will logitech z906 surround set up run Audio-Technica R70X 470 ohms

tommy3010

Speakers I used didn’t have any amps on the headphone jacks. I doubt you can power headphones that demanding by simply plugging into your speakers.

mY sYsTeM iS Not pErfoRmInG aS gOOd As I sAW oN yOuTuBe. WhA t IS a GoOd FaN CuRVe??!!? wHat aRe tEh GoOd OvERclok SeTTinGS FoR My CaRd??  HoW CaN I foRcE my GpU to uSe 1o0%? BuT WiLL i HaVE Bo0tllEnEcKs? RyZEN dOeS NoT peRfORm BetTer wItH HiGhER sPEED RaM!!dId i WiN teH SiLiCON LotTerrYyOu ShoUlD dEsHrOuD uR GPUmy SYstEm iS UNDerPerforMiNg iN WarzONEcan mY Pc Run WiNdOwS 11 ?woUld BaKInG MY GRaPHics card fIX it? MultimETeR TeSTiNG!! aMd'S GpU DrIvErS aRe as goOD aS NviDia's YOU SHoUlD oVERCloCk yOUR ramS To 5000C18

34 minutes ago, Levent said:

Speakers I used didn’t have any amps on the headphone jacks. I doubt you can power headphones that demanding by simply plugging into your speakers.

thank you 

I don't understand the question.

I checked Google Images and the Z906 doesn't seem to have any 3.5mm headphone outputs??

| Remember to mark Solutions! | Quote Posts if you want a Reply! |
| Tell us everything! Budget? Currency? Country? Retailers? | Help us help You! |

1 minute ago, saintlouisbagels said:

I don't understand the question.

I checked Google Images and the Z906 doesn't seem to have any 3.5mm headphone outputs??

sorry the out put is on the control box that seats on the desk 

1 hour ago, tommy3010 said:

sorry the out put is on the control box that seats on the desk 

ah I'm a moron. Of course the 1 picture I didn't notice showed the headphone output.

Have you tried any headphones on that yet? On a device like that, I would be skeptical if it's capable of giving you a clean signal, and not something with a lot of digital noise. Headphone ohms aren't something you need to worry about. If it's able to get sufficiently loud without needing to max out the volume dial, then it's all fine.

There's a lot of misinformation with automatically thinking that "High Ohm = more power needed = buy a headphone amplifier" when the DT770 Pro trio essentially disproves that assumption.

| Remember to mark Solutions! | Quote Posts if you want a Reply! |
| Tell us everything! Budget? Currency? Country? Retailers? | Help us help You! |

Audio Technica R70X is a headphone I can very much understand the concern for in this case, 470ohms is a lot scarier sounding than 80 or 32 ohms in yout typical Beyerdynamic "studio" headphone.

Then depending where you look you find graphs showing that R70X impedance can max at 1,000 ohms in extreme cases, this being said they tend to be easier to power than their HD600/ 650 competition and pretty much any modern 3.5mm/ 4.4mm jack can power them to a sufficient volume. If volume is really a problem then an Abigail CX1993 dongle plugged into any USB port on a PC (its fine to use a USB-Type C adapter) will be more than sufficient to power the headphones, nice choice btw, R70X are a fantastic headphone choice in todays market, especially when Sennheiser are raising prices and making replacement earpads even more impossible to buy.