Seriously? Not funny lol

Go to solution Solved by Cramig88,
On 5/16/2024 at 9:04 AM, ulookuglynoob said:

Not a troll. although might have seemed like it. 

What

image.jpgWhat I was trying to say is that you move the 1 monitor in the settings right by the other two. Not diagonal. and then you could just use that without changing your current setup.

Yeah but I can’t move the mouse diagonally to reach the 32:9 G9

anyway figured it out. F*ing dumb of me

the laptop… was displaying a screen, meanwhile the face was down (under my desk, mounted)

anywho I discovered the issue once I opened the screen and D/C’d the g9. 
Been a rough patch (pc died, needs a new cpu or Mobo - probably cpu) but I wanted all my monitors back up…. Errr 6 of em not including the “extra” 32:9 (16:9… doubled)

as of now I have “five” screens up - no laptop screen. 3 externals, the G9

anybody with this issue should Deff uh, open the stupid laptop and see if it’s a monitor lol. Or duplicated!

thanks y’all!

Uh, yeah. How do I move the monitor over if my mouse is on the top two?

lol yeah, wow I feel so dumb. Windows did it!

image.jpg

8 minutes ago, Cramig88 said:

How do I move the monitor over if my mouse is on the top two?

Is windows keeping you from moving the mouse diagonally into the bottom right?

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

2 minutes ago, Fasauceome said:

Is windows keeping you from moving the mouse diagonally into the bottom right?

I went and tried this myself and yeah, if you have it on a corner, you cant move between displays.

I swear there used to be a way to make the cursor follow different windows if you alt-tab?

lol I did alt tab, windows key +directionals. All that did was shove the window to the top/left/right/bottom of the monitor. Alt tab didn’t slide the mouse over

im just gonna unplug a monitor and maybe it’ll let me fiddle. Haha still, gotta admit, come on Microsoft lol!  What the crap?

1 hour ago, Cramig88 said:

Uh, yeah. How do I move the monitor over if my mouse is on the top two?

lol yeah, wow I feel so dumb. Windows did it!

image.jpg

maybe just set it so that monitor 1 is directly by 2 and 3 (in windows). The movement may be weird, but it'll work. just move mouse right, not diagonal.

20 minutes ago, ulookuglynoob said:

maybe just set it so that monitor 1 is directly by 2 and 3 (in windows).  The movement may be weird, but it'll work. just move mouse right, not diagonal.

Writings in my native tongue read from right to left. As you can imagine it has taken time getting accustomed reading left to right. Please have a blessed day ulookuglynoob.

Al-Ḥamdu lillāh ٱلْحَمْدُ لِلَّٰ

4 minutes ago, sacredakbar said:

Writings in my native tongue read from right to left. As you can imagine it has taken time getting accustomed reading left to right. Please have a blessed day ulookuglynoob.

thanks @sacredakbar, and have a good day!

5 hours ago, ulookuglynoob said:

thanks @sacredakbar, and have a good day!

Uhm, not sure if that was a “troll” or what…

anyway issue was the wide monitor (g9) was “out of bounds” if you will. My mouse was on monitors 3/2 but I couldn’t get to 1 which is where I could move them around

Intention was to just show how windows can be silly - never saw that happen before. Fixed it by disconnecting the 2/3 screens and setting 1 as primary (this was from a laptop, lid closed). That was the intention anyway but since my mouse was “landlocked” it was a funny situation

Anyways ya troublemakers now I have a 27” Samsung curved on the left, and the top two are 19” “widescreens”, hp 1903 and an acer 1917? L1917p. Something like that - no drivers are available cause it’s from XP era

the arrangement is the same as the picture but the 27” is left of the G9 (with those guys on top as they should be)

problem I’m having now is everything was fine, till a restart. Should be mentioned the laptop isn’t designed to support more than 2 displays, but I have a dock and a usb to vga, plus another of different brand.

anyway monitor 2 either has no picture or when it does, it does not show a number when I hit “identify” - yet it shows on the settings thingy

if the monitor isn’t displaying an image, windows such as Nicehash or file explorer (name your poison) show up on the blank screen. Blah

more often though, on reboot the resolutions are all messed, the order of the screens aren’t saved, and as mentioned one has no image (sometimes does)

any ideas how to fix this?  When my pc is back up I’ll be using all 5 of my monitors. The ones now, plus another 2x 27” curved across 3 video cards. But that’s never been an issue before with “saved states” of placement/resolution

any idea how to fix that with a laptop?  The lid is always closed btw, the dock has a power button but it’s always running as it’s part of my server forest

6 hours ago, Cramig88 said:

Uhm, not sure if that was a “troll” or what…

What

image.jpgWhat I was trying to say is that you move the 1 monitor in the settings right by the other two. Not diagonal. and then you could just use that without changing your current setup.

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/16/2024 at 9:04 AM, ulookuglynoob said:

What

Yeah but I can’t move the mouse diagonally to reach the 32:9 G9

anyway figured it out. F*ing dumb of me

the laptop… was displaying a screen, meanwhile the face was down (under my desk, mounted)

anywho I discovered the issue once I opened the screen and D/C’d the g9. 
Been a rough patch (pc died, needs a new cpu or Mobo - probably cpu) but I wanted all my monitors back up…. Errr 6 of em not including the “extra” 32:9 (16:9… doubled)

as of now I have “five” screens up - no laptop screen. 3 externals, the G9

anybody with this issue should Deff uh, open the stupid laptop and see if it’s a monitor lol. Or duplicated!

thanks y’all!