Is this build good? Should i change anything? [MOBO, RAM, AIO]

Budget (including currency): 5000PLN

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: Can't exactly tell - i play games very rare, i just need a powerful pc.

Other details (existing parts lists, whether any peripherals are needed, what you're upgrading from, when you're going to buy, what resolution and refresh rate you want to play at, etc): 

I would like to go with this Ryzen 7 7800X3D - that is for sure.
I have GPU from previous PC - RX 6800 16GB.

I would like to know if MOBO i choosed is okay - maybe there is someting better in this price range? Maybe i overlooked something?
Is RAM okay? I wanted it to be low profile, so it won't collide with AIO cooler. Maybe i should change?

Will AIO cooler fit without any problems with these parts? Maybe there is some beter AIO that will fit this case? I want the AIO to be on top.

AIO: be quiet! Pure Loop 2 FX 240mm or Cooler Master MASTERLIQUID ML240L RGB V2.
Cooler Master AIO looks better for me, but it has RGB not ARGB. My MOBO has 3xARGB and 1xRGB - will it work with mixed configuration such as 2xARGB, 1xRGB?
Would prefer the Cooler Master.

My parts are:
CPU: Ryzen 7 7800X3D
MOBO: ASRock B650 PRO RS
RAM: GoodRam IRDM, DDR5, 32 GB, 6400MHz, CL32
GPU: XFX RX 6800 16GB
PSU: be quiet! System Power 10 650W
SSD: Lexar NM710 1TB M.2

Link: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/sQ2GgB

Please, tell me what you think. I would like to accept the build and buy it, i need new PC as soon as possible for my work.

An AIO is a scam tbh these days, for your cpu an air cooler from a credible brand like Nocuta/Be quiet/deepcool/cooler master do a very good job at cooling. If you want to see any incompatibilities in your build I recommend you plug all your parts in to http://pcpartpicker.com 

1 minute ago, goatedpenguin said:

An AIO is a scam tbh these days, for your cpu an air cooler from a credible brand like Nocuta/Be quiet/deepcool/cooler master do a very good job at cooling. If you want to see any incompatibilities in your build I recommend you plug all your parts in to http://pcpartpicker.com 

Yeah, i know that AIO is not a must have, but i would like to get an AIO just for the future changes. PC Part Picker is showing that all is correct - i know that all is correct in book terms, but i would like to have any opinion about mobo/ram - should i go for it or change for something better?

For now i'll stick to the AIO, but i'll rethink what you said.

Will stock Wraith Spire cooler be ok? I have one laying around. Maybe i will use it and just wait and think if i need AIO or bigger cooler.

No the stock cooler from the 5000 series is NOT fine your cpu will overheat. The motherboard is fine but if you need more storage then maybe going for a motherboard that has more sata slots would be good. Goodram is a not a well known brand so I would use something else like Gskill/corsair/xpg etc. The AIO should fit in your case. Other than that you're probably good to go.

38 minutes ago, xKempo said:

Is RAM okay?

Get something a little slower. 6400MT/s is a bit too fast for Ryzen 7000, either it will be in 2:1 mode and be terrible for performance, or it will be 50/50 whether it will work at XMP. Either way you might as well get something slightly slower and save a few dollars with a 6000 CL30 kit. 

40 minutes ago, xKempo said:

I would like to know if MOBO i choosed is okay

Yeah, it's perfectly fine. 

7 minutes ago, RONOTHAN## said:

Get something a little slower. 6400MT/s is a bit too fast for Ryzen 7000,

6400MT/s is fine with 7000 series anything above that would be unstable.

18 minutes ago, RONOTHAN## said:

Get something a little slower. 6400MT/s is a bit too fast for Ryzen 7000, either it will be in 2:1 mode and be terrible for performance, or it will be 50/50 whether it will work at XMP. Either way you might as well get something slightly slower and save a few dollars with a 6000 CL30 kit. 

or if 6400c32 is cheaper you can just manually set ram frequency to 6000 after enabling xmp and be done with it

6200-6400 is possible but needs tuning to run 1:1

26 minutes ago, RONOTHAN## said:

Yeah, it's perfectly fine. 

