is this safe?

splashblox

i have a 1650 and this is really weird, and the clock is also stuck 300mhz all times. From what i know the pci slot can't even provide that wattage. I Think this is an error of reading somewhere. 

image.png.3645077c2ad28895ad22cc0887590319.png

That does appear like the card is stuck in limp mode. This is likely something like the shunt resistor for the PCIe slot failed for some reason. A board level repair shop should be able to fix that, but given that this is a 1650, it'll likely cost more than the card is worth to fix that. 

I'd reinstall NVidia drivers.

Maybe reset Bios.

Maybe reseat the gpu.

A 1650 needs around 70W (but check if there's an unpopulated additional power plug).

I'd install MSI Afterburner and check the frequencies there (MSI Afterburner displays nice long graphs)

Capture d’écran (268).png

Edited by leclod

I'm willing to swim against the current.

14 hours ago, RONOTHAN## said:

That does appear like the card is stuck in limp mode. This is likely something like the shunt resistor for the PCIe slot failed for some reason. A board level repair shop should be able to fix that, but given that this is a 1650, it'll likely cost more than the card is worth to fix that. 

12 hours ago, leclod said:

I'd reinstall NVidia drivers.

Maybe reset Bios.

Maybe reseat the gpu.

A 1650 needs around 70W (but check if there's an unpopulated additional power plug).

I'd install MSI Afterburner and check the frequencies there (MSI Afterburner displays nice long graphs)

Capture d’écran (268).png

thanks for the help, guys, unfortunately the card burned on the repair shop, so I'm getting a 3050 6gb (yes i know the 8gb is much better) instead, thanks for the help S2.