49inch Ultrawide with a 2070 Super

DaveStatteo

I am currently thinking of swapping to a 49inch ultrawide for productivity reasons but still want a good gaming experience. Now the problem is I'm still running a 2070super, so I have a couple of questions:

1. I know there's no way my gpu will give me anything like good framerates if I game full screen, but if I use Fancy zones (or similar) to create a smaller game region will I still get decent performance?

2. Will I hit any problems in day to day use?

Hope you got a big desk.

I got a 34 inch (21:9) and a problem that didn't occur to me until after i put the monitor on my desk

was horizontal space.  I got about 6 inches (of desk space) for taller stuff, as you don't want to put

anything blocking your screen, like phone, headphones, stealth bottle from lttstore.com.

Had to move the monitor to the left side so i had continuous 6 inches (of desk space) .

Yeah, you need a rather hefty, large desk for that... 2070S will do some gaming here and there with it. Don't expect a ton though.

Can all 32:9 monitors do split screen?

He will still  be able to game at 16:9 and have half the screen for desktop (if all 32:9 can do that).

40 minutes ago, DaveStatteo said:

I know there's no way my gpu will give me anything like good framerates if I game full screen

it depends on the application

41 minutes ago, DaveStatteo said:

Will I hit any problems in day to day use?

no , if the gpu supports the resolution and refresh rate then there would be no issues

40 minutes ago, Renegade042 said:

Had to move the monitor to the left side so i had continuous 6 inches

its still above average ¯\_ (ツ) _/¯ 

44 minutes ago, Renegade042 said:

Hope you got a big desk.

I got a 34 inch (21:9) and a problem that didn't occur to me until after i put the monitor on my desk

was horizontal space.  I got about 6 inches (of desk space) for taller stuff, as you don't want to put

anything blocking your screen, like phone, headphones, stealth bottle from lttstore.com.

Had to move the monitor to the left side so i had continuous 6 inches (of desk space) .

39 minutes ago, Motifator said:

Yeah, you need a rather hefty, large desk for that... 2070S will do some gaming here and there with it. Don't expect a ton though.

Desk is just wide enough, but nothing sits on it except my keyboard and mouse