It's about infinity fabric ratio? How do you exactly calculate that? I am trying to find some good info about these ratios but i cannot really understand it. Could you please help me understand that? How do you calculate this ratio? I have too much contradictory informations about this topic.

I don't understand how do you calculate this ratio for different RAM speed, i know only that it's best to be 1:1.

17 minutes ago, goatedpenguin said:

I see that there are many opinions about this topic on the internet, for now i would like to understand correctly how it is working. That's not a problem if i need to go with 6000Mhz - i will just pick something with lower timings.

27 minutes ago, goatedpenguin said:

No the stock cooler from the 5000 series is NOT fine your cpu will overheat. The motherboard is fine but if you need more storage then maybe going for a motherboard that has more sata slots would be good. Goodram is a not a well known brand so I would use something else like Gskill/corsair/xpg etc. The AIO should fit in your case. Other than that you're probably good to go.

Okay, maybe i am dumb, there is one more thing that i cannot correctly understand.

B650 chipset has 36PCI lanes - thats from AMD website. I understand that these lanes are divided for graphics, expansion cards and storage, but i cannot correctly understand how to calculate it.

Is that correct that this motherboard has 36 PCIlanes? How many drives at once can i plug into it?
There are 3 M2 Slots, which 2 of them are NVME as i see. I also have 4 sata ports.

Can i plug disks in all of these slots? Will they work? Will the bandwith be shared? Cannot understand this correctly.

I do not plan to use a lot of drives - maximum 3 drives in my system, but i would like to understand that.

Thank you guys for your responses, appreciate them.

Sometimes installing multiple NVME drives can disable certain pcie lanes and sata slots. This can vary a bit. 

9 minutes ago, goatedpenguin said:

Sometimes installing multiple NVME drives can disable certain pcie lanes and sata slots. This can vary a bit. 

Yeah, i understand that, but i cannot understand how to really check it, for example will i be able to use 3xM2 slots on my motherboard and also 1 or 2 sata for normal HDDs? How to check how will it behave? Where can i find correct info about it?

13 minutes ago, xKempo said:

for example will i be able to use 3xM2 slots on my motherboard and also 1 or 2 sata for normal HDDs?

Most likely no you won't be able to use one or two sata slots. I should also say that with that many NVMEs afaik the bottom pcie slot will also not function meaning you can't have a second gpu.(please someone here correct me if I am wrong)

I found one thing on this ASrock board when watching reviews about it. UEFI doesn't have full timings control, you cannot fully customize timings by hand, i mean - you can see that there are not all timings listed. Will it really matter if i would like to customize my timings later using calculator? What about timings that are not available here?

I don't really plan on overclocking ram but i would like to be sure that this mobo is not a waste of money with limited options. Overall i saw the UEFI and i see no problems, just these timings are a little bit worrying.

This is from B650M model, but i think they should be the same.

EDIT: Yeah, i found B650 PRO RS review and RAM timings are exactly like below.

timings1.PNG

timings2.PNG

1 hour ago, goatedpenguin said:

Have you actually used Ryzen 7000? 6000 is the point where it goes into 2:1 mode on most motherboards, and my luck with 5 CPUs is ~50/50 whether 6400 is even possible in 1:1 mode (2 work, 2 don't, 1 technically works if I tinker with it a lot though I don't trust it enough to actually run full time). It always works in 2:1 mode, heck 7200 should always work in 2:1 mode, it's just that you will not want to actually run that if you care about performance. 

1 hour ago, xKempo said:

It's about infinity fabric ratio? How do you exactly calculate that? I am trying to find some good info about these ratios but i cannot really understand it. Could you please help me understand that? How do you calculate this ratio? I have too much contradictory informations about this topic.

I don't understand how do you calculate this ratio for different RAM speed, i know only that it's best to be 1:1.

So the FCLK (infinity fabric) ratio isn't really a thing on the Ryzen 7000 series chips, it's about the UCLK, or the memory controller clock. The FCLK will always run at 2000MHz once you are above JEDEC unless you manually change it, and there isn't really a ratio where it magically adds a bunch of performance like there was on Ryzen 3000/5000. The memory controller however needs to either run in a 1:1 ratio with the memory (sometimes called UCLK == MEMCLK) or a 2:1 ratio (sometimes called UCLK == MEMCLK / 2). 2:1 mode allows for much higher memory speeds to work at the expense of a massive latency penalty compared to 1:1 mode. 

