AMD Threadripper - 3990X vs 5995WX

Hi, I am currently in the planning stage for a new PC build and need to decide between the 3990X & 5995WX. I was wondering if there were any strong opinions on whether the 40% price premium for the 5995WX would be justified if the use case is CPU-intensive parallel processed data analysis which runs at full load 24/7. If it makes a difference, the system would be running Windows 11 (if I'm not mistaken, Windows 10 and older have a 64 thread limit and end up splitting into processor groups while Windows 11 doesn't).

The online benchmarking tests that I saw seemed to suggest 5-20% increase in performance but I'm not sure to what extent those benchmarks correlate with my use case. Apologies in advance if this is a rookie question.

Thanks in advance for your help!

2 hours ago, rb19 said:

whether the 40% price premium for the 5995WX would be justified if the use case is CPU-intensive parallel processed data analysis which runs at full load 24/7.

No. The chips price to performance ratio is not linear at all. You pay a premeum to have that much speed on a single chip/system. The cost does not directly reflect the amount of performance gained.

2 hours ago, rb19 said:

parallel processed data analysis

if your workload can be split up to multiple systems , then it should be.

Because several consumer grade chips will outrun a single threadripper pro if the task threads can be allocated separately.