odd request, but finding a monitor that does not have hdr, gsync, or freesync

Jesus2422

I have this super niche case where i am looking for a 27inch 1440p, 144hz monitor that does not have any hdr, gsync, nor freesync. Super stupid of an idea, i know. The issue is related to my other post from a while ago where my current monitor is acting like its being fully disconnected when turned off. Best answer i can find is to turn off DDC/CI which does not seem possible for me to turn off on this monitor. Its just an annoying thing i would prefer to sell my current montiro and just get one that doesnt have gsync/freesync/hdr so it should 100% not have that issue. If you find any or know of any, please let me know

14 hours ago, Glenwing said:

That issue is an inherent property of DisplayPort connections, it doesn't have anything to do with FreeSync/G-Sync or HDR. Use HDMI instead if you don't want this behavior.

i am using hdmi for this monitor, even swapped out the hdmi cable and still same behavior. i did see on https://superuser.com/questions/630555/turning-displayport-monitor-off-disables-monitor-completely. They mentioned when switching from dp to hdmi, to block pin 19 with tape, i tried that on my hdmi cable that is hdmi on both ends. It effected nothing.

9 hours ago, Jesus2422 said:

i am using hdmi for this monitor, even swapped out the hdmi cable and still same behavior. i did see on https://superuser.com/questions/630555/turning-displayport-monitor-off-disables-monitor-completely. They mentioned when switching from dp to hdmi, to block pin 19 with tape, i tried that on my hdmi cable that is hdmi on both ends. It effected nothing.

For DisplayPort, it's inherent to the design. For HDMI it can be designed either way. If yours is designed to disconnect on power off on HDMI too, that's unfortunate. It's common on TVs but usually not on monitors. Anyway, all the 1440p 144 Hz monitors that I know of don't do this on HDMI, only DisplayPort.

14 hours ago, Glenwing said:

For DisplayPort, it's inherent to the design. For HDMI it can be designed either way. If yours is designed to disconnect on power off on HDMI too, that's unfortunate. It's common on TVs but usually not on monitors. Anyway, all the 1440p 144 Hz monitors that I know of don't do this on HDMI, only DisplayPort.

if you dont mind me asking, do you have a 1440p 144hz 27inch or more gsync and hdr monitor you prefer that does not do what mine is doing? its just annoying to the point id rather sell it and get something that simply does not do that

5 minutes ago, Jesus2422 said:

if you dont mind me asking, do you have a 1440p 144hz 27inch or more gsync and hdr monitor you prefer that does not do what mine is doing? its just annoying to the point id rather sell it and get something that simply does not do that

I use the LG 27GL850 which is a few years old model, it doesn't disconnect on power-off over HDMI (but is limited to 100 Hz when FreeSync is enabled over HDMI). There are newer models (27GP850) which don't have this limitation. Haven't used it personally though.

If you're shopping on the used market, the first revision of the 27GL850 (with LG logo on the back) that I have doesn't disconnect on power-off on DisplayPort either. The second revision (with UltraGear logo on the back) does however.

1 hour ago, Glenwing said:

I use the LG 27GL850 which is a few years old model, it doesn't disconnect on power-off over HDMI (but is limited to 100 Hz when FreeSync is enabled over HDMI). There are newer models (27GP850) which don't have this limitation. Haven't used it personally though.

If you're shopping on the used market, the first revision of the 27GL850 (with LG logo on the back) that I have doesn't disconnect on power-off on DisplayPort either. The second revision (with UltraGear logo on the back) does however.

i really appericate it, im looking at a few on ebay now that have the lg logo on the back. I really appericate it, ill sell mine for like 200 and just buy one off ebay for about 200 and finally have a monitor that doesnt disconnect fully when just being turned off