Generally if you have to ask, stick to 6000 CL30 for the best results. 

18 minutes ago, xKempo said:

I found one thing on this ASrock board when watching reviews about it. UEFI doesn't have full timings control, you cannot fully customize timings by hand, i mean - you can see that there are not all timings listed. Will it really matter if i would like to customize my timings later using calculator? What about timings that are not available here?

That's not really a thing. ASRock, for better or worse, will just copy their BIOS from one board to another with minor tweaks to the memory training algorithms, so if you have options on one of their boards, it'll be on all of them. The B650M-HDV/M.2 I have on hand has every memory timing used by the AMD memory controller, so the B650 Pro RS will have all the timings as well. The screen shots you posted are of all the timings actually available in AMD memory controller, so I wouldn't worry about the BIOS being limited or anything like that. 

6 minutes ago, RONOTHAN## said:

Have you actually used Ryzen 7000? 6000 is the point where it goes into 2:1 mode on most motherboards, and my luck with 5 CPUs is ~50/50 whether 6400 is even possible in 1:1 mode (2 work, 2 don't, 1 technically works if I tinker with it a lot though I don't trust it enough to actually run full time). It always works in 2:1 mode, heck 7200 should always work in 2:1 mode, it's just that you will not want to actually run that if you care about performance. 

So the FCLK (infinity fabric) ratio isn't really a thing on the Ryzen 7000 series chips, it's about the UCLK, or the memory controller clock. The FCLK will always run at 2000MHz once you are above JEDEC unless you manually change it, and there isn't really a ratio where it magically adds a bunch of performance like there was on Ryzen 3000/5000. The memory controller however needs to either run in a 1:1 ratio with the memory (sometimes called UCLK == MEMCLK) or a 2:1 ratio (sometimes called UCLK == MEMCLK / 2). 2:1 mode allows for much higher memory speeds to work at the expense of a massive latency penalty compared to 1:1 mode. 

Generally if you have to ask, stick to 6000 CL30 for the best results. 

That's not really a thing. ASRock, for better or worse, will just copy their BIOS from one board to another with minor tweaks to the memory training algorithms, so if you have options on one of their boards, it'll be on all of them. The B650M-HDV/M.2 I have on hand has every memory timing used by the AMD memory controller, so the B650 Pro RS will have all the timings as well. The screen shots you posted are of all the timings actually available in AMD memory controller, so I wouldn't worry about the BIOS being limited or anything like that. 

Okay, i watched some review on YouTube and this guy said that it does not have all rows of timings available to change, okay, now i am much more at ease with this board.

You said that 6000Mhz is the point when it's going to 2:1 mode, then that i should stick to 6000Mhz for better results.

I think there is an error and you wanted to say that 6400Mhz is when it's going to 2:1 mode, am i correct?

I would like to understand everything correctly.

I think i will go with that setup, changed RAM to 6000Mhz G.Skill Flare X5, CL30. Waiting a few more hours - will read more about mobo and wait if anyone has someting more to say here. If i don't find any potential problems, i will go with that setup and buy it today.

Just now, xKempo said:

You said that 6000Mhz is the point when it's going to 2:1 mode, then that i should stick to 6000Mhz for better results.

I think there is an error and you wanted to say that 6400Mhz is when it's going to 2:1 mode, am i correct?

Yeah, probably should've phrased it better. 6000 is the transition point, where 6000 is in 1:1 mode, any speeds above that is in 2:1 mode. 

2 minutes ago, xKempo said:

changed RAM to 6000Mhz G.Skill Flare X5, CL30.

That's a good choice for this system, if it's a good price go for it. 

Otherwise, the system looks good. 

10 minutes ago, RONOTHAN## said:

Yeah, probably should've phrased it better. 6000 is the transition point, where 6000 is in 1:1 mode, any speeds above that is in 2:1 mode. 

That's a good choice for this system, if it's a good price go for it. 

Otherwise, the system looks good. 

