Pump rpm readout

Ozzieh_man

Hi all, 

I have a liquid freezer 3, if i put the PWM to 100% the pump gets to 4200 rpm. Ive seen alot of people having the same issue, but some are stating the manual says the readout is 1.5x higher than the actual speed. I have my doubts and don't know what to believe.... Is there someone who knows more about this?

Never mind i read the manual and i get it now...

6 minutes ago, Ozzieh_man said:

Hi all, 

I have a liquid freezer 3, if i put the PWM to 100% the pump gets to 4200 rpm. Ive seen alot of people having the same issue, but some are stating the manual says the readout is 1.5x higher than the actual speed. I have my doubts and don't know what to believe.... Is there someone who knows more about this?

Never mind i read the manual and i get it now...

I personally just set it to be the highest value that I can't distinguish. Audible pumps usually stand out even through fan noise in my opinion.

Ryzen 7950x3D Direct Die NH-D15

RTX 4090 @133%/+230/+500

Builder/Enthusiast/Overclocker since 2012  //  Professional since 2017

Yeah maybe ill do that, I was just worried the pump might be overspinning but from what i could see in the specsheet: if the rpms is 28xxRPM the readout would be 48xxRPM

13 hours ago, Ozzieh_man said:

Yeah maybe ill do that, I was just worried the pump might be overspinning but from what i could see in the specsheet: if the rpms is 28xxRPM the readout would be 48xxRPM

Plug the pump into the CPU_cooler header so that, if it stops working, you'll get a warning. Set it on a constant speed - the loudest that is ok for you but not less than about 70%. If you have to go lower than that, you're risking heat-buildup unless you've got a strong pump like my TR pump (5300 RPM). If the pump is weak (~2300 RPM), dropping it 1150 RPM (50%) is probably not a good idea. You'd have to experiment to find the minimum acceptable speed for your AIO.

If your AIO is just too noisy even just above that threshold...Wear some protective earmuffs or get a quieter AIO. 😉

I've been using computers since around 1978, started learning programming in 1980 on Apple IIs, started learning about hardware in 1990, ran a BBS from 1990-95, built my first Windows PC around 2000, taught myself malware removal starting in 2005 (also learned on Bleeping Computer), learned web dev starting in 2017, and I think I can fill a thimble with all that knowledge. 😉 I'm not an expert, which is why I keep investigating the answers that others give to try and improve my knowledge, so feel free to double-check the advice I give.

My phone's auto-correct is named Otto Rong.🤪😂

On 4/26/2024 at 10:55 AM, RevGAM said:

Plug the pump into the CPU_cooler header so that, if it stops working, you'll get a warning. Set it on a constant speed - the loudest that is ok for you but not less than about 70%. If you have to go lower than that, you're risking heat-buildup unless you've got a strong pump like my TR pump (5300 RPM). If the pump is weak (~2300 RPM), dropping it 1150 RPM (50%) is probably not a good idea. You'd have to experiment to find the minimum acceptable speed for your AIO.

If your AIO is just too noisy even just above that threshold...Wear some protective earmuffs or get a quieter AIO. 😉

I plugged mine into SYSFAN_4_PUMP, and enabled the fail warning, that should do the trick too right?

1 hour ago, Ozzieh_man said:

I plugged mine into SYSFAN_4_PUMP, and enabled the fail warning, that should do the trick too right?

You are fortunate to have a mobo from a brand that actually provides that option for the pump. ASRock, by chance?

I've been using computers since around 1978, started learning programming in 1980 on Apple IIs, started learning about hardware in 1990, ran a BBS from 1990-95, built my first Windows PC around 2000, taught myself malware removal starting in 2005 (also learned on Bleeping Computer), learned web dev starting in 2017, and I think I can fill a thimble with all that knowledge. 😉 I'm not an expert, which is why I keep investigating the answers that others give to try and improve my knowledge, so feel free to double-check the advice I give.

My phone's auto-correct is named Otto Rong.🤪😂

1 hour ago, RevGAM said:

You are fortunate to have a mobo from a brand that actually provides that option for the pump. ASRock, by chance?

Its a gigabyte b650 aorus elite ax v2