Issues with booting to Samsung SSDs after Data Clone

Hey! I'm Andrew and I work as a technician at a repair shop, there has been an issue plaguing our store for a while and I'm hoping that coming here can help to solve our issue. A large part of the computers that come into the shop just need to be upgraded from an old and slow mechanical hard drive to an SSD. I have been trying to use Samsung 860 / 870 EVO SSDs for these upgrades and we use Sabrent's Acronis True Image tool with Sabrent's DS-UTC2 Docking station. I have tried to clone drives while they're plugged in through SATA but the outcome is no different. We have resorted to using Silicon Power SSDs since for some reason they work without issue every time. I don't like using the Silicon Power SSDs since they don't have a DRAM Cache but we haven't found any solution to this issue. Do you guys think this is a BIOS-related issue? Or maybe we should switch from Samsung to Crucial? Let me know what you guys think and if you need any more info!

7 minutes ago, Andy8154 said:

Hey! I'm Andrew and I work as a technician at a repair shop, there has been an issue plaguing our store for a while and I'm hoping that coming here can help to solve our issue. A large part of the computers that come into the shop just need to be upgraded from an old and slow mechanical hard drive to an SSD. I have been trying to use Samsung 860 / 870 EVO SSDs for these upgrades and we use Sabrent's Acronis True Image tool with Sabrent's DS-UTC2 Docking station. I have tried to clone drives while they're plugged in through SATA but the outcome is no different. We have resorted to using Silicon Power SSDs since for some reason they work without issue every time. I don't like using the Silicon Power SSDs since they don't have a DRAM Cache but we haven't found any solution to this issue. Do you guys think this is a BIOS-related issue? Or maybe we should switch from Samsung to Crucial? Let me know what you guys think and if you need any more info!

I cloned hundreds of Samsung SSDs in the last year. Not a single problem. I use no name USB to SATA adapters and clonezilla for copying the entire disk/partition and use Samsungs own migration tool if I only need windows.

You may want to add more information about the problem you are facing. Error codes behavior etc.

mY sYsTeM iS Not pErfoRmInG aS gOOd As I sAW oN yOuTuBe. WhA t IS a GoOd FaN CuRVe??!!? wHat aRe tEh GoOd OvERclok SeTTinGS FoR My CaRd??  HoW CaN I foRcE my GpU to uSe 1o0%? BuT WiLL i HaVE Bo0tllEnEcKs? RyZEN dOeS NoT peRfORm BetTer wItH HiGhER sPEED RaM!!dId i WiN teH SiLiCON LotTerrYyOu ShoUlD dEsHrOuD uR GPUmy SYstEm iS UNDerPerforMiNg iN WarzONEcan mY Pc Run WiNdOwS 11 ?woUld BaKInG MY GRaPHics card fIX it? MultimETeR TeSTiNG!! aMd'S GpU DrIvErS aRe as goOD aS NviDia's YOU SHoUlD oVERCloCk yOUR ramS To 5000C18

Huh that's interesting issue.

It could be related to the program.

Have you tried alternative image program.

Like clonezilla thanks @Levent

But what I've usually do is

Use linux live iso then run command

DD if=/dev/sdx of=/dev/sdx status=progress

If is from disk, of is to the disk then

I'd use KDE partition manager to enable boot flag then disable boot flag and it fixes unoccupied space if it has more space than old one.

After that you have to wipe old drive because it has same GUID names boot will get confused if there's two to boot from.

I'm jank tinkerer if it works then it works.

Regardless of compatibility 🐧🖖

2 minutes ago, Levent said:

I cloned hundreds of Samsung SSDs in the last year. Not a single problem. I use no name USB to SATA adapters and clonezilla for copying the entire disk/partition and use Samsungs own migration tool if I only need windows.

You may want to add more information about the problem you are facing. Error codes behavior etc.

Sadly there are no error codes. The clone itself goes without issue. The issue is when attempting to boot to the cloned SSD, the computer will not detect it, or will refuse to boot to it

2 minutes ago, Andy8154 said:

Sadly there are no error codes. The clone itself goes without issue. The issue is when attempting to boot to the cloned SSD, the computer will not detect it, or will refuse to boot to it

https://download.cnet.com/minitool-partition-wizard-free-edition/3000-2094_4-10962200.html
I've used this so many times and never have had a failed result.

I use the COPY wizard, it makes a 1:1 copy inc Windows boot manager

Then I just change the boot order in the bios to the other drive, and discard/format the old drive.

As windows has files in use typically... it reboots if you are copying a currently in use c:\,...on the reboot it does the 1:1 copy in the pre-windows boot environment, then restarts after it's done leaving you with the two drives (mirrored) and that's when I change the boot order in the bios/uefi.

I've never had it not work, and it's pretty easy to follow.

Maximums - Asus Z97-K /w i5 4690 Bclk @106.9Mhz * x39 = 4.17Ghz, 8GB of 2600Mhz DDR3,.. Gigabyte GTX970 G1-Gaming @ 1550Mhz

I think I've read that some people have problem booting and warm restarting with Samsung EVO ssd, and that it might be because of a bios setting named "aggressive LPM support". Try find that bios setting and disable it.