High Noise Floor in games only Lyr+/Modi2/he6se v2

Nocturn

I am experiencing a weird issue, where I get a high noise floor only when playing games and only in certain games at that F1 23/Dota 2/HellDivers 2, while in other titles the noise floor is not present, not is it present during audio playback trough tidal or youtube even at low(in track) volumes, the amp is set to high gain due to the high impedance of HE6SE, however, it was never an issue outside of games.

Is there any way to address this?

5 minutes ago, Nocturn said:

HE6SE

These appear to be 50ohm cans, correct? That's quite low, try low gain on your amplifier. 

That being said, if this was an amplifier you'd likely hear it all the time. 

I assume that you've tried running stress tests and testing the sound then too, right?

5950X/3080Ti primary rig  |  1920X/1070Ti Unraid for dockers  |  200TB TrueNAS w/ 1:1 backup

Are you gaming at the same volumes you listen to Tidal and YouTube?

I would try playing all of these sources (Tidal, YouTube, and video game) at the same volume level on the amplifier knob, but then I would mute the source e.g. go to the in-game settings and mute things, mute the YouTube video player.

Ideally you shouldn't be using high gain on an amplifier unless you really need to. Is the 10 o' clock position on the amplifier not strong enough at low gain?

| Remember to mark Solutions! | Quote Posts if you want a Reply! |
| Tell us everything! Budget? Currency? Country? Retailers? | Help us help You! |

29 minutes ago, OddOod said:

I assume that you've tried running stress tests and testing the sound then too, right?

yes, everything is always fine, except when you are playing games. Have hear people having similar issues with DAC + AMP set ups, but still could not find a fix

Just now, saintlouisbagels said:

I would try playing all of these sources (Tidal, YouTube, and video game) at the same volume level on the amplifier knob, but then I would mute the source e.g. go to the in-game settings and mute things, mute the YouTube video player.

Ideally you shouldn't be using high gain on an amplifier unless you really need to. Is the 10 o' clock position on the amplifier not strong enough at low gain?

All levels same the sound is present even if there is no current audio playing trough the game i.e main menu and in-game BGM is turned off.

3 minutes ago, saintlouisbagels said:

36 minutes ago, GuiltySpark_ said:

These appear to be 50ohm cans, correct? That's quite low, try low gain on your amplifier. 

That being said, if this was an amplifier you'd likely hear it all the time. 

Don't have equipment on hand to properly measure, but the volume at low-gain is 47% of something like H95s or MDR-x1000m3, which is lower than my comfortable listening volume or low volume ruins emersion like in F1 23