Okay, now i understand, thank you for your time.

Do you think i should go with be quiet! Pure Loop 2 FX 240mm AIO (my case is also BeQuiet and manufacturer just recommends this aio for it) or should i go with Cooler Master MasterLiquid ML240L V2 RGB 240mm?

They are the same size, Cooler master is 0,2mm thicker, i am afraid of potential contact with RAM sticks - do you think there will be no problems with that?

I would prefer Cooler Master - it looks just way, eh... cooler than be quiet. be quiet is really ugly for me, especially the part that has pump inside, it's just terrible looking.

bequiet has argb, cooler master has rgb - do you think that there will be no problems at all to change them simultaneously via UEFI or mobo software? i really don't care about lights at all, especially flickering or some type of color chaning and the addressable function, would like to set one color and have option to turn it off. I am not really into RGB and i don't know how does it really work when mixing 2 types of technologies.

Just now, xKempo said:

They are the same size, Cooler master is 0,2mm thicker, i am afraid of potential contact with RAM sticks - do you think there will be no problems with that?

Highly doubt it. The case should have enough clearance for both, and Flare X5 is pretty low profile by DDR5 standards. 

bequiet has argb, cooler master has rgb - do you think that there will be no problems at all to change them simultaneously via UEFI or mobo software? i really don't care about lights at all, especially flickering or some type of color chaning, would like to set one color and have option to turn it off.

If you're not worried about doing crazy effects, then addressable vs. non-addressable RGB shouldn't really matter. The fans should daisy chain and only take up one (A)RGB header for both, so since that board has both headers it really shouldn't be different which you get. 

14 minutes ago, RONOTHAN## said:

Highly doubt it. The case should have enough clearance for both, and Flare X5 is pretty low profile by DDR5 standards. 

If you're not worried about doing crazy effects, then addressable vs. non-addressable RGB shouldn't really matter. The fans should daisy chain and only take up one (A)RGB header for both, so since that board has both headers it really shouldn't be different which you get. 

Sorry i didn't explain correctly what i meant. Is it possible to connect case lights via ARGB and AIO via RGB and steer them both?

Can i for example set with one click same color for ARGB devices and RGB devices on UEFI or Mobo Software or do i need to change color and behaviour for them separately?

Is it possible to connect case lights via ARGB and AIO via RGB and steer them both?

Yeah, that's totally possible, the motherboard software will take that into account. It's been a while since I've used ASRock's Polychrome software, so I forget if there's a set all button or if you need to set each header individually, though you should be able to use one of the alternative softwares like OpenRGB or Microsoft's new Dynamic Lighting which should have a set all button to change them both at the same time. 

11 minutes ago, RONOTHAN## said:

Yeah, that's totally possible, the motherboard software will take that into account. It's been a while since I've used ASRock's Polychrome software, so I forget if there's a set all button or if you need to set each header individually, though you should be able to use one of the alternative softwares like OpenRGB or Microsoft's new Dynamic Lighting which should have a set all button to change them both at the same time. 

Thank you, for now i think i know everything. I am starting to get excited cause i really like how this build looks, thought that i wouldn't make build in this budget on AM5, i felt that i need 2 times more money for what i want.

I was very skeptical with B650 chipset - i thought that X670 is a must have and it's an entry level. After days of thinking i started to look at B650 chipset differently, now i know that i am not a pro overclocker and i don't need several disks and can go with B650 and be satisfied.

1 minute ago, xKempo said:

I was very skeptical with B650 chipset - i thought that X670 is a must have and it's an entry level. After days of thinking i started to look at B650 chipset differently, now i know that i am not a pro overclocker and i don't need several disks and can go with B650 and be satisfied.

yeah, B650 is more than most people need nowadays. X670 is pretty much only a thing if you need a ton of IO (and I mean ton, B650 already has quite a bit), and if you don't, B650 does everything you need. Gigabyte's top end overclocking motherboard (the B650E Tachyon) for instance is actually a B650E board because it just didn't need the extra IO, and there's no overclocking advantages that come from the X670 chipset, so might as well save on the cost of materials. 

Glad you're getting a system you'll enjoy though, good luck with the build!