Case Fans and CPU Cooler fans

Straussy

Hi people

Build

7800x3d

Thermalright Phantom Spirit 120 SE ARGB, TL-C12B-S V2 FAN

MSI B650ITX

Cooler Master NR200. Cooler Master SickleFlow 120 and Cooler Master SickleFlow 92

All of the parts fit great but the case fan is noisy af, case fan being Cooler Master SickleFlow 120. The rest of fans are pretty good even the motherboard fan once settings are changed.

I was thinking I might just replace the Cooler Master SickleFlow 120 with a Noctua NF-F12 120mm PWM Chromax Black Swap 1500RPM Fan.

But I was also thinking of changing all the fans to Noctua as Noctua has the best reputation for quiet and longevity of fans.

So the big question is which fans should I choose to replace all the existing fans in my computer with?

Keeping in mind The DBA, Min and Max rotational speed between all fans together and preferably black.

Currently think Noctua NF-F12 120mm PWM Chromax Black times 3 (1 Case fan and 2 CPU cooler fan) with 1 Noctua NF-A9 92mm PWM Chromax Fan Black for rear case fan.

Is there any other case fans that have a similar min and max rotation with same dba production I should consider?

They still make sickleflows? Damn haven't hears that name in a decade.

Get some arctic p series fans. They are cheap, very good and direct competition in performance and noise of the noctua nf fans.

Any reason of replacing the cpu coolers fans? If you want arctic again.

Where are you putting the 92mm fan? In the back? Its fine leaving that out with enough air intake and the cooler ejectinf air it doesnt really do much.

A nice additional upgrade is often slim fans under the gpu. Or quite simply just make a airflow duct to the gpu fans. It achieves the same purpose.

Arctic P12 PWM PSTs

They're /cheap/ and they run quiet, and have very very good performance.  

7 minutes ago, jaslion said:

Get some arctic p series fans. They are cheap, very good and direct competition in performance and noise of the noctua nf fans.

Any reason of replacing the cpu coolers fans? If you want arctic again.

Where are you putting the 92mm fan? In the back? Its fine leaving that out with enough air intake and the cooler ejectinf air it doesnt really do much.

A nice additional upgrade is often slim fans under the gpu. Or quite simply just make a airflow duct to the gpu fans. It achieves the same purpose.

Sickle flows came with the nr200

Replacing CPU fans coz I figured if im getting quieter case fans having noisier cpu fans would negate the effect abit

92mm is in the back yes as my intake as I thought it would be better for air flow (Red being air flow, blue for parts and where they are). Sorry if obvious.

PSU fan is on the inside of case as well so its sort of also a case fan as the case fan on top of it helps remove air

The GPU is pretty cool temp wise and quiet enough.

nr200.jpg

19 minutes ago, tkitch said:

Arctic P12 PWM PSTs

They're /cheap/ and they run quiet, and have very very good performance.  

Do they make a 92MM?

For Arctic Fans, DC or PWM doesn't matter, get the cheapest (as long as you set it correctly in the bios).

If you go Arctic, consider the bundles.

Maybe your fans are noisy because they run faster than they should ?

I believe Fan Control is the current best software, it let's you do anything.

(I run 3 P12 (DC) and one P14 (PWM) with Fan Control)

Edited by leclod

I'm willing to swim against the current.

4 hours ago, Straussy said:

92mm is in the back yes as my intake as I thought it would be better for air flow (Red being air flow, blue for parts and where they are). Sorry if obvious.

PSU fan is on the inside of case as well so its sort of also a case fan as the case fan on top of it helps remove air

Aha so the nr200 is quite forgiving cooling config wise. Do you have the mesh side or glass side. If mesh you have A LOT of good options available.

Didn't know it was a sickleflow on the nr200

9 hours ago, jaslion said:

Not only that, but they're making new and updated versions. The strange thing is that, although they're marketed as Sickleflow V2, the box doesn't show V2. Caused me to buy the same fan twice. 😞

8 hours ago, Straussy said:

Do they make a 92MM?

8 hours ago, tkitch said:

Arctic F9 fans are 92mm and PWM

The F9 is for airflow. P9 is for static pressure, which is good for moving air through a barrier like a dust filter, heatsink or radiator.

I've been using computers since around 1978, started learning programming in 1980 on Apple IIs, started learning about hardware in 1990, ran a BBS from 1990-95, built my first Windows PC around 2000, taught myself malware removal starting in 2005 (also learned on Bleeping Computer), learned web dev starting in 2017, and I think I can fill a thimble with all that knowledge. 😉 I'm not an expert, which is why I keep investigating the answers that others give to try and improve my knowledge, so feel free to double-check the advice I give.

My phone's auto-correct is named Otto Rong.🤪😂

1 minute ago, RevGAM said:

Not only that, but they're making new and updated versions. The strange thing is that, although they're marketed as Sickleflow V2, the box doesn't show V2. Caused me to buy the same fan twice. 😞

The F9 is for airflow. P9 is for static pressure, which is good for moving air through a barrier like a dust filter, heatsink or radiator.

I don't think a P9 exists (or at least quick searching didn't show one.)

9 hours ago, tkitch said:

I don't think a P9 exists (or at least quick searching didn't show one.)

Well, call me blind and kick me in the teeth. Confirmation bias bit me in the butt and turned F9 into P9. Thanks for catching that!

If I'd looked at Ali Express (which I refuse to do), I'd have found this: Arctic F9 P9 F8 P8 PWM 90mm 80mm PWM PC Case Fan 4pin PWM CPU Cooling Fan 9cm 8cm FDB Mute...And yet, there is NO P9 shown there! LOL!

Why am I not surprised?

I've been using computers since around 1978, started learning programming in 1980 on Apple IIs, started learning about hardware in 1990, ran a BBS from 1990-95, built my first Windows PC around 2000, taught myself malware removal starting in 2005 (also learned on Bleeping Computer), learned web dev starting in 2017, and I think I can fill a thimble with all that knowledge. 😉 I'm not an expert, which is why I keep investigating the answers that others give to try and improve my knowledge, so feel free to double-check the advice I give.

On 4/26/2024 at 5:25 AM, jaslion said:

Aha so the nr200 is quite forgiving cooling config wise. Do you have the mesh side or glass side. If mesh you have A LOT of good options available.

Didn't know it was a sickleflow on the nr200

Yea I have full mesh for best cooling and exhaust

I think I found the solution to my problem anyways.

I was trying to use my power supply to help exhaust air from my case but that just caused the power supply fan to run to often and loudly so I just flipped my power supply around so its now bringing air in from the side.

Computer is running much quieter now, might still end up getting new fans though to make it more quiet though.

4 hours ago, Straussy said:

I think I found the solution to my problem anyways.

I was trying to use my power supply to help exhaust air from my case but that just caused the power supply fan to run to often and loudly so I just flipped my power supply around so its now bringing air in from the side.

Computer is running much quieter now, might still end up getting new fans though to make it more quiet though.

😆 Lesson learned? 😉