360mm XT45, Swiftech MCP655, EKWB multi option reservoir, Mayhems Pastel Red, Primochill Primoflex Advanced Clear Tubing, 5 SP 120 Quiet Editions --- Mobile: Surface Pro 3 (i5 128gb) with JD40 (MX Clears) and Microsoft Sculpt Mouse --- Galaxy S6

Give it some Nyquill :). But in all seriousness it sounds like you're just turning off the display and not putting it in sleep mode.

Give it some Nyquill :). But in all seriousness it sounds like you're just turning off the display and not putting it in sleep mode.

I hit the sleep button in windows menu. You know right next to the shut down button. And the display is on because it displays the no signal message.  :D  lol I'm not that dumb

PC: 4770K @ 4.0 GHz --- Maximus VI Hero --- 8 GB 2133 MHz Corsair Vengeance Pro --- EVGA 780 TI Classified @ 1300 MHz --- Samsung Evo 250 GB --- Corsair RM 750 --- Corsair Carbide Air 540 --- CM Storm Rapid-I (MX Blues with PMK Evergreen Keycaps) --- Windows XP --- Razer Naga --- Custom Loop Parts: 380I, EKWB 780 Classy Waterblock and Backplate, 240mm and 360mm XT45, Swiftech MCP655, EKWB multi option reservoir, Mayhems Pastel Red, Primochill Primoflex Advanced Clear Tubing, 5 SP 120 Quiet Editions --- Mobile: Surface Pro 3 (i5 128gb) with JD40 (MX Clears) and Microsoft Sculpt Mouse --- Galaxy S6

I hit the sleep button in windows menu. You know right next to the shut down button. And the display is on because it displays the no signal message.  :D  lol I'm not that dumb

That is weird. You might have disabled the sleep mode C state while overclocking. I forget what its called(C5 maybe). Anyway this happened to me but in my case the sleep mode option completely went away in windows.

Try going back to default and see if that fixes your problem. 

That is weird. You might have disabled the sleep mode C state while overclocking. I forget what its called(C5 maybe). Anyway this happened to me but in my case the sleep mode option completely went away in windows.

I did disable C states but that was a while ago. It has worked in sleep mode since the last time I was even in the bios. I'll check out the BIOS later to see if anything is wrong. I think it's folding at home but I'm not really sure.

It turned out to be F@H. As soon as I quit the background process it went to sleep perfectly normal.